• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ban on ‘Excessive’ Gas Prices Heading for House Vote

Your towns aren't designed with walking in mind.
It's not surprising people use a car all the time when there are no sidewalks and the nearest shop is a half hour drive away.
I just got back from walking down the town and back to get some ham for some sandwhiches and the entire trip took less than 30 mins.
I'm not in a special town all UK towns are built with walking in mind as most were laid down befofe the invention of the car.
You also have had the luxury of roads since the days of the Romans. We are still working on that in Alaska. Your city of London has more roads than the entire State of Alaska, and Alaska is more than six times larger than the UK. My road is a dirt track (which has been covered under a meter of snow for the last three days) that stretches 0.7 miles to the nearest paved road. There are no sidewalks, which means that if I am not walking on the road after it has been plowed, then I'm walking through a meter of snow.

Fortunately, there is a grocery, hunting, and fishing store about 1.5 miles away from my home. Wasilla is the nearest town and it is 8 miles away. Anchorage is 50 miles away.

Last edited:
Ah price fixing, the fentanyl of economic policy.

When this fails, next comes price controls and pretty soon you will be waiting in line for 4 hours to buy gas at a "fair" price.

View attachment 67390501

We have a similar “price gouging” law in Mississippi. No matter. Local stations never have gas after a hurricane, and we end up having to travel to Alabama. We have the largest Chevron refinery in North America just down the road, but no gas. 🤣

So, let me see if I got this right?
You think companies charging massively excessive rates for electric and gas is fine and think trying to stop it from happening is wrong?

Well, that's certainly an opinion.
Not inherently, if we had a system where there was no competition and private interests were setting prices unconnected to market reality than maybe.

Instead though we have left wing politicians banning drilling, trying to shut down refineries (even going to the point of claiming oil refineries are racist, I’ve noticed a spate of articles about the refinery in Wilmington California where this grossly overweight woman is complaining the refinery is making her sick and obviously it’s because the racist standard oil company put that refinery in Wilmington 100 years ago known in a century they’d be hurting Mexicans or some nonsense)
Than you have bans on normal cars and Bans on oil based fuels coming up in a decade, which is purposefully done to force people to buy inferior battery cars and force oil companies out of business. You have the fake climate nonsense where we need to make the oil companies pay because people have to shoulder the unbearable burden of a more Mediterranean climate, all kinds of price pressures by the global left

Get a battery and don’t worry about gas
We we have to complain about why people like you won’t approve new power plants and transmission lines, the obese chicana in LA crusading against the refinery will clear brown people are suffering from magnetic vibration, and on top of that we will have inferior cars

Back
Top Bottom