• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Back into Lockdown We Go

It's starting to go back up to double digits per week in my GTA region, but nobody I know has it yet. My kid coughed a couple times over the weekend though so now she has to wait 2 weeks or until a negative test result before she can go back to school.

That actually applies to young children, teens on the other hand can be super spreaders. This is not going to end well, some of us are getting tired of saying I told you so.....
Again, there's science that says teens are "super spreaders?"

Again, there's science that says teens are "super spreaders?"
I would think that is more based on social behaviours than biological differences.

reopening the schools and bars before there's an effective vaccine approaches suicidally idiotic.
Like Dean Wormer said,"Being fat ,stupid and drunk is no way to go through life"

Looks like Montreal is going back into lockdown because people can't follow basic rules. Hopefully they actually enforce the restrictions.

Article here.

The amount of people I have seen breaking rules is just ridiculous. People don't seem to understand you have to actually wear a mask over your face for it to work and huddling together in large groups in the park is not social distancing just because it is outside.
COVID isn't done culling the herd everywhere yet.

But, isn't this Trudeau's fault?

Of course they do. And they have an extremely low infection rate. Even lower hospitalization rate. And a virtually non-existent death rate.

I got over COVID, so I must have a low death rate? Now, pull my finger... :giggle:

I got my mail-in ballot today and it's got a tear-off flap and useless glue-shut function. It's designed to fail. I see a big catastrophe coming.

yeah, my primary absentee ballot looked like it was rigged to encourage rejection, too. i expected it. rather than just voting for the candidate that you wanted, there was this complex multi-page code system. red states don't like it when people can vote easily.

yeah, my primary absentee ballot looked like it was rigged to encourage rejection, too. i expected it. rather than just voting for the candidate that you wanted, there was this complex multi-page code system. red states don't like it when people can vote easily.
And my state requires you to sign the envelope. Talk about encouraging fraud.

??? The extremely low infection rate, lower hospitalization rate, and a virtually non-existent death rate for children is well documented. Fewer than 100 have died

Yet, covid is spreading like wildfire among school children. Check your sources.

Yet, covid is spreading like wildfire among school children. Check your sources.

You should check yours, they were predictions of what might happen when schools reopen. There has been no spike in rates among kids since schools have reopened

You think you got problems? How would you like to one of the Americans living below the Mason-Dixon? With no national healthcare? Yeah ...

okay C, I'll bite .. what does that have to do with anything ? -shrug-

reopening the schools and bars before there's an effective vaccine approaches suicidally idiotic.
Really ? It has a 99 % survival rate !
shutdowns appear motivated only by politics.

Common sense is often more accurate than scientific guesses.
? Wait... science prevails unless it's something you don't want to hear ?
then common sense prevails ?
Politics .. that's all it is.

i have some serious skin in the school game, and i'm very pissed off about what those in power in my state are doing. i won't soon forget at the ballot box.

the biggest reason for the fear mongering is politics.... and it works with some.

? Wait... science prevails unless it's something you don't want to hear ?
then common sense prevails ?
Politics .. that's all it is.

Science is so skewed with political bias nowadays, who knows?

You should check yours, they were predictions of what might happen when schools reopen. There has been no spike in rates among kids since schools have reopened

According to who,,,,,,,, Fox News?

That's the point. Children rarely show any symptoms from having COVID. Almost none of them get seriously sick, and even fewer die.

That does not mean they are not communicable.
Which is why I was asking for the science on spreading.

Back
Top Bottom