• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arpaio sending posse to look after schools

I agree.

If our politicians and the Hollywood elite deserve to have extra security then so should our kids.

This looks like the perfect solution.

We don't even need to pay for it as long as we can find community volunteers like George Zimmerman to patrol the schools looking for troublemakers.

Arpaio is, without a doubt, the biggest attention whore presently holding elected office in the United States.

We should hire the Hell's Angels to do it :lamo

Seriously though, there are a lot of biker groups that would probably be willing to become involved somehow. Despite the stereotype of them being thugs, you could trust them to protect your kids with their lives.

This looks like the perfect solution.

We don't even need to pay for it as long as we can find community volunteers like George Zimmerman to patrol the schools looking for troublemakers.

You're a genius.

:lamo

It has been working in the malls for years, sounds like as good an idea as any I have heard so far. The only thing I worry about is a cowboy wanna be, like Johnny Rebson said.

Arpaio is, without a doubt, the biggest attention whore presently holding elected office in the United States.

He's certainly not shy about being in front of a camera but he's also a solutions oriented guy who takes his job very seriously.

It has been working in the malls for years, sounds like as good an idea as any I have heard so far. The only thing I worry about is a cowboy wanna be, like Johnny Rebson said.

The posse won't be inside the schools (at this point) but they will be out in the communities and surrounding areas near the schools.

Arpaio has lots of detractors including some in the media who like nothing better than to use their platform to take jabs at him. The fact of the matter is that posse volunteers handle all kinds of work including administrative, research, search and rescue, etc. Not all of those jobs require a pristine record and, frankly, I think it would be a good bit unfair to condemn a person to a lifetime label of "criminal" just because he got caught with a gram of coke 10 years earlier.

I was going to argue with you that Sarah Palin has the title, but I noted the qualifier "holding elected office", which fortunately she no longer does.

Of all the people I know, only one is an ex-felon for possession of drugs from an era when his crimes were felonies and today would have been misdemeanors.

Nobody in my network is more honest, more reliable, more loyal, more generous or more likely to take a bullet to protect others. Yet he is condemned for life to be derided as a criminal.

As a group, many of us are old gits. We're neither stupid nor senile. You'd be lucky to have us as friends and lucky to have us protecting your children.

Arpaio has lots of detractors including some in the media who like nothing better than to use their platform to take jabs at him. The fact of the matter is that posse volunteers handle all kinds of work including administrative, research, search and rescue, etc. Not all of those jobs require a pristine record and, frankly, I think it would be a good bit unfair to condemn a person to a lifetime label of "criminal" just because he got caught with a gram of coke 10 years earlier.

Of all the people I know, only one is an ex-felon for possession of drugs from an era when his crimes were felonies and today would have been misdemeanors.

Nobody in my network is more honest, more reliable, more loyal, more generous or more likely to take a bullet to protect others. Yet he is condemned for life to be derided as a criminal.

As a group, many of us are old gits. We're neither stupid nor senile. You'd be lucky to have us as friends and lucky to have us protecting your children.

:applaud:applaud:applaud

And how long until one of these guys shoots a kid? Angry, authoritative, armed men in large groups, without proper accountability or supervision. Oh yeah, that's gonna go great...

And how long until one of these guys shoots a kid? Angry, authoritative, armed men in large groups, without proper accountability or supervision. Oh yeah, that's gonna go great...

It doesn't matter.

Formerly, being a conservative meant refusing to go in for radical, wild ideas like putting armed civilian volunteers on school campuses. Today it means embracing an imbecilic populism that encourages policy on the basis that it makes us feel good, that it makes us feel like we're Taking Serious Action.

It doesn't matter that a parent whose child has been bullied might get 'volunteer' in order to do in the bullies. It doesn't matter that all manner of undesirables might 'volunteer' to be closer to children (and, no, screening programmes will not catch them all). It makes us feel good, man. It makes us feel strong.

I was going to argue with you that Sarah Palin has the title, but I noted the qualifier "holding elected office", which fortunately she no longer does.

The real problem with the broader school issue is people who are demographically like Palin, or like the way she projects herself as - white, lower-class semieducated women, usually the mothers of twins, who believe that the education system exists to serve as an extension of their disciplinary arm when they are at work. These "soccer moms" were behind Bill Clinton's harebrained 90s piecemeal schemes like the V-Chip. They'll embrace this nonsense wholeheartedly, because it appeals to their matronly instinct. They typically self-identify as politically "moderate", but what they actually are are Centrists (with-a-capital-C) in the most draconian, authoritarian sense, devotees of the Mother State through-and-through.

They should not be courted by either major Party, because they do not know what they are doing.

The army of clowns are reduced to objectifying/obfuscating/attempts at marginalizing ect

It's old, tired, and cliche. Find a new chapter in Alinksy's playbook. This one is played out.

The army of clowns are reduced to objectifying/obfuscating/attempts at marginalizing ect

It's old, tired, and cliche. Find a new chapter in Alinksy's playbook. This one is played out.

Which of us has even read Alinsky?

I've read Marx, of course. And Prodhoun, and Bakunin, and countless other left-wing social theorists. I can't recall Alinsky ever being important enough to have actually read.

Again: this idea is not only dumb, but it's dumb in a way that only spectacularly dumb ideas can be - it appears smart to its dumb supporters.

I think the fact that he's merely a sheriff makes it pretty impressive.

Bravo for Arpaio. Reelected as usual in spite of fierce attacks from faggy Phoenix press.

Bravo for Arpaio. Reelected as usual in spite of fierce attacks from faggy Phoenix press.

Behold, the modern "conservative": as far removed from Calvin Coolidge as Earth is from the moon.

Behold, the modern "conservative": as far removed from Calvin Coolidge as Earth is from the moon.

Behold, someone mistaking a trolling for actual reasoned political opinion, applying it to his enemies and demonizing swaths of 'others'. One must nearly wonder if y'all are in cahoots.

Back
Top Bottom