• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

At least Seven Killed in Ohio Mass shooting

you haven't read much.

the black market in CA and CO are still going strong. they are making money hands over fist only now they have better distribution area's.
most gang violence is the result of drugs.

this will not end nor will it go away as if you legalize it they will look to expand their territory.

I live in a state with legalized pot and dont see any such stories in the media.

Can you please link to stories in Colorado?

So the article is grayed out and cant be read without subscription. But here is what the subtitle said: Illegal pot dealers still undersell licensed marijuana merchants in Colorado, but their advantage may be fading.

Yes, the taxes on it here are onerous too but these are things that are still being adjusted and worked out. It's all stil new and bing worked out.

Ignore the silly thumbnail:

Don't let them touch your junk. :mrgreen:

Now we are hearing that there a multiple crime scenes

Seven adults and one juvenile Dead.

Killed "execution style"

all members of the same family

(Pike County Sheriff giving a press conference now)

16 year old male was the juvenile

all four local stations in cincinnati are carrying the news conference live

identity of the shooter(s) is unclear. The Ohio AG is also attending (Mike DeWine). Three different homes were involved.

The crime scene is spread over 30 miles. There was a lock down of the local school.

The Sheriff states that he believes that since all the victims are from the same family, the family was targeted for this crime.

Killed "execution style"

identity of the shooter(s) is unclear. The Ohio AG is also attending (Mike DeWine). Three different homes were involved.

The crime scene is spread over 30 miles. There was a lock down of the local school.

The Sheriff states that he believes that since all the victims are from the same family, the family was targeted for this crime.

Organized crime outside of the Mafia. The Mafia doesn't kill family members. Probably a crime ring dealing in meth.

MIke DeWine is noting that none of the eight victims committed suicide based on the preliminary examination. The authorities have no idea how many shooters there are.

Two of the locations are within walking distance, (now they are saying FOUR locations) another a mile or two away-the last a bit farther). Appears that all 8 were shot in the head =most were in bed at the time they were killed. one of the victims was a mother, the four day old child with her was not killed. some other children were not killed (three juvenile survivors, including the newborn, a 6 month and a three year old)

The name of the family is RHODEN. The press conference just ended

Organized crime outside of the Mafia. The Mafia doesn't kill family members. Probably a crime ring dealing in meth.

well what we do know is that the family was clearly targeted and none of the dead (preliminarily) involved the shooter). Does look like a hit

Killed "execution style"

****ing astute as hell!
sheriff's name doesn't happen to be 'fife' does it?

well what we do know is that the family was clearly targeted and none of the dead (preliminarily) involved the shooter). Does look like a hit

Yup, probably meant to send a message too.

At this time, I have a pretty good idea of what went down, but it does leave me pondering a huge question...........

Why them, and not the Khardasians? :mrgreen:

****ing astute as hell!
sheriff's name doesn't happen to be 'fife' does it?

what is weird is that now they are saying its 4 different homes and they were not say side by side. the other DUH comment is that the shooter(s) is (are) PRESUMED ARMED AND DANGEROUS

If so, I would guess foreign. It is extremely rare for the leaders of US criminal groups to command the kind of unquestioning loyalty needed to carry out the systematic murder of an entire family. Cartel leaders, however, do command that kind of loyalty.

The family is ethnically anglo and that would seem to reduce the chances of members working for a Cartel faction, but I dont think the Cartel is completely ethnocentric either.

If so, I would guess foreign. It is extremely rare for the leaders of US criminal groups to command the kind of unquestioning loyalty needed to carry out the systematic murder of an entire family. Cartel leaders, however, do command that kind of loyalty.

The family is ethnically anglo and that would seem to reduce the chances of members working for a Cartel faction, but I dont think the Cartel is completely ethnocentric either.

In that part of the country, which borders on Appalachia, meth is huge, and meth makes people crazy enough to do something like that to an entire family. A lot of meth manufacturers and pushers are animals.

In that part of the country, which borders on Appalachia, meth is huge, and meth makes people crazy enough to do something like that to an entire family. A lot of meth manufacturers and pushers are animals.
Very true, and I guess the murderers coudl well be the gang leader, and say one accomplice. I never pictured Ohio as having an appalachian side- until I visited Athens and drove south towards West Virginia. Though the locals did not have twangs (river cut it off?), they were defintely appalachian.

I'm really surprised that Hillary Clinton hasn't used this shooting for another call for gun control. Amazing retraint

I am sure a waiting period or registration would stop what now appears to be contract killings or organized crime related.

another press conference right now-Sheriff really had nothing to add. Mike Dewine-Ohio AG is speaking now. pretty much nothing new.

If they take the shooter(s) alive, I hope s/he/they get the death penalty. If Ohio doesn't have the d/p. I hope s/he/they are not taken alive.

If they take the shooter(s) alive, I hope s/he/they get the death penalty. If Ohio doesn't have the d/p. I hope s/he/they are not taken alive.

Ohio has the death penalty. Its rarely imposed. Hamilton Country (Cincinnati) has the most DP cases. depending on the facts, this mass murder might have federal implications where there also is a death penalty. this is unusual because it happened in a part of the state which rarely sees violent crime. Most murders take place in the inner city areas of Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland. Not the Appalachian areas which tends to be a pretty tight community. There are Amish in this area as well. the county is mainly white and about evenly divided politically

Sometimes, this bull**** really does suck here in the US. About 7 yrs ago here, a woman and her boyfriend went to her parent's house on Christmas Eve and shot all 6 family members there...her parents, bro/sister in law, and 2 kids under 6. She was the instigator.

It took these 7 yrs and MILLIONS of dollars to get them to trial (they had separate trials) 2 yrs ago. Finally....no death penalty for either. Just recently decided, in the news this week.

I'm really surprised that Hillary Clinton hasn't used this shooting for another call for gun control. Amazing retraint

They have little info yet...she may be waiting for someone or something to actually point a finger at.

They have little info yet...she may be waiting for someone or something to actually point a finger at.

whatever the reason this was as premeditated a set of murders as you can possibly conceive of. four different kill zones, not all within walking distance, all members of the same family. I don't think even the most extremist gun banner can argue that someone who perpetrates a crime like this is going to be deterred by any gun law.

NO motive has been announced but this sort of systemic extermination of a family (though the infants were not killed) suggests organized crime and a desire to make an example out of people. When the Ohio AG shows up at a crime scene you know this is being seen as something really extra-brutal

Back
Top Bottom