• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Around 350,000 Americans will die from COVID in 12 months. Is that winning?

Clueless. Go away; mow your lawn or something.
I live on 5 acres. Got rid of lawns....too much water and hassle. I avoid going into the city to be infected by someone wearing a mask because I KNOW that hundreds of thousands of airborne COVID particles are floating around in stores and other places where people have masks on.

I', smart enough to know that the primary way of catching COVID is not from a sneeze of cough but by small airborne droplets

How'd you like that video?

And your fantasy we are a disaster state is disproven.

Health officials say people with COVID-19 in Northern Idaho soon may have to be sent to Seattle or Portland, Oregon, because the region's hospitals are nearing capacity.

Kootenai Health hospital said in a statement Wednesday that their hospital is at 99% capacity for patients that need medical or surgical care. As of Wednesday morning, Kootenai Health had 31 COVID-19 inpatients and 11 required critical care.

Chief Physician Executive Karen Cabell told KREM the hospital nearing capacity at its current levels is "unprecedented."

Ah so your belief that Hillary would have saved so many lives isnt grounded in fact then, just hatred for Trump. OK.
Did the malignant narcissist know about the virus early and how dangerous it was? YES! Did he choose to downplay it anyway? YES! Does he give very mixed signals on wearing a mask and social distancing? YES! Has he completely failed to lead by blaming others and taking no responsibility? YES! Just stick your head in the the sand and bow to your leader.

Did the malignant narcissist know about the virus early and how dangerous it was? YES! Did he choose to downplay it anyway? YES! Does he give very mixed signals on wearing a mask and social distancing? YES! Has he completely failed to lead by blaming others and taking no responsibility? YES! Just stick your head in the the sand and bow to your leader.
"But, but, Truump!"

Got it. So according your rule for quotes, you claimed of yourself "I am shit" Interesting rules you have in Canada.

I see that you have some issues with reading for comprehension.

It was your rule that I was using not one that I invented.

"But, but, Truump!"
He is a big problem, no doubt. I love all of his cultist supporters who can rationalize anything he does or doesn't do. He also hasn't attended a meeting about Covid in months because he is such a great leader. Morons, LOL!

He is a big problem, no doubt. I love all of his cultist supporters who can rationalize anything he does or doesn't do. He also hasn't attended a meeting about Covid in months because he is such a great leader. Morons, LOL!

You only have the so-called "word" of the people who claim that they were at those so-called "meetings" and who have no idea of what Mr. Trump was actually doing for that.

Can they prove that Mr. Trump was NOT at a REAL meeting with REAL experts to plan the REAL implementation of REAL measures to completely wipe out the Chinese Bio-war attack on the United States of America.

No they can't.

And the REAL reason why they can't do that is because they are NATIONAL SECURITY THREATS to the United States of America due to their participation in the Deep State plot to overturn the results of the 2016 election and can't be allowed anywhere near where the REAL decisions are being made by the REAL leaders.

[The above form of "Internet Rebuttal" has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]

The words used in a discussion, particularly in the statement of the topic itself, place something of a frame around when ensues. 'Winning' and, of course, losing bring to mind the sports arena filled with cheering fans, among other things. It's something of a distraction, and can lead to off-shoot threads having little relevance and even less useful content.

We would do well to concentrate on whether the spread of the virus is or is not coming under control. That cuts out lots of 'all or nothing' nonsense. Going further, using mensuration tools such as R0 [R naught] strips away all manner of adjectives and focuses on actual progress or the lack of it.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

You only have the so-called "word" of the people who claim that they were at those so-called "meetings" and who have no idea of what Mr. Trump was actually doing for that.

Can they prove that Mr. Trump was NOT at a REAL meeting with REAL experts to plan the REAL implementation of REAL measures to completely wipe out the Chinese Bio-war attack on the United States of America.

No they can't.

And the REAL reason why they can't do that is because they are NATIONAL SECURITY THREATS to the United States of America due to their participation in the Deep State plot to overturn the results of the 2016 election and can't be allowed anywhere near where the REAL decisions are being made by the REAL leaders.

[The above form of "Internet Rebuttal" has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]
LOL! I like it.

Add the fact that he eliminated the White House Pandemic Office. The argument that it was consolidated with other departments still reveals the downgrading of the Office's importance within the Trump adminstration. And this attitude is also corroborated by Trump's proposal to cut funding for the CDC.

The words used in a discussion, particularly in the statement of the topic itself, place something of a frame around when ensues. 'Winning' and, of course, losing bring to mind the sports arena filled with cheering fans, among other things. It's something of a distraction, and can lead to off-shoot threads having little relevance and even less useful content.

We would do well to concentrate on whether the spread of the virus is or is not coming under control. That cuts out lots of 'all or nothing' nonsense. Going further, using mensuration tools such as R0 [R naught] strips away all manner of adjectives and focuses on actual progress or the lack of it.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
As I understand it, the position of "Claque Trump" is

As long as we can find even one country that is not doing as well as the US is in combating COVID-19 that **P*R*O*V*E*S** that the US, under the inspired and omniscient leadership of **P*R*E*S*I*D*E*N*T** **T*R*U*M*P**, is doing an absolutely super fantastically perfect job of combating COVID-19.​

However, I do admit that I might be somewhat off base on that one in that it might require a minimum of three other countries to be doing worse than the US is in order to justify saying

The US, under the inspired and omniscient lleadership of **P*R*E*S*I*D*E*N*T** **T*R*U*M*P**, is doing an absolutely super fantastically perfect job of combating COVID-19.​

As I understand it, the position of "Claque Trump" is
As long as we can find even one country that is not doing as well as the US is in combating COVID-19 that **P*R*O*V*E*S** that the US, under the inspired and omniscient leadership of **P*R*E*S*I*D*E*N*T** **T*R*U*M*P**, is doing an absolutely super fantastically perfect job of combating COVID-19.​

However, I do admit that I might be somewhat off base on that one in that it might require a minimum of three other countries to be doing worse than the US is in order to justify saying
The US, under the inspired and omniscient lleadership of **P*R*E*S*I*D*E*N*T** **T*R*U*M*P**, is doing an absolutely super fantastically perfect job of combating COVID-19.​

These United States have, from inception, been host to people with a deep suspicion of the intellectual elite. It has surfaced before in certain statements by some of our presidents,* but not to the extent we see it in President of the United States of America Donald Trump. His willingness to proclaim himself master of all manner of knowledge serves as a focal point for those people. He is symbol more than man. Thus we see the loyalty of his followers continue through thick and thin. [We follow our country's flag even though it be tattered and soiled.] Should he lose the soon-to-come election, his followers will remain, their attitudes unchanged. Either he will continue to lead them from the sidelines or another demagogue-in-waiting will pick up the reins and apply the whip.

We indeed live in interesting times.

Regards, best to you and yours.

* References upon request.

Last edited:
These United States have, from inception, been host to people with a deep suspicion of the intellectual elite. It has surfaced before in certain statements by some of our presidents,* but not to the extent we see it in President of the United States of America Donald Trump. His willingness to proclaim himself master of all manner of knowledge serves as a focal point for those people. He is symbol more than man. Thus we see the loyalty of his followers continue through thick and thin. [We follow our country's flag even though it be tattered and soiled.] Should he lose the soon-to-come election, his followers will remain, their attitudes unchanged. Either he will continue to lead them from the sidelines or another demagogue-in-waiting will pick up the reins and apply the whip.

Your "These United States have, from inception, been host to people with a deep suspicion of the intellectual elite." raises an interesting question.

You don't suppose that a (large[?]) proportion of that suspicion stems from the fact that a large percentage of America's original "intellectual elite" (predating the Rebellion) was composed of sharpsters, grifters, con men, exploiters, and others who simply couldn't compete with the "established order" in the land of their birth and who came to the colonies in search of easier prey do you?

Your "These United States have, from inception, been host to people with a deep suspicion of the intellectual elite." raises an interesting question.

You don't suppose that a (large[?]) proportion of that suspicion stems from the fact that a large percentage of America's original "intellectual elite" (predating the Rebellion) was composed of sharpsters, grifters, con men, exploiters, and others who simply couldn't compete with the "established order" in the land of their birth and who came to the colonies in search of easier prey do you?

I'm sure, us h. sapiens being what we are, that there was a healthy helping of those, too. Those who note the safeguards built into our Constitution should also remember the adage, "It takes one to know one." ;-)

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Health officials say people with COVID-19 in Northern Idaho soon may have to be sent to Seattle or Portland, Oregon, because the region's hospitals are nearing capacity.
didn't all sane people know that COVID was eventually gonna be a problem everywhere (once Trump decided to convince the rubes it wasn't a big deal?

didn't all sane people know that COVID was eventually gonna be a problem everywhere (once Trump decided to convince the rubes it wasn't a big deal?

Those who are supporters of President of the United States of America Donald Trump are as sane as those who do not support him. They [the pro- people] have something they share: a sense of dissatisfaction with the direction they believe our American society is taking. This was evident with, for example, the Tea Party. Those folks were perhaps better able to elucidate and codify their displeasure than the pro-Trumpers. Another difference was that the Tea Party people did not have a visible symbol or banner. President Trump is that symbol, that banner, for his followers. Their somewhat inarticulate discontent is summed by "Make America Great Again". But I assure you they are as sane as you or I.

This country was founded by the intellectual elite.

Trump is the symbol of American ugliness and ignorance. He uses the ugliness and ignorance of his followers to his advantage. He is the most cynically political president in American history. He is the product of WWE thinking. It is all just a show to him. He cares only about himself and how he can manipulate the darkest emotions of America. He is a sick freak.

I'm sure, us h. sapiens being what we are, that there was a healthy helping of those, too. Those who note the safeguards built into our Constitution should also remember the adage, "It takes one to know one." ;-)

If you put the eight Founding Fathers into one room, they would all share one common thought

"Of course, I would never _[fill in the blank]_. So why am I sharing this room with seven other people none of whom I actually trust not to _[fill in the blank]_?"​

If you put all 39 the signers of the American Constitution
into one room, they would all share one common thought

"Of course, I would never _[fill in the blank]_. So why am I sharing this room with thirty-seven other people none of whom I actually trust not to _[fill in the blank]_?"​

If one were to apply the "(American) Conservative" mantra to the situation where

people with COVID-19 in Northern Idaho soon may have to be sent to Seattle or Portland, Oregon, because the region's hospitals are nearing capacity​

the people of Washington and Oregon would be telling the Idahoans that the situation was just their own tough luck and they should have built more hospitals to serve their own needs rather than having an "expectation" that someone else was going to pay to solve a problem that they chose to create for themselves by their own wasteful and profligate spending on non-essentials.

Those who are supporters of President of the United States of America Donald Trump are as sane as those who do not support him. They [the pro- people] have something they share: a sense of dissatisfaction with the direction they believe our American society is taking. This was evident with, for example, the Tea Party. Those folks were perhaps better able to elucidate and codify their displeasure than the pro-Trumpers. Another difference was that the Tea Party people did not have a visible symbol or banner. President Trump is that symbol, that banner, for his followers. Their somewhat inarticulate discontent is summed by "Make America Great Again". But I assure you they are as sane as you or I.

When some people say "They are as sane as you or I.", I get a distinct feeling of unease.

Fortunately you aren't one of those people.

Unfortunately many of the extremely outspoken and cliche ridden members of "Claque Trump" are.

This country was founded by the intellectual elite.

Trump is the symbol of American ugliness and ignorance. He uses the ugliness and ignorance of his followers to his advantage. He is the most cynically political president in American history. He is the product of WWE thinking. It is all just a show to him. He cares only about himself and how he can manipulate the darkest emotions of America. He is a sick freak.

Hi!

Thanks for taking time to post a response. We've but 8 days remaining until we begin to assess the opinion of the American voting public.

If you put the eight Founding Fathers into one room, they would all share one common thought
"Of course, I would never _[fill in the blank]_. So why am I sharing this room with seven other people none of whom I actually trust not to _[fill in the blank]_?"​

If you put all 39 the signers of the American Constitution
into one room, they would all share one common thought
"Of course, I would never _[fill in the blank]_. So why am I sharing this room with thirty-seven other people none of whom I actually trust not to _[fill in the blank]_?"​

Hi!

Nicely put. Thanks for commenting.

When some people say "They are as sane as you or I.", I get a distinct feeling of unease.

Fortunately you aren't one of those people.

Unfortunately many of the extremely outspoken and cliche ridden members of "Claque Trump" are.

Yup! I did go on to make a distinction. The 'same' follows directly from my starting position, that of a secular humanist. I see all of us as part of one 'family: h. sapiens. Perhaps the best image of that is to be found in a photo exhibit of years ago titled The Family of Man. It was set up by Mr. Edward Steichen and is available in book form. It makes my case far better than I can. Each of us is a separate, one time once individual, yet we all have far more in common than not. When we divide us into 'us'* and 'them', it carries with it great risk.

Regards.

The similarity of 'us' and 'US' is often not well perceived.

Yup! I did go on to make a distinction. The 'same' follows directly from my starting position, that of a secular humanist. I see all of us as part of one 'family: h. sapiens. Perhaps the best image of that is to be found in a photo exhibit of years ago titled The Family of Man. It was set up by Mr. Edward Steichen and is available in book form. It makes my case far better than I can. Each of us is a separate, one time once individual, yet we all have far more in common than not. When we divide us into 'us'* and 'them', it carries with it great risk.

Regards.

The similarity of 'us' and 'US' is often not well perceived.

But when you divide us into 'us' and 'them' that increases your chance of gaining/retaining power so that you can ensure that "The Right People" are the ones to get the benefits of society and that's what it's all about, isn't it.

Back
Top Bottom