• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

As a military veteran, let me say this about conservatives

How could your platoon be Obama supporters and support gay marriage, in the past tense as you wrote it, when you say you are from the Korea war?

Obama hadn't been born yet.

Listen up, little child, special penguin, I'll say this once, so you listen good. After the Korean, war, we kept military bases in Korea. We still have them to this day. Understand, my little infant?

Listen up, little child, special penguin, I'll say this once, so you listen good. After the Korean, war, we kept military bases in Korea. We still have them to this day. Understand, my little infant?

That is funny as well. You trying to talk down to me when you don't know the difference between the past and present.
Please explain how your platoon voted for Obama when he hadn't been born yet.

Did you even serve for one second? If not, shut up.

My service or non service doesn't matter here. You are making claims which makes your former O-3 (Captain) subject to alot of issues with the UMCJ. His position as Captain puts him in a position of wielding influence over a NCO and lower careers. In fact even yourself are in violation of this. If a poll was conducted and you say you know the results of that poll that means it was Company wide knowledge how people polled.. under the rules.. You can't conduct a political opinion survey under the auspices of a partisan political club or group or distribute partisan political literature. This IS exactly what you are doing here. And here is the big one.. Any activity that may be reasonably viewed as directly or indirectly associating the Department of Defense or the Department of Homeland Security (in the case of the Coast Guard) or any component of these Departments with a partisan political activity or is otherwise contrary to the spirit and intention of this Directive shall be avoided.

So pucker up.. buttercup. Peddle this on another website (military in nature) and they'll report you.

That is funny as well. You trying to talk down to me when you don't know the difference between the past and present.
Please explain how your platoon voted for Obama when he hadn't been born yet.

I was deployed to Korea from 2009 to 2013, you retard.

My service or non service doesn't matter here. You are making claims which makes your former O-3 (Captain) subject to alot of issues with the UMCJ. His position as Captain puts him in a position of wielding influence over a NCO and lower careers. In fact even yourself are in violation of this. If a poll was conducted and you say you know the results of that poll that means it was Company wide knowledge how people polled.. under the rules.. You can't conduct a political opinion survey under the auspices of a partisan political club or group or distribute partisan political literature. This IS exactly what you are doing here. And here is the big one.. Any activity that may be reasonably viewed as directly or indirectly associating the Department of Defense or the Department of Homeland Security (in the case of the Coast Guard) or any component of these Departments with a partisan political activity or is otherwise contrary to the spirit and intention of this Directive shall be avoided.

So pucker up.. buttercup. Peddle this on another website (military in nature) and they'll report you.

Report me for what? Being a true patriot?

Dang you're condescending which is funny because you're wrong on this topic. Most former and current military members I've met are conservative. Definitely not all of them but I'd say a strong 60/40 split.
This is from the military times annual poll:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429495159.309715.jpg

Dang you're condescending which is funny because you're wrong on this topic. Most former and current military members I've met are conservative. Definitely not all of them but I'd say a strong 60/40 split.
This is from the military times annual poll:

View attachment 67183388

Did you serve a single day in the military? If not, STFU, and stop talking about the military as if you know anything

Anyone who fights in the military is a patriot. Democrat or republican or libertarian or communist. Don't try to act special and call yourself a "true" patriot while you claim other aren't.

I was deployed to Korea from 2009 to 2013, you retard.

That isn't a deployment. It is a PCS. You were stationed in South Korea. You didn't deploy to a war zone, unless you just elected to omit any duty in Iraq or Afghanistan or such. And there is nothing wrong with that. But it sort of undercuts the whole "hero" vibe you are going for.

Did you serve a single day in the military? If not, STFU, and stop talking about the military as if you know anything

No I didn't but that doesn't mean that I can't respond? I thought soldiers fought for my right of free speech? Also, can you please refute my source showing you to be factually inaccurate. Thanks.

That isn't a deployment. It is a PCS. You were stationed in South Korea. You didn't deploy to a war zone, unless you just elected to omit any duty in Iraq or Afghanistan or such. And there is nothing wrong with that. But it sort of undercuts the whole "hero" vibe you are going for.

So what? Most heroes who died or lost limbs in Afghanistan are staunch Democrat voters, and give President Obama much higher approval than the public at large, so STFU

I'm now 99% the OP is a troll after reading his other thread. Please prove me wrong by posting real evidence because I'd be interested in learning more about how liberal the whole military is. Not just some pictures from Google.

No, you used your "active duty" status to display a political affiliation to soldiers in your unit. That's a no no. Uncle Sam can bring you back to service to article you of it..take your honorable discharge and make it general or even BCD if convicted. But hey.. tempt fate.

The military always respects the C-in-C. That has nothing to do with political support.

The military respects the C-in-C a lot more than Rush Limbaugh or Megyn Kelly. Or even more so than many so called "moderates." That's all I'm saying

Back
Top Bottom