• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

As a military veteran, let me say this about conservatives

Dear conservatives: you claim to love our soldiers, support the military, etc. Guess what? The military DOES not love you back.

Fortunately, I'm not looking for love from anyone outside of my family. Are you?

How many gop chickenhawks actually put on a uniform or picked up a rifle? Basically zero. Meanwhile, Democrats who are working hard for peace are proud of their military service. I'm talking about Tammy Duckworth, John Kerry, and Chuck Hagel.

I don't know how many GOP members of congress served in the military. I also don't know what a chickenhawk is. Sorry. I don't even know what that has to do with anything.

We don't very much appreciate your desire to send us to fight and die in random wars all around the world, while you just sit back and enjoy not being in ACU's and boots while carrying half your weight in your rucksack.

I'm not sure the Congress has waged any war on anybody for quite a while. It has been done by the administration which operates the military. About whom specifically are you angry and for what reason?

We support a deal with Iran. We DO NOT want to risk our lives to satisfy the islamophobia of Marco Rubio or Rand Paul.

Then why did you volunteer for the military? Going to war is part of the deal. The purpose of going to war would have nothing to do with satisfying anybody's islamophobia. In my experience it is all about killing the enemy and breaking his stuff.

And if we fail to get a nuclear deal, guess what? Iran gets the bomb? Why do conservatives hate their country so much that they want our enemies to get the bomb?

Iran will get its bomb no matter what we do or do not do. They have spent decades and billions developing it. They aren't going to give it up because some foreigner who they view as an enemy make a deal. Even going to war with them wouldn't stop them from having their bomb and we aren't going to go to war with them. Calm down. Think things through. Give some thought to a career outside of the military. I don't think it is the best choice for you.

Feel free to speak for yourself but don't you dare pretend to speak for me!

Nor my now deceased WWII veteran great grandfather (who was also not very fond of Obama to say the LEAST :lol:)

There are too many errors in logic in your post. A lot of people have served in the military and there is a lot of diversity of opinion there. The military is not one unified cohesive group. So, saying the "military doesn't love you back" is silly.
Many conservatives have served in the military. There is no guarantee that Iran will not get the bomb with this agreement. Hopefully Americans will want to risk their lives to stop Islamofascism if they believe that there is a significant threat. Islamophobia is a fear of Islamic terrorist and sometimes fear is justified. Naziphobia was justified.

Dear conservatives: you claim to love our soldiers, support the military, etc. Guess what? The military DOES not love you back.

How many gop chickenhawks actually put on a uniform or picked up a rifle? Basically zero. Meanwhile, Democrats who are working hard for peace are proud of their military service. I'm talking about Tammy Duckworth, John Kerry, and Chuck Hagel.

We don't very much appreciate your desire to send us to fight and die in random wars all around the world, while you just sit back and enjoy not being in ACU's and boots while carrying half your weight in your rucksack.

We support a deal with Iran. We DO NOT want to risk our lives to satisfy the islamophobia of Marco Rubio or Rand Paul.

And if we fail to get a nuclear deal, guess what? Iran gets the bomb? Why do conservatives hate their country so much that they want our enemies to get the bomb?

me.....

my father

his father

all of us fairly conservative.....not on everything, but on numerous things

when you are in the military, you follow orders....period

they tell you where to go, and what to do......

it is a volunteer force.....no one told you that you had to join

hopefully you get the same things out of it i did.....

i grew up.....got my education......saw a LOT of the world, including a few places where i didnt want to be (but that comes with the job)

and a deal with Iran leading them to eventually have the bomb is the most dangerous thing we can do today

Iran wants it....then others in the middle east will want it....and suddenly the most war torn region of the earth has multiple players who all have nuclear capability

does that sound like a "good" plan?

Iran is getting the bomb.....it is a matter of time, unless someone stops them

the question then becomes.....do we allow them to get it?

that sir....is the question of the year......

I am an honorably discharged veteran who spent time in Korea, helping make sure South Korea could survive an attack from the North if sheet hit the fan.

And I know that most of the squad and platoon I was in were staunch liberals. All of them, from our newest E-2 to our PSG and LT, hated neocon chickenhawks with a burning passion

Korea, the unconstitutional, unnecessary, undeclared "Harry Truman war." He was so "conservative" he was the first President to promote unconstitutional Single Payer health insurance as a Democrat scam to bribe the vote.

Democrats are not "liberals," they're leftist BIG government authoritarians. Libertarians are the only true classical "limited government" liberals.

I am an honorably discharged veteran who spent time in Korea, helping make sure South Korea could survive an attack from the North if sheet hit the fan.

Me too.

Though I served my tour (1990 - 94) in Germany.

And I know that most of the squad and platoon I was in were staunch liberals. All of them, from our newest E-2 to our PSG and LT, hated neocon chickenhawks with a burning passion

I'm Facebook friends with 46 of the guys I served with.

With the exception of one guy I am easily the most "liberal" of the bunch (and I'm more a Gary Johnson libertarian than anything approaching a liberal).

My Facebook feed from these guys in a non-stop string of neo- and lunatic fringe conservative bull****.

Of the guys I served with who stayed in til retirement (about a dozen or so) most are retiring now as SFCs, 1SGs, LTCs, and CWOs.

Those guys, the ones who have been fighting these wars, are the most conservative, and the most supportive of our interventionist role abroad, of the bunch.

I won't discount your experience, because it is yours, after all.

But it is starkly different from my experience. In fact I don't think it could be more different.

Most of us enlisted in the Infantry in 1990 to go fight Saddam Hussein and those of us who stayed in have been taking advantage of the opportunity to fight in Iraq and elsewhere that those of us who ETS's missed out on.

Back
Top Bottom