• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden blasts Republicans, asks party to name what it stands for

Because it's just a gimmick.

Minorities voting rights are exactly the same as everyone else's.
Voting access however will not be come the next election cycle.

It’s gonna be a Shit show.

Basic Republican Principles​

From its inception in 1854 and from its earliest stands against the oppressive institution of slavery, the Republican Party has defined itself as the protector of individual freedom. Today, 140 years later, we, of the WSU College Republicans, reaffirm our commitment as Republicans in the cause of freedom and liberty. And we redirect our course back to the basic tenets of our common Republican philosophy--a philosophy which includes among its components:

1. A Belief in Smaller Government: To preserve the sanctity of liberty of the individual, it is our belief that government must necessarily be limited. Otherwise, the paternalism of the few would restrict the freedom of the many to decide what is best for themselves.
  2. Support of the Federalist System of Government: To bring power closer to the people, it is imperative we restrict the growth of a centralized federal government....States ought to have the power to determine which programs and measures would be most appropriate and fitting for them.
  3. Fiscal Conservatism: In keeping with our desires for the greatest individual liberty, we support policies of limited taxation and government spending.
  4. Strong National Defense: We believe the best way to preserve the peace and protect our national interests abroad comes through a strong national defense.
  5. Individual Liberties and Responsibilities: Along with individual liberties come individual responsibilities and duties. Government must act to preserve freedom, while individuals must exercise their responsibilities to preserve order.
  6. Tolerance, Inclusiveness, and Optimism: We believe in the right of fellow Republicans to disagree on certain matters of principle and policy. We believe in being an open and inclusive party respectful of different points of view. We are indeed a "big-tent" party that offers no "litmus tests" or barriers to entry.

The Republican Oath​

I believe that the proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people.

I believe that good government is based on the individual and that each person's ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized.

I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.

I believe that sound money policy should be our goal.

I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin. I believe that persons with disabilities should be afforded equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity as well.

I believe we must retain those principles worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.

I believe that Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.

Finally, I believe that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.

https://public.wsu.edu/~wsucr/principles.html

It's not what they stand for that defines the GOP, It's who they kneel for. As long as they're the Trump-publicans, they're a criminal enterprise with no deserved respect.

Voting access however will not be come the next election cycle.

It’s gonna be a Shit show.

So then, you're admitting that "equal voting rights" is a gimmick and a lie.

The only real debate is over what kinds of access and how do we secure them properly.

Cut the democrat party propoganda bullshit, and we're not talking about "equal voting rights". That's just a gimmick to liberals fired up.

im sure its not for you, for the people that respect facts and honesty its awesome!

Hey look MORE delicious desperate dishonest dodges and deflections proving me right once again LMAO I love it!

once agaion
if your claims are true how come since 1964 million and millions, generation after generation haven't been able to figure out what you claim is true?
😁🍿

That post is completely retarded and immature.

It's incoherent and ridiculous.

You don't even know what you're talking about or asking. Neither does anyone else.

Of course they're blocking his agenda because it's not what they want. Biden's been a part of a few filibusters so he knows the drill. He's just surprised that two of his own also do not want what he wants. So the inevitable finger pointing has started.

Republicans have repeatedly proven they care more about who writes a bill than the bill itself. Whenever something was proposed or supported by Trump the Terrorist, they were all in. But whenever the exact same proposal was supported or made by Joe Biden they tried to block 100% of it. Their only agenda is, "Hate the Democrats."

That post is completely retarded and immature.

It's incoherent and ridiculous.

You don't even know what you're talking about or asking. Neither does anyone else.
grrrrrrrrrr
dodge noted and your post fails again! LMAO

once again
if the claims are true how come since 1964 million and millions, generation after generation of black people haven't been able to figure out what you have?
😁🍿

Republicans have repeatedly proven they care more about who writes a bill than the bill itself. Whenever something was proposed or supported by Trump the Terrorist, they were all in. But whenever the exact same proposal was supported or made by Joe Biden they tried to block 100% of it. Their only agenda is, "Hate the Democrats."
Please spare me the "my party doesn't do that but yours does" routine. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Please spare me the "my party doesn't do that but yours does" routine.

Show me liberal and progressive Democrats who always do exactly the same thing I criticized Republicans for doing.

Show me liberal and progressive Democrats who always do exactly the same thing I criticized Republicans for doing.
Hold up for a sec. Are you actually being serious and insinuating that Democrats (or any other flavor of politician) don't engage in that type of activity?

