• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Artist of golden Trump sculpture strikes back at liberal critics: 'This is not an idol'

I remember that and a song sang by children and I think even a painting of Obama walking on water.

Honestly, if I saw this statue at a more left wing event or protest it would make more sense and I’d assume the flip flops were a metaphor for flip flopping on policy or something.

The statue is just so vulgar (no concept of Presidential gravitas!), but I Googled about the artist, and he's known for this sort of kitsch. I don't get the flip-flops at all.

Well you must be pleased that My daughter was forced to cancel her wedding.
She couldn't get married and have the big party after the pandemic? It really isn't that hard to do, even in Hawaii, especially in Hawaii.

But it is not in some private party's booth is it?
CPAC is a private event. So that private party had to be invited there or at least given permission to come. Doesn't matter if they weren't involved in making it. It still shows the worship some have for Trump. It puts that worship into a physical representation.

She couldn't get married and have the big party after the pandemic? It really isn't that hard to do, even in Hawaii, especially in Hawaii.
First world problems; remember the New York woman who came on here whining because she couldn't get to her nail salon during lockdown?

They wear them and scrub up to keep from infecting the patient. Who is not wearing any mask
Which is also why we are supposed to wear masks in regard to COVID, not to protect ourselves (although it can provide a very small amount of mitigation if worn and handled properly for you), but rather mainly to protect others from what may be coming out of your own mouth and nose.

YES the south grew up and now are in general Republican. Democrats fought the law and they still are racists at heart.
I was raised in the South, live here. There are a lot of racists in the South, and the majority are not Democrats. My own grandfather asked my father if my mother was black (because that would have been an issue). He was conservative, very much Republican (Southern Democrat, became Republican around Reagan). Ironically, my husband's father (who is also a Republican and conservative) asked my husband/husband's stepfather the same thing about me because again it would have been an issue for him. All the people I've met who are openly racist are conservatives, Republicans. That doesn't mean there aren't racists who are Democrats, who are liberals. But the majority of openly racist people are conservatives, especially here in the South. I guarantee that Maurice Bessinger would have voted for Trump over HRC or Biden.

Do you want me to explain again that I used to be a long term Democrat and what drove me away from that racist party?
Should we explain to you again what a "Southern Democrat" is? Democrats and Republicans have changed over time, especially when it comes to the South (and some other areas of the country where some from the South migrated to).

Republicans forced them to eradicate the jim crow laws. Forced them to admit blacks are equals. They hated that. Still do I believe.
You should probably check your facts. Most Democrats in the Northern states voted for the CRA.

All Southern Republicans voted against the CRA. Only 9 Northern Democrats voted against it. It wasn't a Democrats vs Republicans thing. It was a North vs South thing.

If Kristi Noem was the Governor of Hawaii, my family could have used the already arranged quarters and transport and she would have delivered her daughter as a married woman.
Nothing but her own choices prevented her from getting married at a court house or even in a private beach ceremony, and then having a wedding when it is safe to gather again. Anyone not aware of that maybe should do a little more thinking about their lives.

Just as my husband and I probably should have did just that (in the same state) before he went to Iraq so that just in case something had happened I would have been treated as his legal wife rather than simply fiancee. Instead, we waited and flew home after to get married in front of our families. But it was our choice, not someone else's. Just as it is your daughter's and her fiance's choice to remain unmarried now.

Those were gifts.

Nothing says formidable more than shorts, thongs and a magic wand.

OMG they sent them to you after you sent a fan letter to the Maras declaring your love for the Giants and begging for a promise to never share that with Jones?

OMG they sent them to you after you sent a fan letter to the Maras declaring your love for the Giants and begging for a promise to never share that with Jones?

How did you know???

Lisa, don't let your TDS keep you from thinking clearly.The image is obviously whimsical from the shorts to being barefoot and I think I counted 6 toes on each foot. Trying to turn this piece of "art" into a "graven image" is ridiculous.
Considering it art is probably the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread!

First impression, it came across to me exactly like the golden calf in the Charlton Heston movie The Ten Commandments and it was receiving much the same reverence as the idol in the movie.

Back
Top Bottom