• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden $2 trillion infrastructure jobs plan funded by corporate tax hike

yes, that inherited DE

yes, there wasn't one DEMOCRAT who supported the war in Iraq and Afghanistan!

Not one

You have a short memory
Please show where I mentioned “the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

I’ll wait.

I’ll wait.

Yep, spending had nothing to do with the “budget” deficits. ;)

BTW, the national debt is now $28T (not $25T).

I’ll wait.

You didn't

I always have to fill in your holes

Reagan, Bush & Trump’s borrow and spend tax policies are the root cause for our $25T national debt. Voodoo economics.
<daily chuckle>

Da Nile runs deep in RightWingLand
Retired GOP Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole and retired GOP Sen. Alan Simpson both said the 1983 windfall tax cuts for the rich were the worst policy decisions they ever made.

Bob Dole's proposal for a 15 percent income tax cut has reignited the long-standing debate about the economic impact of Reaganomics in the 1980s. This study assesses the Reagan supply-side policies by comparing the nation's economic performance in the Reagan years (1981-89) with its performance in the immediately preceding Ford-Carter years (1974-81) and in the Bush-Clinton years that followed (1989-95). On 8 of the 10 key economic variables examined, the American economy performed better during the Reagan years than during the pre- and post-Reagan years. Real economic growth averaged 3.2 percent during the Reagan years versus 2.8 percent during the Ford-Carter years and 2.1 percent during the Bush-Clinton years. Real median family income grew by $4,000 during the Reagan period after experiencing no growth in the preReagan years; it experienced a loss of almost $1,500 in the post-Reagan years. Interest rates, inflation, and unemployment fell faster under Reagan than they did immediately before or after his presidency. The only economic variable that was worse in the Reagan period than in both the pre- and post-Reagan years was the savings rate, which fell rapidly in the 1980s. The productivity rate was higher in the pre-Reagan years but much lower in the post-Reagan years. This study also exposes 12 fables of Reaganomics, such as that the rich got richer and the poor got poorer, the Reagan tax cuts caused the deficit to explode, and Bill Clinton's economic record has been better than Reagan'

What a failure, huh?

Gee, who could have guessed that Biden was full of BS when he claimed he would not raise taxes on people making less than $400k?

Here's to all those Biden voters who think they're sticking it to those greedy corporations while their wages go stagnant and they pay more for everything they buy. 🍾🥴

15 years?!!!

We're going on a 1/2 Trillion a year on just our interest on our debt

*cough*
.345 trillion is about equal to .5 trillion where? The increase in corporate taxes is to pay for this bill. My reference to the national debt is different than what you are talking about. Please note, your real concern about debt is exposed by your concern about this bill and your lack of response to my questions about how 45 paid for his tax cuts and the wall.

Might have been here......

When is “infrastructure week” anyway?

🤷
LOL, You still “whataboutTrumping”? Maybe you haven’t heard: He’s not President anymore. Pass it on to your friends - they probably don’t know either. :LOL:

Calling this an “infrastructure plan” is an outright lie. Only about 30% goes to actually repairing/fixing bridges, roads and other thing sane people would consider “infrastructure. The rest pays off the various woksters that helped Biden “win”.

It's going to be a lot more than $2 Trillion. Try about $4 Trillion.

Either way, it's going to crash our economy.

But hey...that sounds like a good idea to you, doesn't it?
I don’t know how many times I’ve heard those warnings from Republicans.

Obama’s stimulus was supposed to make interest rates skyrocket, increase unemployment and debase the dollar, according to Republicans. It did none of those things.

Then, Obamacare was supposed to destroy the economy. It didn’t.

Now, spending money to improve internet access and rebuild public works that have been neglected for decades is supposed to destroy the economy. Anyone want to place bets?

Gee, who could have guessed that Biden was full of BS when he claimed he would not raise taxes on people making less than $400k?

Here's to all those Biden voters who think they're sticking it to those greedy corporations while their wages go stagnant and they pay more for everything they buy. 🍾🥴
Where has Biden’s promise been contradictEd?

Calling this an “infrastructure plan” is an outright lie. Only about 30% goes to actually repairing/fixing bridges, roads and other thing sane people would consider “infrastructure. The rest pays off the various woksters that helped Biden “win”.
Not true, as usual.

Where has Biden’s promise been contradictEd?

Where is the infrastructure/jobs/tax bill? People can’t discuss the details of something that does not yet exist.

Or overestimated your arithmetic skills.
Nope, my numbers are fine. Typical Dem funding - billions for a collection of LW dreams and a few crumbs for actual infrastructure such roads, highways, bridges, ports and airports. Lots of new bureaucracy, too; like we need more unaccountable “experts” throwing money around.

Nope, my numbers are fine. Typical Dem funding - billions for a collection of LW dreams and a few crumbs for actual infrastructure such roads, highways, bridges, ports and airports. Lots of new bureaucracy, too; like we need more unaccountable “experts” throwing money around.
Replacing lead pipes isn’t infrastructure?
Building out high speed internet isn’t infrastructure?
Modernizing schools, airports, public transit, etc. isn’t infrastructure?

Replacing lead pipes isn’t infrastructure?
Building out high speed internet isn’t infrastructure?
Modernizing schools, airports, public transit, etc. isn’t infrastructure?
LOL, you guys are good at semantics. Try hard enough and you can spin anything into “infrastructure”. How much money is still waiting to be spend for school upgrades from the COVID bill. I mentioned airports as part of infrastructure. We’ve spent a monstrous amount of money already. Biden thinks he’s FDR facing the Great Depression rather than himself oversea a recovering economy.

LOL, you guys are good at semantics. Try hard enough and you can spin anything into “infrastructure”. How much money is still waiting to be spend for school upgrades from the COVID bill. I mentioned airports as part of infrastructure. We’ve spent a monstrous amount of money already. Biden thinks he’s FDR facing the Great Depression rather than himself oversea a recovering economy.
You mean from the Covid bill that was passed two weeks ago?

In all fairness he does have to sell the bill. How many times did Trump lie about legislature or everything for that matter? Still waiting on that cheaper, better health care bill.
Don't forget, he promised a bill for infrastructure that never materialized. All talk and no show.

Nope Biden thinks he Biden fixing shit that should have been done a long time ago.

He is not pulling us out of a depression (he and Obama already prevented that) now he is trying to catch us up with tbe rest of the world, particularly China...

Nope Biden thinks he Biden fixing shit that should have been done a long time ago.
You mean back in the Obama era? :ROFLMAO:
GDVicking said:
He is not pulling us out of a depression (he and Obama already prevented that) now he is trying to catch us up with tbe rest of the world, particularly China...
Bullshit. The economy turned only months after Obama took office. All Obama did was serve as an economic dragging boat anchor slowing down the recovery.

Back
Top Bottom