• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bette Midler calls on women to refuse sex to protest Texas abortion law

Except of course literally NONE of that is true. Conservatives fund charities.
Non-sequitur, funding of charity is not a measurement of support for women's rights.
Conservatives adopt children.
See above.
And again...its STILL lost on leftists that at least half of the opponents of abortion ARE women.
Conservative women regularly argue against women's rights.
Why is it so hard for you to understand that its a very real possibility that people just oppose the annual slaughter of 800,000 unborn children?
Zygotes are children!

Don't keep it to yourself. Aside from those dirty unborn babies, what other group do you want to kill in the hundreds of thousands?

So no group is targeted for their their political cultural or racial identity and no entity is doing it. I hope this helps you see how foolish your assertion is.

Otherwise, I did not realize that abortion is so popular. Thanks for pointing that out.

Except of course literally NONE of that is true. Conservatives fund charities. Conservatives adopt children. And again...its STILL lost on leftists that at least half of the opponents of abortion ARE women.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that its a very real possibility that people just oppose the annual slaughter of 800,000 unborn children?

That's a lot of abortions. It is very popular. The demand is clearly there.

If you want to stop it, making it illegal won't help. There are more effective policies you could support that could prevent unwanted pregnancies . But they don't involve subjugating women.

Its difficult to take seriously that an anti-abortion law from texas is a reflection of being pro-life. It fact, its laughable.

So no group is targeted for their their political cultural or racial identity and no entity is doing it. I hope this helps you see how foolish your assertion is.

Otherwise, I did not realize that abortion is so popular. Thanks for pointing that out.
Ah...you'll keep your desires to yourself, futilely clinging to your pedantic point.

No, I dismissed it because I was tired of watching you dance around with things already pointed out.
I’m pretty sure I nailed it. Correct me if I’m wrong. We’re not dealing with a real world example. You’re saying that if a mother finds out she’s pregnant and has to deliver a baby would anyone who supports this law be willing to pay the costs to raise a child for a mother who was unable to have an abortion. This is a hypothetical question because in the real world the mother would be receiving welfare, housing assistance, food stamps, etc until the baby was 18 and wouldn’t need someone to ”sign up for an anonymous list“ to make these payments. The mother would also have the option to give the child up for adoption and not have any of these costs.

For clarification, I’m non-religious, pro-choice, and disagree with the Texas law. However, abortion laws do not allow for at-will abortion until birth in most states. This means that there are a lot of mothers who either give up their children or are forced to burden the cost of raising a child. They can apply for child support if they know who the father is and they can also apply for welfare services to bridge the gaps.

If you dismiss someone’s position without explaining why there’s a good chance you’ve conceded the argument and are just unwilling to defend your position any longer.
You don't need to keep explaining what you do.

You continued to avoid the context and the point of the argument. It is what you do, consistently.

This is a hypothetical question because in the real world the mother would be receiving welfare, housing assistance, food stamps, etc until the baby was 18 and wouldn’t need someone to ”sign up for an anonymous list“ to make these payments.
As already pointed out, those supplements in no manner cover total costs, the amount of tax an individual pays in no manner cover the total costs.

Your argument is absurd.

As already pointed out, those supplements in no manner cover total costs, the amount of tax an individual pays in no manner cover the total costs.

Your argument is absurd.
You’re saying there aren’t single mothers who don’t work? In those instances the taxpayer is paying the total cost of their living expenses and childcare cost.

You’re saying there aren’t single mothers who don’t work? In those instances the taxpayer is paying the total cost of their living expenses and childcare cost.
Uh, even if they were receiving TOTAL compensation for rent and food (pro tip, they don't), you are not compensating for their labor of raising a child they did not want.

Nope. Just not allowing killing babies, which you seem to relish.

There are secular pro-life individuals out there. I'm not one to call all atheists immoral like you seem to be. However, you'd fit right in with any fascist group that wants to rationalize why it's OK to get rid of various "undesirables" from society.

As I’ve said, I know there are some secular people who also can’t leave women alone.

Dunno why…

I do, cause I’m not a creepy dude who has to control and worry about the reproductive functions of women.

All taxpayers would be. I think you’re confused.
no, you are totally confused, no one is totally compensated for raising a child NOW via supplements, let alone some future group forced to raise children they don't want.

no, you are totally confused, no one is totally compensated for raising a child NOW via supplements, let alone some future group forced to raise children they don't want.
Again, there are some single parents who do not work. They are totally compensated to raise their child. We don’t have an epidemic of single mothers raising their children on the streets. Our legal system is designed to keep children with their parents and there are funds in place to make sure it happens.

I am "pro-life" per se.

I stood responsible for all of my procreation and I am sure glad I did.

I would be lost in this world without my children or grandchildren.

It breaks my heart that a woman can be in a place where she needs to abort her very own baby. That's just sad.

But you won't see me protesting down at the abortion clinic.

The decision to abort is not an easy one, I'm sure. But what another person does, in this regard, is neither my business or my place to dictate what they have to do.

That is between their own conscience, their god, their significant other, (if applicable) and anyone else their predicament concerns. It is not for me to judge or dictate.

But I do know this. Legal or not, abortions will continue. That being a fact, I would prefer seeing them conducted in a sterile hospital environment instead of a back-alley, clandestine location, performed by unqualified medical people.

Another thing, worthy of derision, in my opinion, is the state dictating issues like this, (steeped in religious belief) to begin with. I would believe that the very people who support the state sticking their nose into this issue would be the first to protest the state for sticking their nose in people's personal business on just about any other issue. I find those people to be somewhat hypocritical. They're okay with big brother interfering with people's personal lives when it's convenient for them and THEIR beliefs. Anything the state sticks their nose in, that these people disagree on, tends to make these same people fly their "Don't tread on me" flag. But I have come to learn that hypocrisy and rightwing ideologies are synonymous these days.

Back
Top Bottom