• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Around 350,000 Americans will die from COVID in 12 months. Is that winning?

In fairness, you have a point.
And also in fairness, you have to recognize that once the infection has entered the country, the isolation point you're making becomes of much less importance than the necessary precautions being observed. The reason for the US poor performance isn't because of infected people coming across your borders. Canada serves as a comparison too.
And in a country of 4 million, with a single centralized government, it's possible for this government to impose the restructuring that allowed them to prevent the spread. President Trump did not, and does not have that power.

no

much of it is his fault because he's sitting in the drivers seat when a pandemic hit and he lied and downplayed it and made it way worse that it needed to be.

go ask some local small business owners how they're doing now.

How much is Trump's fault? 20,000? 30,000? 100,000
You simply want to follow the Dem's main talking point and go along with Biden saying ALL Covid deaths in the U.S. could have been avoided if Trump had done his job?
Don't you want to agree with assumed the savior of this country?
And you are probably one of those who touts how many times Trump has lied.
But you want it both ways. To call him a liar and then criticize him for not being serious about the virus.
No doubt you would have believed him if Trump said the virus was really serious - especially when NY and NJ lost 30,000 to the virus - early on in the year.
The Dem voters need something to punish Trump with and they don't want to think very hard about it.
Blaming Trump for Covid deaths is real easy because they never have to show any proof.

How much is Trump's fault? 20,000? 30,000? 100,000
The real question is how many Americans are you willing to let die because a politician totally screwed up?

The more you say, the more I get you wrong. What the fk are you on about now?

I am saying that instead of you speculating about the validity of the model, you should instead monitor its predictions over time. Then your judgment would at least be based on evidence.

Last edited:
Do you have any examples where there were no co-mortality causes, proven?

Demonstrate a basic proficiency in infectious disease epidemiology before more advanced topics will be discussed.

How many Americans died from COVID in the last 2 days?

Certainly less than under the malignant narcissist scumbag POS. I doubt she would have contradicted her own administration's recommendations or actively contradicted the states ability to fight the virus. Promoting hydroxychloquine or injecting bleach probably wouldn't be part of her choices either. Simply wearing a mask would have been encouraged. The sleezeball has been a complete failure.
Give us some actual numbers instead of the usual TDS rant. How many dead under Hillary?

No that is not what they believe
They believe that the country rated as the best prepared for a pandemic would have handled it better and have seen significantly fewer deaths under Hillary than under Don the con.

It would be hard for a leader to have done a worse job than Trump, Boris Johnson has to work hard to get similar numbers
You have no right to not die. Meh

The real question is how many Americans are you willing to let die because a politician totally screwed up?

Your rhetorical question has no basis in reality.
Only individuals with common sense and caution have control over whether they get sick and die.
Your question seems to suggest our president has some control over who lives and who dies.
And, you infer our political choice is somehow going to affect the outcome of peoples' lives regarding the pandemic.
You love the idea of punishing Trump because you think he killed thousands of people.
Some freaky narrative.

Your rhetorical question has no basis in reality.
Only individuals with common sense and caution have control over whether they get sick and die.
Your question seems to suggest our president has some control over who lives and who dies.
And, you infer our political choice is somehow going to affect the outcome of peoples' lives regarding the pandemic.
You love the idea of punishing Trump because you think he killed thousands of people.
Some freaky narrative.
now that you've been Tea Party and Q, what's next?

Really. You think an island nation that shut down 100% of its borders to prevent migration of the virus is comparable to the United States? Really?

Other than that isn't what I was saying at all, "Nice try.".

I think that the level of leadership that let the country's leaders implement the measures necessary in New Zealand vastly exceeded the level of leadership in the US.

I think that the level of civic consciousness that let the country's people cooperate with the common sense measures that tended to reduce the severity of the effects of COVID-19 on New Zealand vastly exceeded the level of civic consciousness in the US.

Do you have any examples where there were no co-mortality causes, proven?

If you have ever done any accident analysis, you would know that there is something known as "proximate cause".

You obviously don't understand that concept.

I love the fact that you come to such conclusions so fast. How much time did you actually spend to read the paper (26 pages)? The time lapse between my post that pointed to you the paper and your response came after 26 minutes.

Anyway, an example from the paper that you supposedly read

Page 10

In Figure 3 we see a significant correlation between rate of spread and ρN for Europe (r 2 = 0.26 and p < 0.004), and in Figure 4 we see an even stronger effect in terms of ρW (r 2 = 0.53 and p < 0.0001). Therefore, we conclude that in each case using non-standard measures of population density reveals statistically significant effects compared with those arising from the standard population density ρS. It appears that the population-weighted measure ρW is of the most value in this sense, explaining over half the variation in the rate of spread of COVID-19 across Europe.

Again, you fail to grasp that statistical analysis and correlations are derived from a big picture of many data points. If one wants to make an argument against such statistically significant link based on particular pairs of datapoints, then this is irrational. Again, it is like arguing that smoking is not significantly correlated to shorter life expectancy because we can find pairs of people where a non-smoker lives a shorter life than a smoker. Heck, the average Japanese smokes more than an American and lives longer than him..

What the authors neglected to take into account is the variations of "population density" WITHIN countries.

Yes, your bitch was a whiny defense of Biden. But it wasn't a quote from my post. A paraphrase at best, which, at least in this country, you do not put quotation marks around.

Obviously you didn't actually read what I wrote.

PS - I admit that my education in the English language and its grammatical rules DID include the correct use of what are known as "stops".

First off, you're all over the map with your replies, so I'll be brief on each of your issues. The death rate was on the decline but a one day spike yesterday has shown that may change. I'll need to see more than one big day.

On the death camps issue, are you suggesting that no death camps existed? (in brackets)
For the record, I believe the truth. See Elie Weisel's evidence.

The US mortality rate (for "closed cases") continues to decline.

20-10-23 B1 - Mortality Rate CLOSED GRAPH.JPG

The rolling seven day death rate in the US appears to be (at a minimum) spiking.

20-10-23 C1 - 7 Day Average GRAPH.JPG

The US mortality rate (for "closed cases") continues to decline.

The rolling seven day death rate in the US appears to be (at a minimum) spiking.

Yeah, so what? There could be a steady increase in the number of deaths per day but it's going to take a few more days to see if the trend up holds. As I said yesterday, I think it will. Not only climb to a thousand per day but more like 2000.
Your prediction?
I'm suggesting 350,000 by year end will be pretty close.

Other than that isn't what I was saying at all, "Nice try.".

I think that the level of leadership that let the country's leaders implement the measures necessary in New Zealand vastly exceeded the level of leadership in the US.

I think that the level of civic consciousness that let the country's people cooperate with the common sense measures that tended to reduce the severity of the effects of COVID-19 on New Zealand vastly exceeded the level of civic consciousness in the US.
Yeah true, but can you offer an explanation on the reason or reasons the US failed so badly. I would give Trump about 50% of the blame and American attitudes a good 30% of it too.
The attitude problem being that Americans would consider something like wearing a mask an attack on their freedom.

What the authors neglected to take into account is the variations of "population density" WITHIN countries.

The authors DID take in consdideration variations of populatin density within countries

Page 9

For a given region we define the variability coefficient V = ρW /ρS. Note that this is a dimension-free quantity.

This ratio measures the extent to which population is evenly distributed in a region;

Then go to Table B (page 24) and notice that eve though New Zealand has a lower population density (when it is measured in the standard way of total population divided by total country size) it has actually a HIGHER ρW /ρS than the US.

Stop making things up when it is obvious that you have neglected to read the paper!

Last edited:
Yeah true, but can you offer an explanation on the reason or reasons the US failed so badly. I would give Trump about 50% of the blame and American attitudes a good 30% of it too.
The attitude problem being that Americans would consider something like wearing a mask an attack on their freedom.

A part of this attitude of making masks a symbol of government's tyranny is also Trump's fault. It should not be a surprise that a leader who does not lead by example (using a mask) and who mocks scientists and people who wear masks will spark stronger resistance against scientific recommendations to wear a mask.

A part of this attitude of making masks a symbol of government's tyranny is also Trump's fault. It should not be a surprise that a leader who does not lead by example (using a mask) and who mocks scientists and people who wear masks will spark stronger resistance against scientific recommendations to wear a mask.
I'm not surprised you wouldn't understand the attitude reason.

Just for perspective something like 3 million Americans die every year regardless of Covid.

"In closing, yes the defense agrees that the prosecution has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that my client did indeed murder his wife, but just for perspective, something like 3 million Americans die every year...."

Give us some actual numbers instead of the usual TDS rant. How many dead under Hillary?
How could I or anyone possibly know that? What a ridiculous request. We needed someone to lead with a cohesive national plan. Not "liberate xxx" in tweets.

Back
Top Bottom