• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Around 350,000 Americans will die from COVID in 12 months. Is that winning?

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It could be more or less obviously, but if we keep averaging what we've averaged so far (even with a ton of people, but not all, being safe) it should be somewhere in that range. And what's a bit concerning is we're now doing more things together with November, December, January and February to go.

That's without a vaccine and mass production and distribution of course.

Just for perspective something like 3 million Americans die every year regardless of Covid.

It could be more or less obviously, but if we keep averaging what we've averaged so far (even with a ton of people, but not all, being safe) it should be somewhere in that range. And what's a bit concerning is we're now doing more things together with November, December, January and February to go.

A vaccine will not be available until the end of the year and it will be prioritized as to who gets the first doses, most Americans will not get the opportunity until late spring, at least that is what the majority of those involved are saying. So, sadly, those awful numbers will probably become a reality, if not even worse by the time we finally get control of the virus.

When placed in comparison to the 350+ MILLION population of the US, yeah...I'd say that's winning.

Reactions: PoS

Yep, that’s about 0.01% of the population. That places COVID-19 as the third leading cause of death in 2020 - (well) behind heart disease and cancer.

When placed in comparison to the 350+ MILLION population of the US, yeah...I'd say that's winning.
You would say that. Sad. Then again you fit the typical republican supporter. A couple of hundred thousand dead, no big thing. So very republican. If it has nothing to do with money or guns, we're not interested. Really sad.

You would say that. Sad. Then again you fit the typical republican supporter. A couple of hundred thousand dead, no big thing. So very republican. If it has nothing to do with money or guns, we're not interested. Really sad.

One percent or less of our population is NOT worth shutting down our economy and society over.

A vaccine will not be available until the end of the year and it will be prioritized as to who gets the first doses, most Americans will not get the opportunity until late spring, at least that is what the majority of those involved are saying. So, sadly, those awful numbers will probably become a reality, if not even worse by the time we finally get control of the virus.
Personally, I think that is optomistic. I hope I am wrong.

From a purely social Darwinist perspective it's probably good that the old, weak and poor are dying.

Just for perspective something like 3 million Americans die every year regardless of Covid.
Diversion game.

I give you credit. You have a game for everything.

Libruls believe that if Hillary was POTUS, there wouldnt be any deaths from covid.
This post is a lie.

It's a Trump supporter so we should expect it.

Yep, that’s about 0.01% of the population. That places COVID-19 as the third leading cause of death in 2020 - (well) behind heart disease and cancer.
Winning

Last edited:
It's 'winning' for the Trump Klan Party cult.

Considering the initial prediction of over two million, yup, winning.

If We Did Nothing, which by the way seems to be trumps game plan, just ignore it and it will go away, as will a lot of American Citizens. Thinking the American People will pass of that idiotic approach.

I play a lot of poker. After my sessions I do a review of how I played. Many times after a winning session I find I could have won significantly more had I played the hands better. Maybe 350k dead is winning to you. I have no doubt a different President would have shown the leadership necessary to limit the numbers of deaths. We should have been at a much lower baseline of infections and deaths heading into the winter. Had people taken this more seriously and taken the proper precautions we would be under less restrictions today.

Keep claiming victory and keep seeing more lockdowns. Think about it. It doesn’t matter what you think, it matters what the world thinks. Look around. Open your eyes. See things as they are. You’re the one creating the very thing you hate.

If We Did Nothing, which by the way seems to be trumps game plan, just ignore it and it will go away, as will a lot of American Citizens. Thinking the American People will pass of that idiotic approach.
LOL AS opposed to Biden's plan of "welcome the folks from Wuhan" and "wear a mask" 85% of the people that were infected wore a masks. WE'd be at that 2 million if we followed Biden's plan.

Back
Top Bottom