• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed ‘quick reaction force’ was waiting for order to storm Capitol, Justice Dept. says

LOLOLOL love those LOLs. You don't know if you make more than I do, because you don't know what I make. See how reality works? I *suspect* I make more than you do, because hacks in the employ of Putin can't earn much, but nothing is certain.
I know that I make more than you do because you are talking about change on the street... that shows you walk around in poor, dirty areas. That is disgusting. That is reality.
Anyway, Ivan, if some little part of your commie-infused brain is listening, have a conscience and stop trying to destroy societies that have some hope of harmony.
Russia is not communist any more... but then again, I had an excellent education, so I would know that.

I don't support anything that they did... but you are showing why things are so bad in the world today... non-thinking reactionary ignorance.
Not there either...
Kind of non-thinking to talk yourself into a coup attempt that almost succeeded being no big deal. Wonder what motivates such bizarre indifference. Ahhh yes, Vlad motivate all for Ivans.

A couple hundred people were going to overthrow the United States Government? LOL
Deflection Bod.

They thought they were. Those cheering from the sidelines hoped they would. Some here are no doubt disappointed they didn't succeed.

The issue is not whether they could have succeeded, but that they undoubtedly tried. And with millions of fellow travelers out there and sympathizers itching for civil war - some here too - this sort of crap needs to be nipped in the bud before the next attempt.

And yet, the leftists are burning Portland everyday, and we don't hear jack about it from the leftists in government.

I know that I make more than you do because you are talking about change on the street... that shows you walk around in poor, dirty areas. That is disgusting. That is reality.
Russia is not communist any more... but then again, I had an excellent education, so I would know that.
Good stuff, wrong. Sorry Ivan, got anything more than made up stuff? I know you can (i.e., are paid by big brother to) do this forever, but it gets old.

Crap, I did some cultural arrogance there. Perhaps in Mother Russia pole-binding is a thing, I'm not qualified to know. So I'll do an FYI ... in the US it would not make sense for mobs to storm the heart of government to bind poles together with zipties.
I live in New Zealand
If you were American and knew about America, you would actually consider that a humorously stupid suggestion for why someone brought zipties to the party when attempting to corral congresspeople and stop a vote. (No way you could know that Ivan, so no shame.)
I am American and know far more about America than you do.... that is for certain.
Kind of non-thinking to talk yourself into a coup attempt that almost succeeded being no big deal. Wonder what motivates such bizarre indifference. Ahhh yes, Vlad motivate all for Ivans.
The coup attempt did not come anywhere near succeeding... that is just the first of your many mistakes.
Kind of non-thinking to talk yourself into a coup attempt that almost succeeded being no big deal.
Talk myself into what? WTF?

...and I love how you quickly ignored the logical fallacies that you committed and called me on for not explaining them to you. LOL

Good stuff, wrong. Sorry Ivan, got anything more than made up stuff? I know you can (i.e., are paid by big brother to) do this forever, but it gets old.
Wrong? I am not an American? It is a DP Verified Fact, actually. LOL

I know more than you and I make more than you... but keep making twelve year old insults, if you like.

I live in New Zealand

I am American and know far more about America than you do.... that is for certain.
The coup attempt did not come anywhere near succeeding... that is just the first of your many mistakes.

Talk myself into what? WTF?

...and I love how you quickly ignored the logical fallacies that you committed and called me on for not explaining them to you. LOL

Wrong? I am not an American? It is a DP Verified Fact, actually. LOL

I know more than you and I make more than you... but keep making twelve year old insults, if you like.
Lots of empty boasting Ivan, very American of you. How many years of age does it take to just assert things? I can see how that might seem persuasive (well, to you), but it's actually not.

Deflection Bod.

They thought they were. Those cheering from the sidelines hoped they would. Some here are no doubt disappointed they didn't succeed.
This is true.
The issue is not whether they could have succeeded, but that they undoubtedly tried. And with millions of fellow travelers out there and sympathizers itching for civil war - some here too - this sort of crap needs to be nipped in the bud before the next attempt.
I think that is exactly what the issue is... that they could not have succeeded. Lots of people try lots of stuff. Unless it has a reasonable expectation of success then it is nothing to freak out about.
And yet, the leftists are burning Portland everyday, and we don't hear jack about it from the leftists in government.
This is accurate.

There were hundreds of them and they were running rampant over the Capitol Building and "they didn't get the chance to do so"? LOL
And there was one shot fired throughout the Capitol, with a video showing that, had anyone in the mob started shooting, firing back, at that time, when that shot was taken, it would have been strategically bad. Those in the hallway were stunned into backing off. Not everyone in there were part of the Oath Keepers. Had any of them, within that mob been Oath Keepers and/or armed, that would have been a poor decision to fire back at after Babbitt was killed. They would not have had any good angle at the officer who shot her, since he was not only behind a set of doors that were likely bullet proof or at least hard to shoot through, but also himself in a guarded position. So that leaves only the tactical officers in the stairwell. There were other protestors there and these were tactical officers who were ready to shoot anyone who may have decided it was a good time to fire then.

Crap, I did some cultural arrogance there. Perhaps in Mother Russia pole-binding is a thing, I'm not qualified to know. So I'll do an FYI ... in the US it would not make sense for mobs to storm the heart of government to bind poles together with zipties. If you were American and knew about America, you would actually consider that a humorously stupid suggestion for why someone brought zipties to the party when attempting to corral congresspeople and stop a vote. (No way you could know that Ivan, so no shame.)
Okay, so the poster you are responding to is trying to rile you and others up. He isn't a Russian bot or plant. Please just stop with this. It is best to simply counter his points and stop trying to insult him. You are playing into his whole thing.

A couple hundred people were going to overthrow the United States Government? LOL
Many of them believed that Trump and his allies in Congress were about to start arresting the "evil Dems". It was part of the Q conspiracy theories. The QAnon among them believed that trials were coming and they would be part of the reckoning, especially after things Trump told them in the minutes/hours, days, weeks before about how the election was stolen and there needed to be consequences, etc. QAnon believes/believed Trump talks to them in code, using phrasing that is meant for them, as a secret way to tell them what is going on.

Others just plain hate Democrats, they see them as their enemies, as enemies to the country. Why would they not want to be involved in what many of them saw as a righteous attempt to overthrow a corrupt government? Why wouldn't they think of themselves as bringing to justice the corrupt politicians? If you are doing those things, you don't care if they get hurt because you are planning on being judge, jury and executioner and/or you believe you have the backing of the person who is and will be in power, the President.

You seem unaware that Trump, his allies in congress, and a massive number of armed Americans did not agree that Biden had won. They had rather opposite views on the question.

Ok. And...?

I agree, but don't feel the republic is out of danger. Let's get another presidential election in the rearview mirror.

It can happen here.

How many people have been killed by a Republican mob? ZERO. Can you answer how many have been killed by Antifa and BLM mobs?

Trump and the reactionary right wing skinhead social media fanned the flames of a right trash insurrection.

You’re dancing around trying to pretend that it was all peaceful and benign.

Sorry, but your corrupt and. morally bankrupt cause disgraced itself before the entire world on Jan 6th.

Own your disgrace. It won’t be forgotten, nor soon forgiven.

Those demonstrators do not enjoy broad support. Nor do they wish for a political coup. Many Republicans support it. The Republican Party won't condemn it. Republican leaders wont investigate it. The President of the United States said he loved them. This is very dangerous.

"As the Capitol was overrun on Jan. 6, armed supporters of President Donald Trump were waiting across the Potomac in Virginia for orders to bring guns into the fray, a prosecutor said Wednesday in federal court. ... In a court filing this week, he noted, prosecutors obtained cellphone and video evidence from the day before the riot showing that Harrelson asked someone about the quick reaction force. He then went to a Comfort Inn in the Ballston area of Arlington for about an hour before driving into D.C., prosecutors said. The day after the riot, surveillance video from the hotel shows him moving “what appears to be at least one rifle case down a hallway and towards the elevator,” according to the court records.

“We believe that at least one quick reaction force location was here and that Mr. Harrelson and others had stashed a large amount of weapons there,” Nestler said. “People affiliated with this group were in Ballston, monitoring what was happening at the Capitol and prepared to come into D.C. and ferry these weapons into the ground team that Kenneth Harrelson was running at a moment’s notice, if anyone said the word.”

... Judge Amit Mehta called the evidence among the “most troubling and most disconcerting” he has seen in nearly a dozen cases related to Oath Keepers. It is “the strongest evidence that the government has presented that there was a quick reaction force outside the District of Columbia, the location of the quick reaction force and that members of this conspiracy provided weapons to this quick reaction force,” he said. Harrelson, he added, “clearly is prepared to have weapons at the ready for violent conduct. ...D.C. police Officer Daniel Hodges said in a January interview that one reason he did not draw his weapon during the riot was that police understood the crowd to be armed. “I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said. “And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first.”

Link

Trump: "We love you!"

Hope we can find out what other political leaders love them.

So if they were waiting how come it NEVER happened?

"As the Capitol was overrun on Jan. 6, armed supporters of President Donald Trump were waiting across the Potomac in Virginia for orders to bring guns into the fray, a prosecutor said Wednesday in federal court. ... In a court filing this week, he noted, prosecutors obtained cellphone and video evidence from the day before the riot showing that Harrelson asked someone about the quick reaction force. He then went to a Comfort Inn in the Ballston area of Arlington for about an hour before driving into D.C., prosecutors said. The day after the riot, surveillance video from the hotel shows him moving “what appears to be at least one rifle case down a hallway and towards the elevator,” according to the court records.

“We believe that at least one quick reaction force location was here and that Mr. Harrelson and others had stashed a large amount of weapons there,” Nestler said. “People affiliated with this group were in Ballston, monitoring what was happening at the Capitol and prepared to come into D.C. and ferry these weapons into the ground team that Kenneth Harrelson was running at a moment’s notice, if anyone said the word.”

... Judge Amit Mehta called the evidence among the “most troubling and most disconcerting” he has seen in nearly a dozen cases related to Oath Keepers. It is “the strongest evidence that the government has presented that there was a quick reaction force outside the District of Columbia, the location of the quick reaction force and that members of this conspiracy provided weapons to this quick reaction force,” he said. Harrelson, he added, “clearly is prepared to have weapons at the ready for violent conduct. ...D.C. police Officer Daniel Hodges said in a January interview that one reason he did not draw his weapon during the riot was that police understood the crowd to be armed. “I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said. “And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first.”

Link

Trump: "We love you!"

Hope we can find out what other political leaders love them.

“And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first.”

What a bunch of BS

So if they we waiting how come it NEVER happened?

I don't know. Perhaps we will find out. Does it not happening make it less troublesome for you? Or should we look at it as a warning for a future possibility?

I don't know. Perhaps we will find out. Does it not happening make it less troublesome for you? Or should we look at it as a warning for a future possibility?

Dude, did you see how many Capitol security were ARMED?

Thats anti-democratic.

No more so than people believing Gore had won the election'
Or that Mr. Trump had won the 2016 election illegitimately.
People can be found who think Nixon beat Kennedy.
Or that Tilden beat Hayes.

Back
Top Bottom