• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Artist of golden Trump sculpture strikes back at liberal critics: 'This is not an idol'

Oh you want photos of the rest of my civil war library? Donald is cited often for his excellent book on Abe and his role in the Civil war.

I know. I've read it. What that book doesn't do is touch on things like the Confederate invasion of Kentucky or Missouri, that occurred prior to the Union invasion of Virginia. It doesn't touch on the impending invasion of California that the Confederacy was preparing when Manassas happened.

Was Lincoln wrong to invade the capital state of a nation that not only had attacked a US military base, but that also was in the process of invading the US in two different theatres (soon to be a third)? You say he was.

That is a very interesting quote of somebody.

No citation or actual proof that Reagan was a racist.
History has documented much... research is the only way you will find out what is truth.

What word is banned that you complain about?
Lursa, why do you see a human as a calf in the old testament of the Jews?

Why don't you teach us all about the New Testament of the Jews? Because your wording implies that there is another "testament" of the Jewish faith that is called either New "Testament of the Jews" or the Even Older "Testament of the Jews". The only other reasoning for that wording is of course if one is just another idiot stormfront moron and they want to emphasize that the Old Testament is "of the Jews" as if that person was scared that other people didn't know what religion wrote the Old Testament. Heaven's to Betsy's though, that couldn't possibly be you.

BTW... I bet you are all about the Leviticus portion of that Jew book of the Old arncha?

Last edited:
He can bristle all he wants but someone who has the history and education in Christianity that he has should have recognized the obvious comparison. I don’t have an artistic bone in my body but if I did and I was making something like that specifically for people to interact with, I’d worry that I was effectively constructing an idol even if that wasn’t my intent.
I see your point but don't agree. The statue is soooo cartoonish. Flip flops? A fairy want with a star? American flag boxers? Really?!!! Who would worship that? The C PACers embracing the thing says something about them.

I know. I've read it. What that book doesn't do is touch on things like the Confederate invasion of Kentucky or Missouri, that occurred prior to the Union invasion of Virginia. It doesn't touch on the impending invasion of California that the Confederacy was preparing when Manassas happened.

Was Lincoln wrong to invade the capital state of a nation that not only had attacked a US military base, but that also was in the process of invading the US in two different theatres (soon to be a third)? You say he was.

So, Confederate leaders ordered an attack. Just before sunrise on April 12, 1861, a shell exploded above Fort Sumter. It was the first shot fired in the American Civil War. Major Robert Anderson led the small force of U.S. soldiers at Fort Sumter.Sep 11, 2014

First Shots of the Civil War Fired at Fort Sumter - VOA Learning English

Why don't you teach us all about the New Testament of the Jews? That is what your wording implies. Unless of course you are an idiot stormfront moron and want to emphasize that the Old Testament is "of the Jews". Heaven's to Betsy's though, that couldn't possibly be you.
I am not following what your argument is. So the banned word is Jew. I shall not say jew due to the Democrats ban on that word.

For note, the Confederacy invaded Missouri a full month before Manassas:
So, Confederate leaders ordered an attack. Just before sunrise on April 12, 1861, a shell exploded above Fort Sumter. It was the first shot fired in the American Civil War. Major Robert Anderson led the small force of U.S. soldiers at Fort Sumter.Sep 11, 2014
First Shots of the Civil War Fired at Fort Sumter - VOA Learning English

Again, what does this have to do with my post? Was Lincoln wrong to invade the capitol state of a nation that had attacked a US military base and invaded two states (while preparing an invasion of a third)?

I am not following what your argument is. So the banned word is Jew. I shall not say jew due to the Democrats ban on that word.

Oh... you feeling "cancelled" now? I'm not banning any word. I'm enjoying your out yourself time and again.

I made edits up there so I'll just post it again here for you.

