• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Back into Lockdown We Go

Which is why I was asking for the science on spreading.

As I'm sure you can understand, these are variables that are inherently difficult to *track* with any accuracy.

Sometimes you just have to rely on a basic understanding of biology.

okay C, I'll bite .. what does that have to do with anything ? -shrug-
Our Canuck friend is complaining of his city's lot, when his local problems are nothing compared to some of ours. I'm providing perspective.

As I'm sure you can understand, these are variables that are inherently difficult to *track* with any accuracy.

Sometimes you just have to rely on a basic understanding of biology.
Your basic understanding of biology is telling you what?

Quit while your ahead or tempt bringing the wrath of the liberal hoard down upon your head. ;)
Thank goodness we don't have schoolage children. Otherwise I would be going frigging nutz with these administrators and politicians making decisions based on politics or rumor or voodoo rather than science.

Malls are open but now food courts will be closed.
Thanks. I was speaking specifically of that underground mall (RESO). Just wondering how safe that would be in the winter when everyone is using it to stay out of the cold.

Thank goodness we don't have schoolage children. Otherwise I would be going frigging nutz with these administrators and politicians making decisions based on politics or rumor or voodoo rather than science.

It's getting difficult to tell the difference between verifiable facts and politically biased info.

Thanks. I was speaking specifically of that underground mall (RESO). Just wondering how safe that would be in the winter when everyone is using it to stay out of the cold.
All RESO is a bunch of different interconnected malls so unless the malls are closed like they were earlier in the year the tunnels will probably be open. I think there will be a lot less people using them though with many people still working from home.

All RESO is a bunch of different interconnected malls so unless the malls are closed like they were earlier in the year the tunnels will probably be open. I think there will be a lot less people using them though with many people still working from home.
Thanks!

Looks like Montreal is going back into lockdown because people can't follow basic rules. Hopefully they actually enforce the restrictions.

Article here.

The amount of people I have seen breaking rules is just ridiculous. People don't seem to understand you have to actually wear a mask over your face for it to work and huddling together in large groups in the park is not social distancing just because it is outside.

Same thing happened in much of California.

My wife took a job interview with a company that not only didn't follow the rules but insisted she take her mask off.

Covidiots.

Science is so skewed with political bias nowadays, who knows?
Like living in a sci-fi novel...
Ike warned of science/government wedding during the same speech he warned of military/industrial complex.... people forget the science admonition.
ahh wellllll, this will pass in time.... we'll learn.

Really ? It has a 99 % survival rate !
shutdowns appear motivated only by politics.

i don't do right wing pretend reality. i do work in research, however. my advice is mask up or stay home.

Our Canuck friend is complaining of his city's lot, when his local problems are nothing compared to some of ours. I'm providing perspective.

ahhh great ! glad someone is dishing up some perspective...
hard to remember... somewhere, someone has it harder, tougher, than we have it.

i don't do right wing pretend reality. i do work in research, however. my advice is mask up or stay home.
While understanding your attitudes, I pull info from the CDC bureaucrats which does make it questionable. Too much politics seeps into their statements and makes nearly anything they pronounce questionable in my mind. It seems there are too many contradicting experts without info directly from researchers and the medicos in the field treating patients. -shrug-
great days to you and yours H.

While understanding your attitudes, I pull info from the CDC bureaucrats which does make it questionable. Too much politics seeps into their statements and makes nearly anything they pronounce questionable in my mind. It seems there are too many contradicting experts without info directly from researchers and the medicos in the field treating patients. -shrug-
great days to you and yours H.

and the same to you and your family.

i see no scientific evidence that backs up this assertion. save it for the right wing echo chambers.
Really? There's never been a vaccine successfully developed for any coronavirus, ever. You don't consider that scientific evidence? And for you to blame this on "right wing echo chambers" is beyond laughable, considering your own left wing partisan hackery.

No, you only do left-wing pretend reality. You really have no business doing research. Your judgement is obviously clouded by ideology.

Can you show us the science based evidence that mask mandates are in any way effective against the spread of respiratory viruses? Preferably, studies which don't rely heavily on Chinese propaganda.

No, you only do left-wing pretend reality. You really have no business doing research. Your judgement is obviously clouded by ideology.

Can you show us the science based evidence that mask mandates are in any way effective against the spread of respiratory viruses? Preferably, studies which don't rely heavily on Chinese propaganda.
University of Oxford count?

Really? There's never been a vaccine successfully developed for any coronavirus, ever. You don't consider that scientific evidence? And for you to blame this on "right wing echo chambers" is beyond laughable, considering your own left wing partisan hackery.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Refer to the post above.

Unless your a leftist rioter...right?

You're, and I have been more than clear about my stance concerning gathering in crowds during a pandemic. Feel free to research it.

You're, and I have been more than clear about my stance concerning gathering in crowds during a pandemic. Feel free to research it.
Why not just answer? If I wanted a one way search engine I could just use google and not get infracted.

okay C, I'll bite .. what does that have to do with anything ? -shrug-
COVID causes FAR more lifetime debilitating EXPENSIVE CHRONIC ailments and diseases than deaths. And as we know, wounded are FAR more deadly to an army than deaths.

Back
Top Bottom