Hold up for a sec. Are you actually being serious and insinuating that Democrats (or any other flavor of politician) don't engage in that type of activity?

I believe it when I see it. And so far I have not seen it.

My answer: White Power!
Also, Joe Manchin has now proven he is a corrupt liar after his stunt with his ridiculous sign.

He didnt anticipate? Hello! He was vice president for 8 years!

It's a difficult sell for liberals, since nothing has fundamentally changed.

In the last century, the democrat party rose to power by convincing poor white people that all of their problems were because of poor black people. And not the democrat party politicians that had been in charge of their communities.

Democrat party supporters wore white hoods, burned crosses, bullied jury's and burned down livelyhoods of people who disagreed with them.

In this century the democrat party has risen to power by convincing poor people of color that all of their problems are because of poor rural white people and not the democrat party politicians that have been in charge of their communities for decades.

Democrat party supporters wear black masks and carry BLM flags. They bully juries, terrorize communities and burn down livelyhoods of people who disagree with them.

There really is no difference between the democrat party of back then and now.

They're just playing the opposite side of the field ....for now.
Charlton Lyons.

No, I don't care about "the southern strategy". It's an old republican party thing. Not a shift in democrat party politics. It's totally irrelevant to this discussion.

The democrat party used violence and racism to further it's cause last century.

The democrat party uses violence and racism to further thier cause today.

They use the exact same playbook today, they did back then. They just changed ends of the field.
The funny thing about that is, every four years democrat party politicians and propoganda networks start in that typical buzzwords and catchphrases.

Get the ghettos all riled for "change". Just to run down to the polls and vote for the same Democrats that have been in charge of those communities for decades.

After fifty years of democrat party propoganda directed at black people, and fifty years of voting for the same people,
Black people's communities are as bad they've ever been, thier schools are as bad as they've ever been, they're still at or near the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder.

And as the democrat party loses usefulness of the African American community in return for the new latin supermajority , African American communities are disappearing as they get displaced and competition for jobs gets even harder as the ladder gets pulled up even further.

Soon African Americans will be just another group in a hodge Podge mess of different groups all vying for control. And the democrat party is basically going to tell them to get in line with everyone else.

Democrats love talking about the past of African Americans, so they don't have to talk about the future.

That's what fifty years of democrat party rule has done for African Americans

Congratulations
James F Burns

grrrrrrrrrr
dodge noted and your post fails again! LMAO

once again
if the claims are true how come since 1964 million and millions, generation after generation of black people haven't been able to figure out what you have?
😁🍿

Exactly what haven't they figured out?

You're getting incoherent here and not making sense.

Exactly what makes you thier spokesperson anyway? I mean what the hell are you even talking about? Do you even know?

"You've got to pass the bill to find out what's in it" - Nancy pelosi

Exactly what haven't they figured out?

You're getting incoherent here and not making sense.

Exactly what makes you thier spokesperson anyway? I mean what the hell are you even talking about? Do you even know?
chooooochoooooo more dodging LOL
its never going to work your posts just look more and more stupid with each dodge and it gives us more and more entertainment

once again
😁🍿

Answer -- everything that you are not, Sleepy .

Honesty , Transparency and Understanding .
Yes, in the alternative universe that may be true.

In America, they had no platform in 2020 except the personal glory of Donald Trump, who himself stood for nothing (his campaign website was devoid of policy positions) other than the personal glory of Donald Trump. At least you can say they had a common objective.

Honesty??? With Trump as their standard bearer???? I am laughing so hard I best not consume any liquids...

Backatacha. Just one example - very single Dem leader supported the border wall - until Trump said he was going to build it.

chooooochoooooo more dodging LOL
its never going to work your posts just look more and more stupid with each dodge and it gives us more and more entertainment

once again
😁🍿

You're completely unintelligible at this point. You're not making any sense whatsoever.

Exactly what haven't black people figured out?
What the hell are you even talking about?

Wow. Just wow.

“Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”.- Mark Twain.

Good day sir.

Republicans are for:

Tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations of course. Their single most important objective.
Deregulation so corporations can run wild.
Putting ultra-conservative, groomed-to-be-corrupt judges on the bench.
Reversing Roe v Wade
anti-covid health recommendations

* Dismanting the democratic process altogether

Back
Top Bottom