• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ban on ‘Excessive’ Gas Prices Heading for House Vote

There.is.no.gouging.

If you think there is call the FTC and report them. The short answer is anyone with a brain realizes that while prices are rising it isn't due to gouging. Grow up.

Since I provided actual government data that directly contradicts your made up BS, looks like you just got caught lying again.

I will give you one great example of the Feds failing to manage energy well, the DOE with nuclear power. Anything else? Great, bye.
Yes, please feel free to misquote the data that you believe conforms to the reality that you want to believe in.

Yes, please feel free to misquote the data that you believe conforms to the reality that you want to believe in.

There is no misquoting, I just gave you the numbers which are directly contradictory to your made up, unsourced, random internet garbage exposing you caught in a lie... again.

There is no misquoting, I just gave you the numbers which are directly contradictory to your made up, unsourced, random internet garbage exposing you caught in a lie... again.
Yes, feel free to continue to believe whatever you want to believe.

PS - Had you checked the link you would have found that the data WAS "sourced". But, then again, why would you bother to do that?

Yes, feel free to continue to believe whatever you want to believe.

PS - Had you checked the link you would have found that the data WAS "sourced". But, then again, why would you bother to do that?

Lies, upon lies, upon lies.

I gave you FRB sourced data that crapped all over your made up data and you still cling to your fantasy.

Lies, upon lies, upon lies.

I gave you FRB sourced data that crapped all over your made up data and you still cling to your fantasy.
I have found that the general response of those who are losing an argument and have no easily seen way of recovering their position is to accuse the other parties of lying.

Have a good millennium.

You are totally ignoring my point. We agree that housing costs vary widely within any given state yet most MW laws are either at the state or federal level, thus do not vary accordingly.

When a small area (like a city) raises its MW it may seem to help local (city) residents, but in practice may hurt them. Having higher entry level wages available nearby widens the area of those competing for those jobs (which require little, if any, special skills). Instead of the neighborhood store a getting applications only from folks in that neighborhood, they will then get them from a 10 mile (or more) radius.

Having a large pool of entry level applicants makes it more cost effective to dump and (quickly) replace entry level folks rather than give them a pay raise (or fringe benefits) to encourage their retention.
You still did not read the link.

Besides, when people talk about "skills'... that is a very mixed bag with a variety of fictions tossed into the bag, and often that fiction is based on assumptions about a 'degree".
  • I have seen and continue to see many people with these degree... get into the workforce, and say... the real world, is nothing like what they were taught in school".
  • I deal with people who have degree's in a variety of fields, who actually work in the field of their degree. But I also deal with people who have degree, and work in fields totally unrelated to their degree.
  • And we have a vast segment of people with degrees working in "unrealted fields"...
  • I can take a person with no degree, and train some of them as quick as I can some of those who claim to have a degree.

Even China, figured out back in 2007, that test scores and degree labels, does not always translate into higher performance workers. they were smart enough to use OJT, (On The Job Training).
  • While we have become dumb enough to abandon OJT (On The Job Training)... because OJT is not profitable for the University System's Business/Profit Models.

We have people within society claiming to have a Master Degree, who can't formulate a decent "Inter-Office Memo". And we have lots of people in Management Position who don't know how to manage people, and many can't make information backed decisions, and we have people in Director's position who are too inept to know how to delegate responsibilities, and result to micromanage which results to diminish any possibility of people to learn how to make decisions.

It would cost a whole lot of money to house, feed, clothe, and transport them. And what happens if their "native land" refuses to accept them, would they simply be shoved out the door of the aircraft as it flew over it?

Wouldn't the "cost/effective" method be to just round up everyone who doesn't "look American" and shoot them on the spot?

PS - You do know that the Germans figured out that all of their "Liebensraum" problems would be solved once the Slavs and Jews (who were no longer German citizens) were "gotten rid of" don't you?
You are providing information to people, who don't deal with that level of understanding... they think in barbaric ideology, not an ideology that respect the humanity of people.

I have found that the general response of those...

