• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Being gay is a choice.[W:471]

Re: Being gay is a choice.

Social functions of homosexuality .. well, many people need bonding to be emotionally and therefore physically healthy.

That however is hardly unique to homosexuality.

I can't help to think that people that say being gay is a choice are secretly bisexual.

It's not that secret.

The only way to come to the conclusion that being gay is a choice...is to be bisexual.

I cannot find another guy sexually attractive. As far as I am concerned...it is NOT a choice.

If these others think it is a choice...they must have the choice available...which means they do get aroused sexually by people of the same sex.

The question is not whether gay is a choice or not......I'm fairly certain it is not.

The question is how the F#@& did a man end up in a woman's body and vice versa

So you want to know how a man gets inside a woman, eh? Well, you see, when a man and a woman love each other...

No, but why would it need to be?

It's a benefit that comes about from sex in general.

It's a benefit that comes about from sex in general.

Yes, and having friends, or spending time with family, or all manner of other aspects of life.

There are lots of ways to be emotionally fulfilled. Doesn't need to be unique. Doesn't even need to be fulfilling. Doesn't need to have a social function at all!

The guy who started this line of conversation did so with "Doesn't matter if it's a choice because it's useless and gross." I'm still back there, wondering why that's important.

Yes, and having friends, or spending time with family, or all manner of other aspects of life.

Ummm..that is like comparing a small hole in the ground to a cliff side. Sexual bonding and any bonding with friends and family are not even close to comparable.

Ummm..that is like comparing a small hole in the ground to a cliff side. Sexual bonding and any bonding with friends and family are not even close to comparable.

Here in South Georgia, they're practically identical! If one of them fancy rib-clones was good enough for Adam, than a sister-momma's good enough for an uncle-grandpa!

Science would currently suggest that it is a complex combination of both genetic and environmental factors. That means sexual orientation is more of a choice for some then others, which means being gay is a choice.

nobody holds a gun to your head to make you gay but if it is a choice that would be a forced choice.

It is a choice .

Okay, we get it. You are sexually attracted to both men and women...and you have chosen whatever you've chosen.

Let others who are sexually attracted to both men and women also choose.

And for those for whom it is not a choice...why not give them the space to be as they are?

It's not a choice. We know that for a fact.

Perhaps it IS for him, Governess. Apparently he is sexually attracted to both men and women...and has chosen whichever.

Hunting is socially useless and medically disgusting. In my personal opinion.

Does my opinion matter for anything?

Couldn't agree with you more about hunters. Hunters kill for fun. Especially the fat ones.

I can't help to think that people that say being gay is a choice are secretly bisexual.

as opposed to just telling gay people to their face that their orientation is useless, as you're fond of doing

as opposed to just telling gay people to their face that their orientation is useless, as you're fond of doing

Well, it is useless pretty much. :shrug: It is however pretty clear that nature doesn't care if what it is doing is useful or not.

It's not that secret.

The only way to come to the conclusion that being gay is a choice...is to be bisexual.

I cannot find another guy sexually attractive. As far as I am concerned...it is NOT a choice.

If these others think it is a choice...they must have the choice available...which means they do get aroused sexually by people of the same sex.

It's just something that crosses my mind when these topics come up. I can only guess that some of these people are trying to fight off their attraction to people of their own sex and/or that they are bisexual and have decided to only date and sleep with people of the opposite sex.

Last edited:

Science would currently suggest that it is a complex combination of both genetic and environmental factors. That means sexual orientation is more of a choice for some then others, which means being gay is a choice.

at what age did you decide you were going to be attracted to females...tell us how you made that choice

"Gays" have this dilemma: if it's a result of upbringing, then this would set off a panic that their numbers would grow beyond sustainability. If it from births, then the question is if it is inherited, which would make their sperm highly undesirable. To make matters worse, if the "gay" gene is ever discovered and we found a way to see if a "fetus" as so contaminated, then, as some abort to select the baby's gender, all mothers carrying "fetuses" with the gay gene would abort.

It's a mess.

Couldn't agree with you more about hunters. Hunters kill for fun. Especially the fat ones.

Great, so we both have a thing we think is "socially useless."

Why is this relevant to the discussion?

"Gays" have this dilemma: if it's a result of upbringing, then this would set off a panic that their numbers would grow beyond sustainability. If it from births, then the question is if it is inherited, which would make their sperm highly undesirable. To make matters worse, if the "gay" gene is ever discovered and we found a way to see if a "fetus" as so contaminated, then, as some abort to select the baby's gender, all mothers carrying "fetuses" with the gay gene would abort.

It's a mess.

It is ludicrous to think homosexuality would result in humanity being unsustainable. It's also ludicrous to suggest that all mothers would abort a gay child. You know quite a large portion of the population is against abortion, right?

Besides. We already know it's not purely genetic, and it's not purely "upbringing." And nobody is in a panic about population growth.

Except you, anyway.

at what age did you decide you were going to be attracted to females...tell us how you made that choice
For many...MOST...if not even the great majority...orientation and attraction is natural. Of course...you could say that about anyone attracted to anything...its all just natural. The decision to ACT on the attraction is absolutely a choice, and one many choose to NOT make, and very successfully. That does NOT mean they SHOULD or SHOULDNT make those choices. But it IS a choice to act on their attraction.

SOME however do absolutely 'choose' attraction. Its a common phenomenon in prisons-attraction of necessity. Its a common phenomenon with women that have been through abusive or destructive relationships that simply give up on relationships with men but not on the desire to be loved.

It's a mess.

Good grief.

Contaminated???

Really?

Aren't most homosexuals born of heterosexual parents?

Good grief.

Contaminated???

Really?

Aren't most homosexuals born of heterosexual parents?

...and so are the babies who are born blind while the parent have perfect vision. Or deaf. Or with leukemia. Or with brain tumor. Should I stop?

You don't like "contaminated"? Fine. How about afflicted? Or in possession of? Or impacted? I am running out of words that would please you.

Back
Top Bottom