• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie 2024 rumors

Maybe you could elucidate for me how political power works. I have been voting and following politics for 52 years now, but always willing to learn from someone who knows (or imagines) more than I.

You're the one who called out my comment with nothing to support your claim. We can start with you adding some substance to your initial reply.

That's why you ended up with Joe Biden(of cognitive decline). The democrats were pretty sure Bernie could not win in November and he was perched to win the democrat nomination.
You should get better talking points.

You're the one who called out my comment with nothing to support your claim. We can start with you adding some substance to your initial reply.
In other words you have nothing, I didn't think so, but nice to have it confirmed.

You should get better talking points.
Not a talking point. Your response to the Bernie 2024 possible run suggests that you agree that Bernie could not win. I am just pointing out that the same applied in 2020. The DNC knew then he could not win in November and made sure he did not get the chance.

Not a talking point. Your response to the Bernie 2024 possible run suggests that you agree that Bernie could not win. I am just pointing out that the same applied in 2020. The DNC knew then he could not win in November and made sure he did not get the chance.
Your technique is way too obvious. Have a good day, though.

Just stating a fact.

U.S. Political Ideology Steady; Conservatives, Moderates Tie​

“The way Americans identify themselves ideologically was unchanged in 2021, continuing the close division that has persisted in recent years between those describing themselves as either conservative or moderate, while a smaller share identifies as liberal. On average last year, 37% of Americans described their political views as moderate, 36% as conservative and 25% as liberal.”

The U.S. Remained Center-Right, Ideologically, in 2019​

I understand.
From my pov, accepting mcconnell’s narrative we’re a center-right nation splits the Democratic Party.
We’ve got work to do to GOTV of ALL Democratic splinter groups.

Who is this "ultra-left community" that you are ranting about? Where are they cheering for La Pen? I'm sure the fringe nutjobs exist, but not in enough numbers to matter and they don't have anything to do with Bernie or the OP.
Enough numbers that it cost Bernie the primaries both times.

In other words you have nothing, I didn't think so, but nice to have it confirmed.

You can't support your claim, so you're playing the blame game.

I understand.
From my pov, accepting mcconnell’s narrative we’re a center-right nation splits the Democratic Party.

There's no need to even HAVE "Democratic splinter groups".
The more fringey elements need to be patient, Rome wasn't built in one day and things like free university and subsidized or socialized healthcare are not a simple matter of just clicking a few keystrokes. This stuff is HARD to do.
So if they'd stop having tantrums and work together, we could get a big enough majority that we wouldn't be hostage to the Manchin and Sinema element.

They SAT OUT the 2020 elections, and everyone knows they did.
And now we're watching Florida as they do THIS:

EgyStbyU8AAYX2R.jpg

You can't support your claim, so you're playing the blame game.
You claimed that I don't know how political power works, that implies that you do. I simply asked you to illuminate me with your special knowledge,
which you so far have refused to do. Time to crap or get off the pot, if you have some knowledge of how political power works, lay it on me, I'm not going to play games all night.

Enough numbers that it cost Bernie the primaries both times.

Do you have good evidence and reasoning to support your claim of "ultra-leftists" causing Bernie to lose primary elections?

I heard Bernie supporters blaming the DNC.

You claimed that I don't know how political power works, that implies that you do. I simply asked you to illuminate me with your special knowledge,
which you so far have refused to do. Time to crap or get off the pot, if you have some knowledge of how political power works, lay it on me, I'm not going to play games all night.

You made the first call-out claim. Get on it or admit that you have nothing to support it. I know how people here like trolling. I'm not wasting more time by posting a longer comment when you can't support your claim.

Bernie Sanders the best candidate to beat Trump, in new poll

https://www.usatoday.com › elections › 2020/02/24 › p...
Feb 23, 2020 — Two national Morning Consult polls show Sanders surging. In South Carolina, a state Biden needs to a win, a NBC News/Marist poll shows him ...

Bernie Sanders Can Beat Trump. Here's the Math. - The New ...

https://www.nytimes.com › 2020/02/28 › opinion › berni...
Feb 28, 2020 — Most available evidence points in the direction of a popular vote and Electoral College victory.

Can Bernie Sanders beat Donald Trump? Here's the reality.

https://www.cnn.com › 2020/02/25 › opinions › bernie-sa...
Feb 26, 2020 — John Avlon writes that while "Bernie Sanders is the Democratic front-runner after trailing Joe Biden in the polls for most of the campaign.