With lies.

You are providing information to people, who don't deal with that level of understanding... they think in barbaric ideology, not an ideology that respect the humanity of people.

Actually, making up numbers to support your predetermined conclusions in the face of actual government sourced data isn't a particularly great position to try and defend.

Yep, with income which is (generally) lower than most US citizens and legal immigrants are willing to accept which helps their employer‘s profits quite a bit. We all win - right? ;)
I bet you think winning, when you go to the grocer and find Tomato's less than $2 a pound, and the many other products that is often made or harvested with both immigrant and undocumented labor as well as underpaid citizen labor.
  • We already know America has a long history of employers, trying to cling to their wealth making programming by underpaying labor. Whether its citizens or immigrants or undocument... labor...

You still did not read the link.

Besides, when people talk about "skills'... that is a very mixed bag with a variety of fictions tossed into the bag, and often that fiction is based on assumptions about a 'degree".
  • I have seen and continue to see many people with these degree... get into the workforce, and say... the real world, is nothing like what they were taught in school".
  • I deal with people who have degree's in a variety of fields, who actually work in the field of their degree. But I also deal with people who have degree, and work in fields totally unrelated to their degree.
  • And we have a vast segment of people with degrees working in "unrealted fields"...
  • I can take a person with no degree, and train some of them as quick as I can some of those who claim to have a degree.

Even China, figured out back in 2007, that test scores and degree labels, does not always translate into higher performance workers. they were smart enough to use OJT, (On The Job Training).
  • While we have become dumb enough to abandon OJT (On The Job Training)... because OJT is not profitable for the University System's Business/Profit Models.

We have people within society claiming to have a Master Degree, who can't formulate a decent "Inter-Office Memo". And we have lots of people in Management Position who don't know how to manage people, and many can't make information backed decisions, and we have people in Director's position who are too inept to know how to delegate responsibilities, and result to micromanage which results to diminish any possibility of people to learn how to make decisions.

Have you entirely lost your mind?

Here is your “link” from your post #329 to which I replied:

I bet you think winning, when you go to the grocer and find Tomato's less than $2 a pound, and the many other products that is often made or harvested with both immigrant and undocumented labor as well as underpaid citizen labor.
  • We already know America has a long history of employers, trying to cling to their wealth making programming by underpaying labor. Whether its citizens or immigrants or undocument... labor...

While agriculture employs a high percentage of illegal immigrants, the vast majority (about 95%) of illegal immigrants do not work in agriculture.

Although only 5% of unauthorized immigrant workers are employed in agriculture, that is more than double the share of U.S.-born workers (2%) who are. The 13% of unauthorized immigrant workers employed in the manufacturing industry compares with 10% of U.S.-born workers employed there.

While agriculture employs a high percentage of illegal immigrants, the vast majority (about 95%) of illegal immigrants do not work in agriculture.

(you are so eager to try to defeat something, you don't even read with comprehension of what's written)

did you purposefully miss this part of the comment:
  • and the many other products that is often made or harvested with both immigrant and undocumented labor as well as underpaid citizen labor.

(you are so eager to try to defeat something, you don't even read with comprehension of what's written)

did you purposefully miss this part of the comment:
  • and the many other products that is often made or harvested with both immigrant and undocumented labor as well as underpaid citizen labor.

OK, which was my first point: that employers using illegal labor helps to keep US wages low. You seem to be trying to be disagreeable while simultaneously agreeing with me.

OK, which was my first point: that employers using illegal labor helps to keep US wages low. You seem to be trying to be disagreeable while simultaneously agreeing with me.

Immigrant labor is not the reason Publicly Traded Companies pay low wages, and you know it!!!! Industry never got over the system of slavery wage labor and poor white labor, poor immigrant labor and any other kind of low wage workers they could find... America was built on the backs of that labor. If it was not for slave labor, America would have continued to struggle like every other country, that did not have slave labor, it would not have grow so prosperous ahead of other countries.
If America had a history of "Fair Pay for Labor" we would not have any "poor people in america". It's profitable for the wealthy to do all they can to maintain a segment of poor people.

