• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bette Midler calls on women to refuse sex to protest Texas abortion law

NatMorton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From the article:

Actress Bette Midler called for women to refuse to have sex to protest Texas’s recently enacted abortion law and suggested that Congress should guarantee abortion rights for women.
“I suggest that all women refuse to have sex with men until they are guaranteed the right to choose by Congress,” Midler tweeted Thursday.

Source: https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...ls-on-women-to-refuse-sex-amid-texas-abortion

Um, wouldn’t that make “all women” political prostitues?

Yeah, I think this one might work better coming from Salma Hayek than Bette Middler.

Just sayin’ . . .
What if it comes from Aristophanes?
This tactic is as old as the hills and never falls out of favor.

Lysistrata (/laɪˈsɪstrətə/ or /ˌlɪsəˈstrɑːtə/; Attic Greek: Λυσιστράτη, Lysistrátē, "Army Disbander") is an ancient Greek comedy by Aristophanes, originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BC. It is a comic account of a woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War between Greek city states by denying all the men of the land any sex, which was the only thing they truly and deeply desired. Lysistrata persuades the women of the warring cities to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes.

Think hookers will join this movement or just make a mint?

From the article:

Actress Bette Midler called for women to refuse to have sex to protest Texas’s recently enacted abortion law and suggested that Congress should guarantee abortion rights for women.
“I suggest that all women refuse to have sex with men until they are guaranteed the right to choose by Congress,” Midler tweeted Thursday.

Source: https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...ls-on-women-to-refuse-sex-amid-texas-abortion

Better than being slaves.

George Carlin said it best.

"Women who protest the loudest against abortion are the ones you wouldnt **** in the first place."

Its always lost on the left that half of the people that oppose the slaughter of unborn babies are actually women.

George Carlin said it best.

"Women who protest the loudest against abortion are the ones you wouldnt **** in the first place."
George Carlin was telling jokes. This post is telling on you.
Its always lost on the left that half of the people that oppose the slaughter of unborn babies are actually women.

From the article:

Who cares what Bette Midler says, is she relevant at all anymore?

What do you think of the Texas law?

A fine example of the tone-deaf Hollywood bubble.

Quite a number of women are pro-life. Quite a number of pro-choice women are not stupid enough to blame their own husband for things happening in another state.

Reading over some of Texas' new laws, I have to wonder if they're deliberately discouraging Californians from moving to Texas, with gleeful malice aforethought. :)

A fine example of the tone-deaf Hollywood bubble.

Quite a number of women are pro-life. Quite a number of pro-choice women are not stupid enough to blame their own husband for things happening in another state.

Reading over some of Texas' new laws, I have to wonder if they're deliberately discouraging Californians from moving to Texas, with gleeful malice aforethought. :)
It would seem Bette is the type of women who would use sex to get what she wants.

From the article:

It would make them smarter than men. Call it what you wish but we all know a single hair from a vagina can pull an aircraft carrier.

What if it comes from Aristophanes?
This tactic is as old as the hills and never falls out of favor.

Lysistrata (/laɪˈsɪstrətə/ or /ˌlɪsəˈstrɑːtə/; Attic Greek: Λυσιστράτη, Lysistrátē, "Army Disbander") is an ancient Greek comedy by Aristophanes, originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BC. It is a comic account of a woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War between Greek city states by denying all the men of the land any sex, which was the only thing they truly and deeply desired. Lysistrata persuades the women of the warring cities to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes.

Think hookers will join this movement or just make a mint?
I forsee prices rising.

It's a further step in the denigration of our sociaty.

I predict a new middle ages brought to us from Trumpism and the world rise of similar draconian initiatives.

Sad to watch civilization collapse.
A law that basically sets up bounties for private citizens to enforce it as about as terrible of a law as you can get. You have to go all the way back to the Fugitive Slave Act to find anything quite like it.

And in related news, Bette Midler has also announced that any man not supporting the Equal Pay Act will be limited to one hand job a month.

I gave up trying to understand Texas years ago.
Foul. Two minutes for trying to dismiss what your party does by blaming it solely on texas. These are your folks passing these kinds of laws and more are lined up and ready to pass their own draconian restrictions.

Foul. Two minutes for trying to dismiss what your party does by blaming it solely on texas. These are your folks passing these kinds of laws and more are lined up and ready to pass their own draconian restrictions.
Not my party.

Back
Top Bottom