• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie 2024 rumors

Obviously some of us will need to agree to disagree. The USA does not need another status quo democrat or any status quo democrats. The country needs Bernie style democrats over flowing in the house and senate.

Remember without the electoral college ALEC RINO's cannot win. The country does not need another ALEC RINO anywhere in government.

Gore won the popular vote. Hillary won the popular vote. Bernie can win the popular vote. The country needs to focus on the house and senate plus demand prosecution of voter suppression.

Last edited:

Bernie, since his campaign in 2016 has been the obvious choice for a candidate. He has the correct policy platform to face the world as we know it today. And he has the credibility to show he’s not just paying lip service to transforming DC and our politics. Bernie is the real deal. Trump was never serious about changing things. He was a fraud. Trump’s politics were an odd melange of conflicting ideologies anyway. And he never meant what he said about fighting corruption. Bernie did and he would. If he runs again he’ll have my full support for the third time.

Way too old. I will repeat: WAY TOO OLD. I say this as someone who enthusiastically voted for him in the past, and I still have the utmost respect for his principles and character. But no, I am sick and tired of being ruled by people who should have retired 15 years ago.

What Bernie should do is find a young candidate who he trusts. Then use his fame to push that candidate to the forefront of public perception. Campaign hard for the next generation of progressives, and give them good advice. And then he should retire comfortably.

Here's an example of why the alt-Left or ultra-Left makes me insane.
The ultra-Left community is boiling over with anger this morning in reaction to Macron's victory in France.
It is apparent that they wanted Le Pen, an actual white nationalist, that's who they were cheering for.
Her policies aren't populist or progressive.
They were cheering for the white nationalism because that's who they are.
Also, she would have crippled the EU's response to Putin's imperialism that they totally don't support but actually 100% do.

This is why I keep saying that the Venn Diagram between the alt-Left and Trumpers is actually a perfect circle!
PS: I can't even take credit for coming up with that either, Justin Rosario said it first.

Last edited:

Bernie Sanders the best candidate to beat Trump, in new poll

https://www.usatoday.com › elections › 2020/02/24 › p...
Feb 23, 2020 — Two national Morning Consult polls show Sanders surging. In South Carolina, a state Biden needs to a win, a NBC News/Marist poll shows him ...

Bernie Sanders Can Beat Trump. Here's the Math. - The New ...

https://www.nytimes.com › 2020/02/28 › opinion › berni...
Feb 28, 2020 — Most available evidence points in the direction of a popular vote and Electoral College victory.

Can Bernie Sanders beat Donald Trump? Here's the reality.

https://www.cnn.com › 2020/02/25 › opinions › bernie-sa...
Feb 26, 2020 — John Avlon writes that while "Bernie Sanders is the Democratic front-runner after trailing Joe Biden in the polls for most of the campaign.

Bernie Sanders looks electable in surveys - Vox

https://www.vox.com › policy-and-politics › bernie-san...
Feb 25, 2020 — New research suggests Sanders would drive swing voters to Trump — and need a youth turnout miracle to compensate.

72% of Democratic Voters Believe Bernie Sanders Would ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Election 2020
Feb 19, 2020 — The results showing most Democratic voters believed Sanders would beat Trump in the general election were released three days before the ...

I don’t understand how anyone can feel someone who has been part of the problem for 30 years will suddenly become a viable solution.

"The powers that be" are the voters of America, who have made it clear on two occasions that Bernie is further left than they want to go. The rest of your post is just nonsense.

You don't understand how power works. You believe that The People have more power than they do.

Here's an example of why the alt-Left or ultra-Left makes me insane.
The ultra-Left community is boiling over with anger this morning in reaction to Macron's victory in France.
It is apparent that they wanted Le Pen, an actual white nationalist, that's who they were cheering for.
Her policies aren't populist or progressive.
They were cheering for the white nationalism because that's who they are.
Also, she would have crippled the EU's response to Putin's imperialism that they totally don't support but actually 100% do.

This is why I keep saying that the Venn Diagram between the alt-Left and Trumpers is actually a perfect circle!
PS: I can't even take credit for coming up with that either, Justin Rosario said it first.
Who is this "ultra-left community" that you are ranting about? Where are they cheering for La Pen? I'm sure the fringe nutjobs exist, but not in enough numbers to matter and they don't have anything to do with Bernie or the OP.

Bernie, since his campaign in 2016 has been the obvious choice for a candidate. He has the correct policy platform to face the world as we know it today. And he has the credibility to show he’s not just paying lip service to transforming DC and our politics. Bernie is the real deal. Trump was never serious about changing things. He was a fraud. Trump’s politics were an odd melange of conflicting ideologies anyway. And he never meant what he said about fighting corruption. Bernie did and he would. If he runs again he’ll have my full support for the third time.

A Sanders nom would guarantee a Republican win. It’s that simple.

Sanders is even older than Joe Biden!

Your issue is with the Democratic base. Listen to them to see why they didn't vote for Sanders.
The ideology of the voting majority is center right. The far left are as deluded as the far right.

The ideology of the voting majority is center right. The far left are as deluded as the far right.
That thinking is why Democrats will lose the House in 28 weeks.

If Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema wouldn't pass Joe Biden's budgets, how do you think centrist Dems are gonna react to Bernie's? If the Dems nominate Sanders it would be political suicide: he'd out-McGovern George McGovern.

Bernie Sanders the best candidate to beat Trump, in new poll

https://www.usatoday.com › elections › 2020/02/24 › p...
Feb 23, 2020 — Two national Morning Consult polls show Sanders surging. In South Carolina, a state Biden needs to a win, a NBC News/Marist poll shows him ...

Bernie Sanders Can Beat Trump. Here's the Math. - The New ...

https://www.nytimes.com › 2020/02/28 › opinion › berni...
Feb 28, 2020 — Most available evidence points in the direction of a popular vote and Electoral College victory.

Can Bernie Sanders beat Donald Trump? Here's the reality.

https://www.cnn.com › 2020/02/25 › opinions › bernie-sa...
Feb 26, 2020 — John Avlon writes that while "Bernie Sanders is the Democratic front-runner after trailing Joe Biden in the polls for most of the campaign.

Bernie Sanders looks electable in surveys - Vox

https://www.vox.com › policy-and-politics › bernie-san...
Feb 25, 2020 — New research suggests Sanders would drive swing voters to Trump — and need a youth turnout miracle to compensate.

72% of Democratic Voters Believe Bernie Sanders Would ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Election 2020
Feb 19, 2020 — The results showing most Democratic voters believed Sanders would beat Trump in the general election were released three days before the ...
The Bern blew it in the 2020 race when he doubled down on his Pro-Castro comments. After that, he lost the Florida primary and he no longer had the odds on his side.

Post a lie, get called out for it. I have a question for you: Is it a known fact that Fidel Castro personally raped and tortured 10,000 young boys?
What are you going on about?

You don't understand how power works. You believe that The People have more power than they do.
Apparently you don't understand how voting works. See the American people go to the polls and fill in the little circle next to the name of the person they want to represent them. Twice they made it clear that Bernie wasn't that person. You can go on for days about the corporations and their bought and paid for politicians, but the voters decide who wins.

Pete Buttigieg would be a very good candidate and President
I think he would do a very good job the big problem would be I don't think the people of the USA are ready for a gay President
Have a nice day

Apparently you don't understand how voting works. See the American people go to the polls and fill in the little circle next to the name of the person they want to represent them. Twice they made it clear that Bernie wasn't that person. You can go on for days about the corporations and their bought and paid for politicians, but the voters decide who wins.

You seem to think I'm advocating for Bernie.

You don't seem to understand how political power works.

I like Sanders and have voted for him. However, the Democrats need someone who can win.
That's why you ended up with Joe Biden(of cognitive decline). The democrats were pretty sure Bernie could not win in November and he was perched to win the democrat nomination.

Maybe he has a grandson that would like to run instead?

You seem to think I'm advocating for Bernie.

You don't seem to understand how political power works.
Maybe you could elucidate for me how political power works. I have been voting and following politics for 52 years now, but always willing to learn from someone who knows (or imagines) more than I.

That thinking is why Democrats will lose the House in 28 weeks.
Just stating a fact.

U.S. Political Ideology Steady; Conservatives, Moderates Tie​

“The way Americans identify themselves ideologically was unchanged in 2021, continuing the close division that has persisted in recent years between those describing themselves as either conservative or moderate, while a smaller share identifies as liberal. On average last year, 37% of Americans described their political views as moderate, 36% as conservative and 25% as liberal.”

The U.S. Remained Center-Right, Ideologically, in 2019​

Back
Top Bottom