Also, If it was not for American Regulatory Governance, we never would have produced the high quality products that we were known for in the 19th and 20th Century.

It's not only independent companies and independent business that use "immigrant labor", both legal and undocumented..... there are many that pay people "under the table" and have been doing it for Century plus Decades...

It's not much different than "using a "Handy Man" service, to avoid the Cost of General Contractors and Other Businesses for various types of works needed at home.
Not many people are paying, a rate that includes Social Security, Workers Comp, and State and Federal Taxes, when they use "Handy Man Services'.... and they don't care if the Handy man is a Citize, Immigrant, or Undocumented. They want the work do, for the best price they can get it done by someone who has a skill set that can do the work.

I doubt a lot of people take their cars back to the Dealership, for repair work onces it paid off, they go to various shops that can work on the car, because people know the dealership cost is more expensive for both labor and parts.

So, you are fighting a futile mental battle, that is not going to change America.

The only thing that will ever stop any "no taxed labor from being performed" is when we have a system of 100% tracable digital currency, that has to clear the IRS and SS Algorithms... before its consider "Legal Tender" to be used. That might happen in the 22nd Century... but it is not likely any time soon. People will find a way to circumvent that if they can.

If America was the Christian Nation it claims it wants to be... We would be as the Bible says:
Deuteronomy 24:14-15
  • “You shall not oppress a hired servant who is poor and needy, whether he is one of your brothers or one of the sojourners who are in your land within your towns. You shall give him his wages on the same day, before the sun sets (for he is poor and counts on it), lest he cry against you to the Lord, and you be guilty of sin.

Reality Fact Is: "We have many in society who wants to be "a selective christian" only when they see advantage and personal benefit to claim to be such", and we have within society, greed, bias, bigotry, haugitness, cheats, lying, stealing, swindlers, robber and every other things that can be done.

Last edited:
I know.

Now, does that make me "deplorable" for "dealing with them", or does that make them "deplorable" for needing to be "dealt with"?

Immigrant labor is not the reason Publicly Traded Companies pay low wages, and you know it!!!! Industry never got over the system of slavery wage labor and poor white labor, poor immigrant labor and any other kind of low wage workers they could find... America was built on the backs of that labor. If it was not for slave labor, America would have continued to struggle like every other country, that did not have slave labor, it would not have grow so prosperous ahead of other countries.
Actually, until the industrial infrastructures (during WWII) and workforce availability (during WWI) of America's major competitors were essentially demolished, American wasn't all that much more (if any) prosperous than they were.
If it was not for American Regulatory Governance, we never would have produced the high quality products that we were known for in the 19th and 20th Century.
If the US had had to compete with other industrial nations that WERE producing high quality products, then, most likely, it would have done so by producing high quality products.
It's not only independent companies and independent business that use "immigrant labor", both legal and undocumented..... there are many that pay people "under the table" and have been doing it for Century plus Decades...
"Bob" owns and runs a fairly large company with 50 employees. He pays those employees $10/hr in cash "under the table". The Employees work an average of 50 hours/wk for 52 weeks per year for a total wage cost of $1,300,000. "Bob" has to purchase $200,000 worth of supplies, which he buys for cash "under the table" and has $400,000/yr in other operating expenses. "Bob" takes home $100,000. "Bob" files his income tax return claiming an income of $100,000.

The IRS decides to audit "Bob". As "Bob" cannot produce receipts for the supplies, the IRS disallows the $200,000 "supplies purchased" as a business expense. As "Bob" cannot show that he has made the requisite withholding deductions, the IRS disallows the $1,300,000 "wages paid" as a business expense.

The IRS then tells "Bob" that his personal income has been reassessed at ($1,300,000 + $200,000 + $100,000) $1,600,000 and that he owes 1,499,999.65 in taxes (plus interest [plus penalties]) and that they are going to audit his returns for the previous five years next (and for the five years previous to the earliest date they discover a discrepancy [and for the five years previous to the earliest date in that additional period that they discover a discrepancy in that audit {and for the five years previous to the earliest date in that additional period that they discover a discrepancy in that audit <and for the five years previous to the earliest date in that additional period that they discover a discrepancy in that audit>}]).

"Bob" never actually pays any of the amount outstanding (other than what the government realizes from seizing and selling all of his assets) because he goes to jail for killing the person who gave him his "tax advice").
It's not much different than "using a "Handy Man" service, to avoid the Cost of General Contractors and Other Businesses for various types of works needed at home.
Not many people are paying, a rate that includes Social Security, Workers Comp, and State and Federal Taxes, when they use "Handy Man Services'.... and they don't care if the Handy man is a Citize, Immigrant, or Undocumented. They want the work do, for the best price they can get it done by someone who has a skill set that can do the work.

I doubt a lot of people take their cars back to the Dealership, for repair work onces it paid off, they go to various shops that can work on the car, because people know the dealership cost is more expensive for both labor and parts.

So, you are fighting a futile mental battle, that is not going to change America.

The only thing that will ever stop any "no taxed labor from being performed" is when we have a system of 100% tracable digital currency, that has to clear the IRS and SS Algorithms... before its consider "Legal Tender" to be used. That might happen in the 22nd Century... but it is not likely any time soon. People will find a way to circumvent that if they can.

Utilities are very different animals. They are generally regulated and require state/authority permission to adjust rates. That's simply not the case for oil because it is a global fungible commodity. It is apples and oranges to a local water or electricity utility.

Errr... do you? I don't think ya do!

Thanks for teaching remedial statistics! Mean vs. Median is too difficult for some it seems.
What are you talking about? All the services and utilities I mentioned sell a global fungible commodity. You don't think electricity and water are assets that can be sold and bought around the world? Canada and Mexico are on our grid and tankers can transport water. The gov heavily regulates these companies at a profit without too much gouging. Oil should've never been so loosely regulated.

All of this is due to poor decisions regarding the free market; allowing environmental "idealism" to guide/cloud economic policy.

That's led to the current Administration's push for policies preventing oil, coal, and other natural resource exploitation in the USA in the name of "saving the planet." Meanwhile letting "developing nations" like China, India, and many others have a "free pass" thanks to "SJW guilt."

We have some of the most complex environmental protection laws on the books as is, we don't need to be the world's savior on our own.

What we really need is to unlock our access to all the vast natural resources we have available to us, while at the very same time use our "brain power" to develop alternative sources of energy, food, and other goods production.

Idealism is all well and good, but it doesn't feed, clothe, house, or allow the movement of resources to supply needs and wants.

More libertarianism fantasies about the "horrors" of environmentalism. A look at the history of industrial pollution is recommended.

BULLSHIT!!!! Illegals, pay their rent just like everyone else who pays their rent. Some of them "share rental units" until they can earn enough to have an independent place they can pay for.

Stop pushing the Right Wing UNFOUNDED Spin...
Simple supply and demand

Less people = cheaper housing, rent and land

What are you talking about? All the services and utilities I mentioned sell a global fungible commodity. You don't think electricity and water are assets that can be sold and bought around the world? Canada and Mexico are on our grid and tankers can transport water. The gov heavily regulates these companies at a profit without too much gouging. Oil should've never been so loosely regulated.
Yes, and no.

I agree to a point, but remember that if you have your own gun, you are better off when the shooting starts. (Even if you can go borrow a gun from your brother.)

If we had a great infrastructure and the right to use our own energy, no one could shut off the supply. If we shut down our own sources of energy, and refuse to build pipelines and powerlines, we make the delivery much more wasteful.

If you have coal in West Virginia, isn't it cheaper than buying coal in China and having it delivered to our coal-burning plants in Wheeling?

And if push comes to shove, can't we cut off sales to other countries?

Sure water can be sold anywhere in the world, but the delivery costs are prohibitive.