Why don't you teach us all about the New Testament of the Jews? Because your wording implies that there is another "testament" of the Jewish faith that is called either New "Testament of the Jews" or the Even Older "Testament of the Jews". The only other reasoning for that wording is of course if one is just another idiot stormfront moron and they want to emphasize that the Old Testament is "of the Jews" as if that person was scared that other people didn't know what religion wrote the Old Testament. Heaven's to Betsy's though, that couldn't possibly be you.​
BTW... I bet you are all about the Leviticus portion of that Jew book of the Old arncha?​

Yes, it is an idiol. He cannot redefine the word because of his opinions. That is not a work of art. The fact that it is in gold and copper is proof that it is an idol.
What nonsense. A graven image referenced in the Bible can be anything including animals and people that is carved out of wood, stone, bronze etc for the purpose of worshipping that image. The term graven image first occurred in the Scripture in the account of when Moses went up on Mt. Sinai and while he was gone, the people made the golden calf as an image to worship. You would not think Israelites would do such a thing but they had been in captivity as slaves for decades in Egypt where animal worship was obsessively common. There is an old saying if you are around wet paint long enough you are bound to get some on you. And for a student of the Scriptures, there are life lessons to be gleaned the wise take heed.

It is not a sin to create a statue of an image of a man, woman out of admiration of the artist or the people . We have statues of our Founders, presidents, doctors, scientists, soldiers, missionaries, people related to religion in honor of their devoted service and leadership. We have 4 faces of 4 previous presidents carved on a mountain that served this country well. Is anyone worshipping that mountain and their carved images? No.

I wonder if there are any Statues to Obama? Wonder if one is around of Biden?
So there might be statues of Obama and Biden? That's the most pathetic whataboutism I've ever heard. I mean, whataboutism is pathetic in the first place but you have degraded it to the bottom of the out house level. How do you breath under all that shit?

No and if you want to know why, that is a crime that the Feds would have happily used but refuse to use. I trust them to know the law.
So proponents of BLM riot and you can't support them because of it. But, Republicans throw a riot at the Capital and you still support Republicans like it never happened. This is not the first time I've noticed you making hypocritical statements.

Last edited:
So proponents of BLM riot and you can't support them because of it. But, Republicans throw a riot at the Capital and you still support Republicans like it never happened. That's very hypocritical of you. It's not the first time I've noticed you being a hypocrite.

Where was the raging fire set at the Capitol?

You cancelled it because it was banned and you are a good person who refuses to break laws made by Republicans.
If the governor of Hawaii had been a Republican it would have been okay if your daughter's wedding was cancelled? It's just because the law was made by a Democrat that you're obligated to whine about it. Thanks for clearing that up.

If the governor of Hawaii had been a Republican it would have been okay if your daughter's wedding was cancelled? It's just because the law was made by a Democrat that you're obligated to whine about it. Thanks for clearing that up.
If Kristi Noem was the Governor of Hawaii, my family could have used the already arranged quarters and transport and she would have delivered her daughter as a married woman.

Five people lost their lives. Now your trying to justify your hypocritical statements? That's pathetic.
I presume then the cop that killed Ashley Babbitt will now be prosecuted? Would you like to see him prosecuted?

What nonsense. A graven image referenced in the Bible can be anything including animals and people that is carved out of wood, stone, bronze etc for the purpose of worshipping that image. The term graven image first occurred in the Scripture in the account of when Moses went up on Mt. Sinai and while he was gone, the people made the golden calf as an image to worship. You would not think Israelites would do such a thing but they had been in captivity as slaves for decades in Egypt where animal worship was obsessively common. There is an old saying if you are around wet paint long enough you are bound to get some on you. And for a student of the Scriptures, there are life lessons to be gleaned the wise take heed.

It is not a sin to create a statue of an image of a man, woman out of admiration of the artist or the people . We have statues of our Founders, presidents, doctors, scientists, soldiers, missionaries, people related to religion in honor of their devoted service and leadership. We have 4 faces of 4 previous presidents carved on a mountain that served this country well. Is anyone worshipping that mountain and their carved images? No.
How many of them are gold plated with a wand?

This guy didn't get your memo:
😜
photos-golden-trump-statue-at-cpac-2021-draws-fans-criticism-238231.jpg

How many of them are gold plated with a wand?
Lisa, don't let your TDS keep you from thinking clearly.The image is obviously whimsical from the shorts to being barefoot and I think I counted 6 toes on each foot. Trying to turn this piece of "art" into a "graven image" is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Are you saying he lives in Chicago?

I know this much, the statue is private property belonging to a person that rented a booth from the Hyatt. I have been to far too many conventions not to know that much. Still the heads of the Democrats should not explode. Even today on PBS Judy Woodruffs head exploded. She of course is a hard core left winger.

No, I'm not saying that he lives in Chicago. He was reared in California and is based there, but also has a permanent visa. I don't know whether he shuttles back and forth or where he is most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom