• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Cannot Be Blamed For Any Of It .

The war was lost a long time ago....if things collapse completely after like 3 days of leaving after almost 20 years then sticking around a few more months or even for the rest of Biden's term wouldn't of made a difference.

We should continue to cut checks to maintain the peace. That was Trump's and Biden's mistake. Have you heard of the old adage take your bat and go home? The U.S is no longer at-bat anymore, they left the game. China will now take the at-bats and cut checks with the Taliban.

So what was Biden to do about all those things. Engage more of our troops in fighting the Taliban and dying for a lost cause? You did not hear what Biden said no more Americans will die needlessly.
So he left 15,000 Americans to die at the hands of the Taliban? Major foreign policy blunder.

When she's ever booted from office I already see her going on a victims tour giving angry speeches for money. Probably hook up with trump who'll do the same because there will be money in it.

So he left 15,000 Americans to die at the hands of the Taliban? Major foreign policy blunder.
Such bullshit. You guys are so damn desperate for any kind of victory that now you folks are practically praying for American deaths. Sad.

Let us know when 15,000 Americans are killed over there.

Some have accused Biden of not listening to his intelligence and military advisors.

This is who Biden did listen to.

Even with the current chaos in Kabul and the Kabul airport which has been seen every day on every network ever since plus the barrage of finger pointing at our President, a recent survey conducted by Morning Consult and Politico between Aug. 13 and Aug. 16, the day after the Taliban completed its takeover of Kabul, found that 49 percent of American voters still support President Biden’s decision to pull troops from the country.

Significantly and prior to the current chaos, 69 percent expressed support for the exit in an April survey by the same firms.

As a Presidential candidate, Biden campaigned on a withdrawal from Afghanistan. Obviously, voters agreed with him.

Getting back to the August poll, The Hill reports. "Thirty-seven percent of voters [one assumes Republicans] polled in August said they opposed the president’s decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan, which was more than double the 16 percent opposition recorded in April.

"Sixty-nine percent of Democrats approved the president’s decision to pull troops from Afghanistan in the new poll, down from 84 percent in April."

"Over the past 20 years, Americans’ support for the war in Afghanistan has consistently waned. So much so that despite the Taliban taking over the country in a matter of days this past week — after the United States spent a trillion dollars and thousands of lives to prevent such a thing — very few people are second-guessing the need to withdraw, though many debate how the withdrawal has been executed by the Biden administration," the Washington Post.

The Taliban captured Kandahar and Kabul on the weekend and within hours the Afghan security forces folded without firing a shot, hence the chaos we are seeing now

There is no possible way Biden and his military advisors could anticipate that.

To say otherwise assumes the President and/or the Joint Chiefs decided to create a trap for American troops and civilians in Afghanistan, knowing the debacle that would follow.

To say otherwise makes absolutely no sense.

Pot... met kettle.

The "drivel... partisan garbage" is trying to defend the Biden administration's clear failure of intelligence gathering, complete lack of planning to exit with any degree of reason, and resulting chaos playing out across Afghanistan right now.

Biden had to send troops back to secure an airport just to get Americans out that his own failures compromised, let alone our allies and those on the ground who helped us throughout Afghanistan now facing questionable outcome.

The images we see are Biden's failures, there is no way to remove his area of blame for this shit show we are watching.

would have happened regardless of who was president and when.

3 presidents didnt’t end it, and now he is. History will view that in a favorable light.

would have happened regardless of who was president and when.

3 presidents didnt’t end it, and now he is. History will view that in a favorable light.

My point being if the history books try to ignore the bad and ultimately ignore the lesson never learned, only footnote the exit, then the history books will be lying.

My point being if the history books try to ignore the bad and ultimately ignore the lesson never learned, only footnote the exit, then the history books will be lying.

Who said they will ignore the bad? The GOP (who doesn't really give a damn about any of this outside of scoring political points) will alone make sure "the bad" is never forgotten. But the reality is, someone had to do it.

Biden is responsible for everything that happens on his watch.He is a senile old fool.He deserves to be criticized every day like Trump was.
While it is fun does it actually do any good. Clearly the people calling the shots or running our government is who we need to go after.

When Republicans nation build they keep America first while they are doing it.
When Democrats nation build they never keep America first.. Come to think of it, they never keep America first ever. They are constantly apologizing for us and saying that America is so evil and such a terrible place to live.
Joe is in the middle of destroying a nation right now so that should make you happy.

This has to be some sort of satire post lol.

Who said they will ignore the bad? The GOP (who doesn't really give a damn about any of this outside of scoring political points) will alone make sure "the bad" is never forgotten. But the reality is, someone had to do it.

I am not talking about the GOP, I am not a member of that party nor am I interested in defending / acknowledging their position on the matter. Whine, moan, bitch, and cry about it all you want about the big bad meany Republican Party but the reality is Biden has been on the hill in some regard since 1973. He was around for when we helped these same people, who called themselves something else, fight against the ole USSR. That is how far Biden goes back. Is he entirely at fault? No. But quit pretending Biden is some outsider who all of a sudden fixed something.

What I am talking about is history and lessons learned (in this case not learned.) No one bothered to learn very much about these people and Biden fits squarely in the same category of idiots.

While I am very critical of every President with any involvement in the region (meaning going back decades) what I will not do is give Biden props for getting us out when in actuality we are not out yet, more troops ended up having to go back into Afghanistan, entirely surrounded by the enemy who starting to crack down on everyone not in that airport, and Biden's attempts to get us out have been a humanitarian shit show of the highest order with pictures to tell that we will be haunted with and will become recruitment tools for extremism for decades to come.

Biden's addresses of the nation and handling of the press are filled with moments wondering if he is really all there, confused on questions asked, and he has outright lied about conditions on the ground. His administration is backpedaling and showboating now all in an effort do diminish that image of people trying to get on a plane headed out. Kids and babies handed to solders standing on a wall.

Spare me the partisan roses and sunshine nonsense.

You are talking to the wrong one to buy any of it, and now that Biden is President he owns every moment of this exit fiasco. Speaking of, him and his time on the hill suggests he is not saint at all when it comes to our foreign policy disaster going back decades. He is a participant, not a sightseer.

Biden owns the complete disaster of a departure. This should be the final nail so to speak...

1629552951184.png

Hey I heard you guys lost an election! Lol
We all lost.

You voted for him. You're stuck with him.

Such bullshit. You guys are so damn desperate for any kind of victory that now you folks are practically praying for American deaths. Sad.

Let us know when 15,000 Americans are killed over there.
Says someone who routinely touts COVID fatalities for political points.

Some have accused Biden of not listening to his intelligence and military advisors.

Even with the current chaos in Kabul and the Kabul airport which has been seen every day on every network ever since plus the barrage of finger pointing at our President, a recent survey conducted by Morning Consult and Politico between Aug. 13 and Aug. 16, the day after the Taliban completed its takeover of Kabul, found that 49 percent of American voters still support President Biden’s decision to pull troops from the country.

Significantly and prior to the current chaos, 69 percent expressed support for the exit in an April survey by the same firms.

As a Presidential candidate, Biden campaigned on a withdrawal from Afghanistan. Obviously, voters agreed with him.

Getting back to the August poll, The Hill reports. "Thirty-seven percent of voters [one assumes Republicans] polled in August said they opposed the president’s decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan, which was more than double the 16 percent opposition recorded in April.

"Sixty-nine percent of Democrats approved the president’s decision to pull troops from Afghanistan in the new poll, down from 84 percent in April."

"Over the past 20 years, Americans’ support for the war in Afghanistan has consistently waned. So much so that despite the Taliban taking over the country in a matter of days this past week — after the United States spent a trillion dollars and thousands of lives to prevent such a thing — very few people are second-guessing the need to withdraw, though many debate how the withdrawal has been executed by the Biden administration," the Washington Post.
If your point is that the buildup in Afghanistan was a mistake, you are late to the party.

The Taliban captured Kandahar and Kabul on the weekend and within hours the Afghan security forces folded without firing a shot, hence the chaos we are seeing now. There is no possible way Biden and his military advisors could anticipate that.
:poop:

I could have predicted that and I don't have access to the intel. They could have moved out last winter, but they didn't.

To say otherwise assumes the President and/or the Joint Chiefs decided to create a trap for American troops and civilians in Afghanistan, knowing the debacle that would follow.
That does not follow. It means that they did not reassess when they punted the plan in place. Again, six months ago, all this would have been easy. Everyone was notified of the completion date, even you.

I agree you are not making sense.

We all lost.

If your point is that the buildup in Afghanistan was a mistake, you are late to the party.

I could have predicted that and I don't have access to the intel. They could have moved out last winter, but they didn't.

That does not follow. It means that they did not reassess when they punted the plan in place. Again, six months ago, all this would have been easy. Everyone was notified of the completion date, even you.

Yeah biden is great

We all lost.

Oh look. Shotgun spam trolling. The lying gish gallop of forum posting.

We just lost a war too
The war was lost as soon as we turned it into a nation-building endeavor and you know it. Have fun throwing darts at Democrats - it's all you do.

Why don't you speak out in support of that great peach plan Pompeo and trump laid out with the Taliban? How'd that go?

You guys are do adorable :)

I am not talking about the GOP, I am not a member of that party nor am I interested in defending / acknowledging their position on the matter. Whine, moan, bitch, and cry about it all you want about the big bad meany Republican Party but the reality is Biden has been on the hill in some regard since 1973. He was around for when we helped these same people, who called themselves something else, fight against the ole USSR. That is how far Biden goes back. Is he entirely at fault? No. But quit pretending Biden is some outsider who all of a sudden fixed something.

What I am talking about is history and lessons learned (in this case not learned.) No one bothered to learn very much about these people and Biden fits squarely in the same category of idiots.

While I am very critical of every President with any involvement in the region (meaning going back decades) what I will not do is give Biden props for getting us out when in actuality we are not out yet, more troops ended up having to go back into Afghanistan, entirely surrounded by the enemy who starting to crack down on everyone not in that airport, and Biden's attempts to get us out have been a humanitarian shit show of the highest order with pictures to tell that we will be haunted with and will become recruitment tools for extremism for decades to come.

Biden's addresses of the nation and handling of the press are filled with moments wondering if he is really all there, confused on questions asked, and he has outright lied about conditions on the ground. His administration is backpedaling and showboating now all in an effort do diminish that image of people trying to get on a plane headed out. Kids and babies handed to solders standing on a wall.

Spare me the partisan roses and sunshine nonsense.

You are talking to the wrong one to buy any of it, and now that Biden is President he owns every moment of this exit fiasco. Speaking of, him and his time on the hill suggests he is not saint at all when it comes to our foreign policy disaster going back decades. He is a participant, not a sightseer.

We'll agree to disagree then. Call me partisan all you want, but the reality is this was going to be a massive fiasco no matter who was president. Biden did what the previous president only talked about, and ultimately history will reflect that, IMO.

Also, nobody said Biden was an outsider, in fact he's the complete opposite. None of that changes the reality is...he's ending a forever war that was specifically started under a GOP administration, a war 3 presidents should have ended when they had the chance.

We should continue to cut checks to maintain the peace. That was Trump's and Biden's mistake. Have you heard of the old adage take your bat and go home? The U.S is no longer at-bat anymore, they left the game. China will now take the at-bats and cut checks with the Taliban.
Lol, cutting checks seemed to be the only thing that worked, that's for sure.

The Taliban captured Kandahar and Kabul on the weekend and within hours the Afghan security forces folded without firing a shot, hence the chaos we are seeing now

There is no possible way Biden and his military advisors could anticipate that.

Americans wanting to pulling out of Afghanistan isn't the issue, its HOW they pulled out that was the problem.

You hope for the best, yet plan for the worst. That wasn't done. Not knowing the Afghan army would crumble so soon is an excuse, when you have no back up plan in case it does.

You hope for the best, yet plan for the worst. That wasn't done. Not knowing the Afghan army would crumble so soon is an excuse, when you have no back up plan in case it does.
Hindsight is 20/20.

We had been training and equipping that army for 20 years and several billion dollars. No doubt their immediate surrender without firing a shot was contemplated. However, as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staffs will attest, with no hard intelligence on the possibility, the collapse of the Afghan army within a matter of hours was considered remote.

A commander does not base his operations on remote possibilities. If Biden had considered it in his planning, what would have been different? With only 2500 troops left in Afghanistan thanks to Trump, Kandahar and Kabul still would have fallen on the weekend just as it did.

There is not much Biden could do with only 2500 troops.

Back
Top Bottom