If we had continued President Trump's energy policies we would now be paying a buck fifty for gasoline.

If we ever got to $5 a gallon of gasoline, our congress would pass a bill limiting the sale of oil to foreign countries.
(Making our gasoline supply grow quickly.)

Remember that possession is 9/10 of the law. (Well, only in cases like this where our survival is at stake.)

We could have water everywhere if we built dams to hold water during the times when it rains a lot. We could clean up the environment at the same time, by harnessing the cheap clean energy dams can produce.

The simple truth is we have allowed leftists to block every commonsense idea that we have come up with.

Worse yet, most of their ideas have proved to be counterproductive.

The fact is that if Americans were allowed to do great things, we could still do them.

Simple supply and demand

Less people = cheaper housing, rent and land
Yep, and that means massive drops in the values of assets, and that means major losses by financial institutions, and that means major drops in profits, and that means substantial decreases in dividends, and that means a whole lot less in campaign contributions, and that means IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

Yes, and no.

I agree to a point, but remember that if you have your own gun, you are better off when the shooting starts. (Even if you can go borrow a gun from your brother.)

If we had a great infrastructure and the right to use our own energy, no one could shut off the supply. If we shut down our own sources of energy, and refuse to build pipelines and powerlines, we make the delivery much more wasteful.

If you have coal in West Virginia, isn't it cheaper than buying coal in China and having it delivered to our coal-burning plants in Wheeling?
The US imports around 120,000 short tons of coal from China each year. The US produces around 650,000,000 short tons of coal per year. That means that around 0.018% of the coal that the US uses comes from China.
And if push comes to shove, can't we cut off sales to other countries?

Sure water can be sold anywhere in the world, but the delivery costs are prohibitive.

If we had continued President Trump's energy policies we would now be paying a buck fifty for gasoline.
Suuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeee you would. I mean the world price for oil has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the price of gasoline in the United States of America because evrewunknoz that the American oil companies would leap at the chance to make $0.10/gal in profit by selling Americans gasoline made from American oil rather than make $2.00/gal in profit by selling foreigners gasoline made from American oil.
If we ever got to $5 a gallon of gasoline, our congress would pass a bill limiting the sale of oil to foreign countries.
(Making our gasoline supply grow quickly.)
I wouldn't be so quick to discount the clout that "If you vote for that legislation, you aren't going to get a dime in campaign contributions from us AND all the money that would would otherwise have given to you is going to go to your opponents." has on legislators.
Remember that possession is 9/10 of the law. (Well, only in cases like this where our survival is at stake.)

We could have water everywhere if we built dams to hold water during the times when it rains a lot. We could clean up the environment at the same time, by harnessing the cheap clean energy dams can produce.
Yes, you could. Now, where are you going to put those dams and how quickly are you going to get them built, and who is going to pay for building them, and what are you going to do about the environmental impact of building them, and were are you going to find the distribution infrastructure that lets you get the water from Oregon over to New Mexico (as examples)?
The simple truth is we have allowed leftists to block every commonsense idea that we have come up with.

Worse yet, most of their ideas have proved to be counterproductive.
Unsubstantiated expressions of opinion need not be responded to.
The fact is that if Americans were allowed to do great things, we could still do them.
True. Just as long as doing them doesn't perturb the current financial oligarchy.

PS - Maybe the solution is to have another go at WWII so that all of America's economic competitors are financially ruined and have their industrial infrastructure leveled.

Most - though not all - Americans are such babies.
Gas goes up - FAR lower than in many countries?
In many parts of Canada, it's over $6.50 US a US gallon.
In London, England - it's over $8 a US gallon.
Yet most Americans?
The second it gets near $5 and they wet their diapers.
They cannot stop whining like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Gas is up?
So what?
It's called 'life'.
Suck it up and live with it.
Eventually, the price will come back down.
F'ing wimps.

But artificially forcing the price down through Congress will do NOTHING but make everything worse.
GUARANTEED.

When will the ignorant masses learn that EVERYTHING the government touches - they wreck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom