• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed ‘quick reaction force’ was waiting for order to storm Capitol, Justice Dept. says

Those were sneak attacks and I, for one, have confidence that they US Police and Military could easily have gotten control back... but then again, the "insurrection" was so weak that it was over in a couple of hours after they decided to go home.

Why do you try to downplay the events of Jan 6?

Partisan political reasons?

Sure, but 50 dipshits with their stupid plans doesn't mean that it was ever even close to being close to a credible threat...

That is what those freaking out need to get into their freaking brains.

The dipshits can be be heard threatening both Pence and Pelosi, stop trying to downplay the insurrection.

No more so than people believing Gore had won the election'
Or that Mr. Trump had won the 2016 election illegitimately.
People can be found who think Nixon beat Kennedy.
Or that Tilden beat Hayes.

I don't recall a violent insurrection in those cases. I do not recall, in these cases, the loser attempting to rally his supporters and party leaders to overturn the results. Thus, I do not see the comparisons as valid.

Dude, did you see how many Capitol security were ARMED?

So the future possibility of violent insurrection does not concern you? History doesn't reassure us of this.

I don't recall a violent insurrection in those cases. I do not recall, in these cases, the loser attempting to rally his supporters and party leaders to overturn the results. Thus, I do not see the comparisons as valid.

I do not recall a violent insurrection in any of the cases (though in 1876 there were threats that the South would take up arms).

I do not recall a violent insurrection in any of the cases (though in 1876 there were threats that the South would take up arms).

The white riot of Wilmington NC has close parallels to this insurrection. Whites objectioning to black political power and throwing out their votes.

This is true.

I think that is exactly what the issue is... that they could not have succeeded. Lots of people try lots of stuff. Unless it has a reasonable expectation of success then it is nothing to freak out about.

This is accurate.

“I think that is exactly what the issue is... that they could not have succeeded. Lots of people try lots of stuff. Unless it has a reasonable expectation of success then it is nothing to freak out about.”

That’s what they said about the Beer Hall Putsch.

No more so than people believing Gore had won the election'
Or that Mr. Trump had won the 2016 election illegitimately.
People can be found who think Nixon beat Kennedy.
Or that Tilden beat Hayes.

Uh, Gore won the popular vote, but was elected 5-4 by the Supreme Court.
Tilden did beat Hayes. But Tom Scott and Jay Gould bought their way across the South to flip electoral votes.

Dude, did you see how many Capitol security were ARMED?

And?

Capitol police are armed because they have to guard against attack on the Nation’s House.

You know, like on Jan 6th.

Moderator's Warning:
@skeptic llc @Bodhisattva knock it off

I think that’s true when it comes to politics, history and government.

But Joe Scarboro pointed out yesterday the he know a lot of smart, wealthy professional people who bought the whole Q thing and believed Trump’s obvious lies.

That is my personal experience as well.

And?

Capitol police are armed because they have to guard against attack on the Nation’s House.

You know, like on Jan 6th.

(LOL)

And did the unarmed protesters breach these ARMED Capital security and go into the Congress chambers?

So if they were waiting how come it NEVER happened?

That’s easy.

Der Fuhrer urged his mob to march on the Capitol, and said he’s be right there with them.

Then he ran and hid.

So the leaderless mob went to Capitol hill, and invaded the Capitol,.

By the time they got in, they weren’t getting the kind of reaction they had been led to expect on their phones, and the realization began to sink in that they had been put up to this act, and left holding the bag. (while the fuhrer fundraised off of it).

Those demonstrators do not enjoy broad support. Nor do they wish for a political coup. Many Republicans support it. The Republican Party won't condemn it. Republican leaders wont investigate it. The President of the United States said he loved them. This is very dangerous.
Harris/Biden refused to condemn the violence until months later, when it started to poll against them. They truly only care about power, and couldn't give a crap about this country.

Doesn't at all matter to what was being presented here or the actions allegedly planned by those who may have been armed or poised to call in armed reinforcements. We don't even know if any of those within that armed group (Oath Keepers?) were amongst the group Ashli Babbitt was part of. Those things matter.
Yes yes yes, cops routinely shoot unarmed people because they fear they might have a weapon or shoot back. Thankfully that didn't happen in this case.

And a federal crime. I bet someone in the "quick reaction force" sings to the feds about who organized them.
Apparently the leader of the Oath Keepers will plead guilty and is already ratting everyone out for a slot in the witness protection program.

Why do you try to downplay the events of Jan 6?

Partisan political reasons?
The quote system is all screwed up and I had to edit somebody out so this is the best that I could do... and I am not downplaying anything. I am putting it into a non-hysterical perspective though and that seems to concern all of the hysterical people.

Political Reasons? Nope... I am one of the very few truly non-politically biased people here.
The dipshits can be be heard threatening both Pence and Pelosi,
I never said that things like that were not real nor that some of the people there were actually trying to stop the vote... I have merely said that the threat of overthrowing the United States of America, that day, was ridiculous. It was a pathetic little street mob with no chance of doing anything more than what they did... and they left.

stop trying to downplay the insurrection.
Stop trying to make the "insurrection" a bigger event than it was.

EDIT: The quoting turned out OK after alll....

Trump and the reactionary right wing skinhead social media fanned the flames of a right trash insurrection.

You’re dancing around trying to pretend that it was all peaceful and benign.

Sorry, but your corrupt and. morally bankrupt cause disgraced itself before the entire world on Jan 6th.

Own your disgrace. It won’t be forgotten, nor soon forgiven.

Own your desire that you want political opposition summarily executed. I certainly won't forget and have well recognized the International corporate-fascism, which now controls the Democratic Party, is the most murderous danger to the USA - just like the Democratic Party remains the greatest enemy this country has ever had and has killed more Americans than any other enemy ever has.

Yes yes yes, cops routinely shoot unarmed people because they fear they might have a weapon or shoot back. Thankfully that didn't happen in this case.
How routine is it for people to invade the Capitol as a violent mob? Do you think that is normal?

How routine is it for people to invade the Capitol as a violent mob? Do you think that is normal?
No, but only one cop out of hundreds felt the need to shoot, so shooting even in those circumstances is clearly unusual.

No, but only one cop out of hundreds felt the need to shoot, so shooting even in those circumstances is clearly unusual.
Only one person got close enough to cause a real threat.

How many of those within the riots that have been going on all summer, much of last year, and even part of this year have been shot by police? Pretty sure there are a lot more protestors in those groups and officers dealing with those situations.

Only one person got close enough to cause a real threat.
Oh. So there wasn't much of a threat at the Capitol? Just one person? Ok, if you say so.

Oh. So there wasn't much of a threat at the Capitol? Just one person? Ok, if you say so.
There was a threat, that was stopped by quick thinking and a single shot. Takes a while to make it through the Capitol, especially while you have a resistance from officers that you are outnumbering to try to push your way past because you don't belong.

How much of a threat are those who have been rioting in various cities this past year?

Back
Top Bottom