• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden $2 trillion infrastructure jobs plan funded by corporate tax hike

So how much of this money will end up in the coffers of union orgs?

Yep, but Biden stating that raising US business taxes would help the US compete in the global marketplace is absolute BS. I have absolutely no objections to closing loopholes and getting rid of special accounting methods.

It is also strange (and grossly misleading) when folks compare US corporate (business?) tax rates to those in other countries using only the US federal income tax - while ignoring the employer contributions to the federal payroll tax (at 7.65%), mandated medical care insurance subsidies and state/local income/property taxes.
In all fairness he does have to sell the bill. How many times did Trump lie about legislature or everything for that matter? Still waiting on that cheaper, better health care bill.

So how much of this money will end up in the coffers of union orgs?

Not enough.

Want to make America great bring back the unions and along will come the middle class...

This sounds like a good idea. I'm sure the anti-taxers will disagree. But, let's face it. 28% is more than fair.

Hmmmm! Were have I heard that idiocy before. The term “shovel ready jobs” keeps buzzing around in my head. Taxing prosperity is a sure way of building the economy. :rolleyes:

Not enough.

Want to make America great bring back the unions and along will come the middle class...
Union leaders only care about their workers paying dues, dues which go to support the Union boss's political agendas.

Union bosses give money for Democrat politicians' political warchests ---> they get elected/re-elected ---> they create & pass bills like infrastructure ---> which gives jobs to union workers ---> who pay dues ---> the whole ****ing process starts all over again.

Legalized money laundering.

Raising the corporate federal income tax rate from 21% to 28% would not increase federal revenue enough to even eliminate the current annual federal “budget” deficit (based on the normal $4T in annual total federal spending).
It’s likely to increase the deficit. Businesses and high earners will arrange their affairs to minimize taxation. I’ve never figured out how the left raises tax to reduce things, like smoking, eating too much sugar, etc. but things that taxing economic activity will INCREASE it and therefore generate more revenue. Trump handled Biden an economy already showing signs of strong growth and upward potential and Joe wants to piss all over it.

Hmmmm! Were have I heard that idiocy before. The term “shovel ready jobs” keeps buzzing around in my head. Taxing prosperity is a sure way of building the economy. :rolleyes:
I wonder how many Solyndras will we end up investing in this time.

Raising the corporate federal income tax rate from 21% to 28% would not increase federal revenue enough to even eliminate the current annual federal “budget” deficit (based on the normal $4T in annual total federal spending).
It would if they all actually paid it. Even before the recent tax cut many corps were paying close to zero for various reasons and loopholes.

The people with a history of crashing the economy over the past 20 years are the GOP. You may want to look into that.
Only when they had Def assistance from Congress, particularly the House.

As I understand it, Biden’s prioritizing “equity” and “climate change” ahead of sound economics. So watch for Black Owner Solynra II.

As I understand it, Biden’s prioritizing “equity” and “climate change” ahead of sound economics. So watch for Black Owner Solynra II.
Great. So my money is going to some stupid "Woke" agenda. That makes me feel better....NOT!

It would if they all actually paid it. Even before the recent tax cut many corps were paying close to zero for various reasons and loopholes.
“Many”? More like a few. Corporate tax revenues were growing well until the pandemic.

Union leaders only care about their workers paying dues, dues which go to support the Union boss's political agendas.

Union bosses give money for Democrat politicians' political warchests ---> they get elected/re-elected ---> they create & pass bills like infrastructure ---> which gives jobs to union workers ---> who pay dues ---> the whole ****ing process starts all over again.

Legalized money laundering.

You just described exact what corporations and the wealthy do, however only to e rich themselves rather than their members.

And they have no problem forming unions like ALEC...

Why shouldn't employees be able to pool their money and make it an even playing field.

BTW if it wasn't for a union chauvis would have a public defender and settled already...

Hopefully solyndra will come back, their product was light years ahead of the competition.
They failed because China flooded the market with solar panels at under manufacturing cost and put them out of business...

I have come to the conclusion that the price tags on these bills no longer matter. Its apparent that both partys are engaged in this perverse contest of who can fleece the most from the tax payers. The debts they are accruing no longer affect the current generation. We are paying off the debt past generations ran up and future generations will pay off ours and this will continue until the bubble bursts. Talking about the money figures is a fruitless conversation.

What people need to focus on is what they claim the bill will do. They devil is always in the details which nobody has yet.

A couple of my questions are:
What the hell is a global tax I have never heard of this before

How does it work?
For instance does a domest8c company like apple pay this global tax for making phones in china and selling here?

What foreign companies who sell us things like Toyota. Do they pay this tax ontop of what they pay wherever they are head quartered out of?

It sounds a lot like tariffs to me.

Does anybody here understand them enough to give me a rudimentary explanation?

Another thing that caught my attention is his lead pipe program. That requires opening up walls in houses, removing the plumbing, and installing new. The government is going to pay for this 100%????

There's so much to unwrap in this bill. And forgive my skepticism but I also remember them borrowing 800 billion under Obama and telling us it was going to go to infrastructure. Here we are 12 years later and now they need $2T to fix our roads and bridges and we are still waiting to see those shovel ready jobs to materialize from 12 years ago.

Of course you lapped it right up like a good blue team player. :ROFLMAO:

The debt isn't going anywhere but up

You must have went to the Bill Clinton school of budgets and debt?
Is the bill paid for? How do you expect to lower the debt, increased taxes?

Nonsense. You can’t even link to the summary or text of “this bill”, yet you just know that it will pay for itself. That is pure partisan nonsense.
No, I know how it is currently laid out. Spent over 8 years, paid for by increasing taxes for 15 years. How was it that 45 said the tax cut would be paid for? How about the wall? This bill is a legitimate example of pay as you go.

This sounds like a good idea. I'm sure the anti-taxers will disagree. But, let's face it. 28% is more than fair.

I see you fell for the "Fools Gold"LOL)

You do know it's going to be a 1/2 a Trillion a year just on the INTEREST on Our national debt soon?

No, I know how it is currently laid out. Spent over 8 years, paid for by increasing taxes for 15 years. How was it that 45 said the tax cut would be paid for? How about the wall? This bill is a legitimate example of pay as you go.

paid for by increasing taxes for 15 years

15 years?!!!

We're going on a 1/2 Trillion a year on just our interest on our debt

*cough*

Might have been here......

When is “infrastructure week” anyway?

🤷

Can you tell us the rw tax policy that crashed the economy?

(this should be good)
Reagan, Bush & Trump’s borrow and spend tax policies are the root cause for our $25T national debt. Voodoo economics.

The people with a history of crashing the economy over the past 20 years are the GOP. You may want to look into that.

yes, that inherited DE
Reagan, Bush & Trump’s borrow and spend tax policies are the root cause for our $25T national debt. Voodoo economics.

yes, there wasn't one DEMOCRAT who supported the war in Iraq and Afghanistan!

Not one

You have a short memory

Back
Top Bottom