• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ashli Babbitt's brother faces new criminal charges

I'll remember what you wrote when a police officer shots someone who is actually armed. I'm sure you and your friends will be the first to throw stones.

I have to ask if Babbitt had given any thought to not climbing over a barricade into a shelter-in-place when people were aiming guns at her and telling her not to cross the barricade?

It's just one of those general safety guidelines.

That all sounds like an interesting analysis except the part about which party the racists used to be in and which party they favor now. It used to be the Democratic Party. Now it's the Republican Party. Any dispute to that is folly.
There were racists in both Parties though. Have you seen the vote for and against the CRA? And not all of the Democratic Party were racist. In fact, more Northern Democrats voted for the CRA than Northern Republicans or Southern Democrats that voted against it.

All Southern Republicans voted against the CRA. More Northern Republicans voted against the CRA than Northern Democrats did. Racists were in both Parties.

There were racists in both Parties though. Have you seen the vote for and against the CRA? And not all of the Democratic Party were racist. In fact, more Northern Democrats voted for the CRA than Northern Republicans or Southern Democrats that voted against it.

All Southern Republicans voted against the CRA. More Northern Republicans voted against the CRA than Northern Democrats did. Racists were in both Parties.

That was then. This is now.

That was then. This is now.
Okay, but we were talking about then vs now. The reality is that while yes, many (a significant portion of voters) in the South that were Democrats switched to Republicans over about a 1-2 decade period after the CRA, not all did because not all were actually racist. There wasn't nearly the same kind of black or white situation there that we have now. There were in fact places where your vote may go to the least racist of 2 choices or the racist who you agreed the most with on other things or simply loathed the least.

It's your thread. So what is the point of the thread? If Babbitt wasn't murdered, you won't know who she was or even care if her brother was in trouble with the law. I don't know why you would even care now. National news? Your threads simply troll with no topic for discussion. So back to my question, what is the point of the thread? What is the debate/discussion on this important issue?
Babbit was killed by a cop because she was comitting a crime. You celebrate George Floyd getting murdered slowly, in public, but when another criminal is shot, all of the sudden, it's "murder"?

You guys are soooooooooooooooooooooooo transparently hypocritical with your posting.

Okay, but we were talking about then vs now. The reality is that while yes, many (a significant portion of voters) in the South that were Democrats switched to Republicans over about a 1-2 decade period after the CRA, not all did because not all were actually racist. There wasn't nearly the same kind of black or white situation there that we have now. There were in fact places where your vote may go to the least racist of 2 choices or the racist who you agreed the most with on other things or simply loathed the least.
Fair enough. No dispute there.

Babbit was killed by a cop because she was comitting a crime. You celebrate George Floyd getting murdered slowly, in public, but when another criminal is shot, all of the sudden, it's "murder"?

You guys are soooooooooooooooooooooooo transparently hypocritical with your posting.
LOL
I remember all the idiot liberals that demonized cops for shooting a criminal harmed with a taser or a knife. This cop shots an unarmed women and he is a hero.

If a person is actively breaking into a building (armed or unarmed) where people are taking shelter from a violent mob and is shot by a police officer in the process, I would side with the police officer.
Bullshit

LOL
I remember all the idiot liberals that demonized cops for shooting a criminal harmed with a taser or a knife. This cop shots an unarmed women and he is a hero.
Prove she was unarmed. All the other scumbags has rope, zip-ties, tazers, bear-spray. It's the scumbag trump worshipers who have lost their head and like you, you're not going to let a free and fair election keep you out of power, are ya? She was comitting treason. She got what she deserved.

Prove she was unarmed. All the other scumbags has rope, zip-ties, tazers, bear-spray. It's the scumbag trump worshipers who have lost their head and like you, you're not going to let a free and fair election keep you out of power, are ya? She was comitting treason. She got what she deserved.
You have a link showing Babbitt was armed?

Racism is cross-generational. Hatred is handed down from one generation to the next. We need far more than CRT in schools. We need to teach our next generation that hatred is wrong, and if their parents are hateful, that children should reject that.
I agree but of course that isn't CRT at all, why even bring it up?

Everyone should care about unchecked hatred. Hatred is not what America was founded on. Hatred is wrong. We need to try to stamp out hatred and make no place for hatred in America.

Hateful people need to have their brains examined. They should be in therapy.

Hatred is wrong.

In theory, yes, that's what it should be. But reality, this country is nothing but hatred throughout its entire history and continuing today. Plus, our constantly war mongering also sides with that hatred.

LOL
Really? Who are those idiot liberals?
Care to name names?

I know she got what she deserved. I hope her brother does too.
What your saying then, is Floyd got what he deserved as well as Blake and the two that attacked Rittenhouse.
Can't have it both ways.

What your saying then, is Floyd got what he deserved as well as Blake and the two that attacked Rittenhouse.
Can't have it both ways.
Nope that's absolutely not what I'm saying. I'm saying Republicans are ok with murdering black people in cold blood, just not white people, like babbitt.

Can't have it both ways.
Black kid gets shot in the back running away, right wingers say its the black kids fault for not listening to the cop. White woman gets shot breaking through a door after the cop told her to stop, right wingers say she was killed in cold blood. It is you trying to have it both ways.

Black kid gets shot in the back running away, right wingers say its the black kids fault for not listening to the cop. White woman gets shot breaking through a door after the cop told her to stop, right wingers say she was killed in cold blood. It is you trying to have it both ways.
Which black kid are we talking about? The one with a gun in Chicago? The one with the taser? The one reaching for a knife?
Which cop was a hero for shooting a black kid running away?
If the cop was white and the one shot was a conservative black voter, I'm sure you would have the same view. Right

Nope that's absolutely not what I'm saying. I'm saying Republicans are ok with murdering black people in cold blood, just not white people, like babbitt.
LOL What do you think democrats are doing when they defund police or don't prosecute repeat offenders? They have blood on their hand for every person, mostly black who is killed because there are not enough police or they are victims of repeat offenders. The democrats are the ones murdering black people with their policies.

I suppose that if the person talking doesn't think Blacks are human beings, there is no contradiction.

I agree but of course that isn't CRT at all, why even bring it up?
Because it needs to be talked about. There is far too much misunderstanding about it, and it is hurting our politics. People are voting on the basis of misinformation. That's dysfunctional and it favors the rich.

Which black kid are we talking about? The one with a gun in Chicago? The one with the taser? The one reaching for a knife?
Which cop was a hero for shooting a black kid running away?
If the cop was white and the one shot was a conservative black voter, I'm sure you would have the same view. Right
Awe are you mad your BS is getting called out?

I suppose that if the person talking doesn't think Blacks are human beings, there is no contradiction.
I don't know why they try to hide it anymore.

Because it needs to be talked about. There is far too much misunderstanding about it, and it is hurting our politics. People are voting on the basis of misinformation. That's dysfunctional and it favors the rich.
As soon as you define CRT is a way that isn't easily misconstrued then we can discuss it.

What happens as of late is that the definition doesn't fit the teachings, so there is likely a whole lot of misunderstanding going on. Most from the side pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom