• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least Seven Killed in Ohio Mass shooting

whatever the reason this was as premeditated a set of murders as you can possibly conceive of. four different kill zones, not all within walking distance, all members of the same family. I don't think even the most extremist gun banner can argue that someone who perpetrates a crime like this is going to be deterred by any gun law.

NO motive has been announced but this sort of systemic extermination of a family (though the infants were not killed) suggests organized crime and a desire to make an example out of people. When the Ohio AG shows up at a crime scene you know this is being seen as something really extra-brutal

There is often no organized crime involved with wiping out entire families. Esp, when meth or resentments or mental illness or other issues are involved.

There is often no organized crime involved with wiping out entire families. Esp, when meth or resentments or mental illness or other issues are involved.

This seems like a contract hit to me. I don't think mental illness when

1) children were spared

2) there was a good distance between one of the kill zones and the rest

right now I am just speculating based on what I have seen before. You might well be right
but this sure feels like a cleaner was involved.

1) children were spared

right now I am just speculating based on what I have seen before. You might well be right

Could be many many things. Just drug-induced resentment. Or meth lab-invested but that does not mean organized crime. Or feeling rejected or cheated by a family member, or....a million things.

Don't let them touch your junk. :mrgreen:

airport-security.png

drugs are so safe and victimless.
once again proven to be a myth.

Nobody with an ounce of knowledge says that drugs are safe. What a straw man.

What's disagreed upon is what to do about it. The harm reduction model, or the punitive model?

Oxy and meth addicts are just that, addicts. Throwing them in prison for felony possession doesn't change their medical condition.

Killings occurred in four residences, all victims shot in the head while sleeping. All were from the same family. Sounds more like a vendetta than drug related. If it was about meth, no one would be sleeping. :)

1) children were spared

That's about the best guess I've heard so far.

Someone in the family made a very dangerous enemy.

But, stuff like this -- killing so many -- makes me wonder if the person who made the enemy is still alive. Perhaps the one who ordered the hits wanted him/her alive to feel guilty for the deaths off all his/her loved ones.

The only other thing I can think is a crime of passion from a jilted lover. And yet, the little ones were spared. So, not a spur of the moment killing.

So the article is grayed out and cant be read without subscription. But here is what the subtitle said: Illegal pot dealers still undersell licensed marijuana merchants in Colorado, but their advantage may be fading.

Yes, the taxes on it here are onerous too but these are things that are still being adjusted and worked out. It's all stil new and bing worked out.

both articles state the same thing. the black market is thriving and getting stronger as cartels
move in to grow their own weed etc ...

they are selling it well below what the so called legal places can.

Killings occurred in four residences, all victims shot in the head while sleeping. All were from the same family. Sounds more like a vendetta than drug related. If it was about meth, no one would be sleeping. :)

I heard it was a disturbed individual with a history of violence responding to having been taunted with the "N" word the night before. Thanks NRA!

Nobody with an ounce of knowledge says that drugs are safe. What a straw man.

What's disagreed upon is what to do about it. The harm reduction model, or the punitive model?

Oxy and meth addicts are just that, addicts. Throwing them in prison for felony possession doesn't change their medical condition.

then you haven't been reading to many of the threads around here then.
claims of victimless crimes are huge. inaccurate but huge.

as stated you can't force them to get help if they don't want it. unless you lock them up in a drug rehab program
which to my knowledge the state can't do. even if you do and they get "clean" without a support network
relapses are huge. in a few days they will be back to where they are.

I heard it was a disturbed individual with a history of violence responding to having been taunted with the "N" word the night before. Thanks NRA!

I heard it was domestic related. I guess will know more in the coming days.

Whoever did this knew the family pretty well. They probably were not strangers or outsiders. The person or persons knew where everyone lived and, more importantly, slept.

both articles state the same thing. the black market is thriving and getting stronger as cartels
move in to grow their own weed etc ...

they are selling it well below what the so called legal places can.

No, they dont say they are thriving (except in the heading)...they are seeing a downturn. They say it's changing.

If they take the shooter(s) alive, I hope s/he/they get the death penalty. If Ohio doesn't have the d/p. I hope s/he/they are not taken alive.

Hopefully the FBI will find the Apple phone and not have to spend another cool million in taxpayer donations to retrieve messages.

then you haven't been reading to many of the threads around here then.
claims of victimless crimes are huge. inaccurate but huge.

as stated you can't force them to get help if they don't want it. unless you lock them up in a drug rehab program
which to my knowledge the state can't do. even if you do and they get "clean" without a support network
relapses are huge. in a few days they will be back to where they are.

Exactly. Success rates of forced treatments are low, versus voluntary. It's like that with any medical condition, especially mental health related.

So what good does it do to throw them in prison and give them a criminal record? Why punish addicts?

I heard it was a Muslim terrorist, avenging Mohammed.

Back
Top Bottom