Bernie Sanders looks electable in surveys - Vox

https://www.vox.com › policy-and-politics › bernie-san...
Feb 25, 2020 — New research suggests Sanders would drive swing voters to Trump — and need a youth turnout miracle to compensate.

72% of Democratic Voters Believe Bernie Sanders Would ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Election 2020
Feb 19, 2020 — The results showing most Democratic voters believed Sanders would beat Trump in the general election were released three days before the ...
Considering the above I say the DNC is too conservative which is why they chose Biden.

Bernie, since his campaign in 2016 has been the obvious choice for a candidate. He has the correct policy platform to face the world as we know it today. And he has the credibility to show he’s not just paying lip service to transforming DC and our politics. Bernie is the real deal. Trump was never serious about changing things. He was a fraud. Trump’s politics were an odd melange of conflicting ideologies anyway. And he never meant what he said about fighting corruption. Bernie did and he would. If he runs again he’ll have my full support for the third time.

Would I vote for him over a self-aggrandizing pro-establishment empty suit like Buttigieg (and let's face it, virtually the rest of the field)? Absolutely, hands down. This man is the soul of the progressive wing and the person who singlehandedly brought it back from a grave that had been settled since Clinton and his corporatist third way ilk backed by big donors buried it deep in the 90s. Personally I'd be acutely interested in who his vice happened to be for obvious reasons.

However, I do think we need someone younger who is just as credible, integral and driven on progressive issues: Richard Ojeda, John Fetterman, AOC.

You made the first call-out claim. Get on it or admit that you have nothing to support it. I know how people here like trolling. I'm not wasting more time by posting a longer comment when you can't support your claim.
Yeah, I thought your posts were all full of hot air, you've just confirmed it for me. I have now learned in the future to not engage your posts, you are just a poseur.

There's no need to even HAVE "Democratic splinter groups".
The more fringey elements need to be patient, Rome wasn't built in one day and things like free university and subsidized or socialized healthcare are not a simple matter of just clicking a few keystrokes. This stuff is HARD to do.
So if they'd stop having tantrums and work together, we could get a big enough majority that we wouldn't be hostage to the Manchin and Sinema element.

They SAT OUT the 2020 elections, and everyone knows they did.
And now we're watching Florida as they do THIS:

EgyStbyU8AAYX2R.jpg
The center-right doesn’t believe trump’s lies and treason.
The far-right will win most GOP primaries.

The far left won’t vote this mid-term.
The center-left is ****ed for another decade.

Only ten percent of House seats are in play.
GOPs shored up at-risks seats.
They also gained new seats in several states.
DEMs are reaching in their much fewer opportunities.

Would I vote for him over a self-aggrandizing pro-establishment empty suit like Buttigieg (and let's face it, virtually the rest of the field)? Absolutely, hands down. This man is the soul of the progressive wing and the person who singlehandedly brought it back from a grave that had been settled since Clinton and his corporatist third way ilk backed by big donors buried it deep in the 90s. Personally I'd be acutely interested in who his vice happened to be for obvious reasons.

However, I do think we need someone younger who is just as credible, integral and driven on progressive issues: Richard Ojeda, John Fetterman, AOC.

That's another one, Richard Ojeda would have my vote too, and I like AOC, but I think she needs more marketing mojo.
If she ran, I'd vote for her in the primaries but I don't think she could win it. But if she did, I'm an AOC voter & happily so.
Thing is, all of the above are good people but AOC is looking to do rapid transformation, something America isn't good at.

That's another one, Richard Ojeda would have my vote too, and I like AOC, but I think she needs more marketing mojo.
If she ran, I'd vote for her in the primaries but I don't think she could win it. But if she did, I'm an AOC voter & happily so.
Thing is, all of the above are good people but AOC is looking to do rapid transformation, something America isn't good at.
America isn't good at it because so many of its politicos are paid not to be; institutionalized corruption ala lobbying and political finance is the single biggest reason we haven't meaningfully reformed healthcare despite such having overwhelming bipartisan support for decades.

I understand.
It isn’t McConnell saying so, and America’s political ideology didn’t prevent Biden from winning.

It isn’t McConnell saying so, and America’s political ideology didn’t prevent Biden from winning.
McConnell’s been spewing this the whole century!!
How many House seats are in play in your VA?

America isn't good at it because so many of its politicos are paid not to be; institutionalized corruption ala lobbying and political finance is the single biggest reason we haven't meaningfully reformed healthcare despite such having overwhelming bipartisan support for decades.
No dispute there.
But again, for whatever reason, we're not good at it and while you're adept at pointing out one of the root causes, nothing changes absent a solution.
Politics is the art of the possible.

Back
Top Bottom