• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed ‘quick reaction force’ was waiting for order to storm Capitol, Justice Dept. says

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"As the Capitol was overrun on Jan. 6, armed supporters of President Donald Trump were waiting across the Potomac in Virginia for orders to bring guns into the fray, a prosecutor said Wednesday in federal court. ... In a court filing this week, he noted, prosecutors obtained cellphone and video evidence from the day before the riot showing that Harrelson asked someone about the quick reaction force. He then went to a Comfort Inn in the Ballston area of Arlington for about an hour before driving into D.C., prosecutors said. The day after the riot, surveillance video from the hotel shows him moving “what appears to be at least one rifle case down a hallway and towards the elevator,” according to the court records.

“We believe that at least one quick reaction force location was here and that Mr. Harrelson and others had stashed a large amount of weapons there,” Nestler said. “People affiliated with this group were in Ballston, monitoring what was happening at the Capitol and prepared to come into D.C. and ferry these weapons into the ground team that Kenneth Harrelson was running at a moment’s notice, if anyone said the word.”

... Judge Amit Mehta called the evidence among the “most troubling and most disconcerting” he has seen in nearly a dozen cases related to Oath Keepers. It is “the strongest evidence that the government has presented that there was a quick reaction force outside the District of Columbia, the location of the quick reaction force and that members of this conspiracy provided weapons to this quick reaction force,” he said. Harrelson, he added, “clearly is prepared to have weapons at the ready for violent conduct. ...D.C. police Officer Daniel Hodges said in a January interview that one reason he did not draw his weapon during the riot was that police understood the crowd to be armed. “I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said. “And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first.”

Link

Trump: "We love you!"

Hope we can find out what other political leaders love them.

“I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said. “And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first.”

Yup. It was horrible enough for that to happen in America, but the people who did it wanted it to be a ****load worse. As in, an actual coup, where Biden's win doesn't get certified because of their insurrection and Trump ends up getting installed because this buys enough time for his other schemes to work.

"As the Capitol was overrun on Jan. 6, armed supporters of President Donald Trump were waiting across the Potomac in Virginia for orders to bring guns into the fray, a prosecutor said Wednesday in federal court. ... In a court filing this week, he noted, prosecutors obtained cellphone and video evidence from the day before the riot showing that Harrelson asked someone about the quick reaction force. He then went to a Comfort Inn in the Ballston area of Arlington for about an hour before driving into D.C., prosecutors said. The day after the riot, surveillance video from the hotel shows him moving “what appears to be at least one rifle case down a hallway and towards the elevator,” according to the court records.

“We believe that at least one quick reaction force location was here and that Mr. Harrelson and others had stashed a large amount of weapons there,” Nestler said. “People affiliated with this group were in Ballston, monitoring what was happening at the Capitol and prepared to come into D.C. and ferry these weapons into the ground team that Kenneth Harrelson was running at a moment’s notice, if anyone said the word.”

... Judge Amit Mehta called the evidence among the “most troubling and most disconcerting” he has seen in nearly a dozen cases related to Oath Keepers. It is “the strongest evidence that the government has presented that there was a quick reaction force outside the District of Columbia, the location of the quick reaction force and that members of this conspiracy provided weapons to this quick reaction force,” he said. Harrelson, he added, “clearly is prepared to have weapons at the ready for violent conduct. ...D.C. police Officer Daniel Hodges said in a January interview that one reason he did not draw his weapon during the riot was that police understood the crowd to be armed. “I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said. “And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first.”

Link

“I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said. “And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first.”

Yup. It was horrible enough for that to happen in America, but the people who did it wanted it to be a ****load worse. As in, an actual coup, where Biden's win doesn't get certified because of their insurrection and Trump ends up getting installed because this buys enough time for his other schemes to work.

The more evidence comes out about the 1/06 insurrection, the more crow the 1/06 minimizers are going to have to eat.

Everyone but the supporters of those attacks agrees: We are lucky we didn't lose the republic on that day.

The more evidence comes out about the 1/06 insurrection, the more crow the 1/06 minimizers are going to have to eat.

Everyone but the supporters of those attacks agrees: We are lucky we didn't lose the republic on that day.
Most of them will simply deny it, claim that they need to see more evidence, have an independent investigation because "you can't trust Biden's DOJ to be nonpartisan" :rolleyes:

Didn't people actually get shot by the police in that encounter, and no one returned fire?
First, a single person got shot by the police there and we don't know if any of those were armed or how many may have been. We also do not know if they assessed the situation and determined that with the other officers, the tactical officers so close, it would have been bad for them to open fire, reveal themselves, get themselves shot. There was no way they would have been able to actually shoot the officer who had killed Babbitt from the positions of any of those in the hall, even if one or more were armed.

Most of them will simply deny it, claim that they need to see more evidence, have an independent investigation because "you can't trust Biden's DOJ to be nonpartisan" :rolleyes:

Some are still claiming it was the right thing to do. "Because leftists and marxists."

I agree, but don't feel the republic is out of danger. Let's get another presidential election in the rearview mirror.

"As the Capitol was overrun on Jan. 6, armed supporters of President Donald Trump were waiting across the Potomac in Virginia for orders to bring guns into the fray
This reminds me of George Washington.

Appeal to Popularity... fallacy.

Link

So why didnt this 'quick reaction force' spring into action?

March 3, 2021

Jill Sanborn, the FBI’s Assistant Director for Counterterrorism, testified in front of the Senate’s Homeland Security Committee.

Johnson: How many firearms were confiscated in the Capitol or on Capitol grounds during that day?

Sanborn: To my knowledge, we have not recovered any on that day from any other arrests at the scene at this point, but I don’t want to speak on behalf of Metro and Capitol police, but, to my knowledge, none.

Johnson: So nobody has been charged with an actual firearms weapon in the Capitol or on Capitol grounds?

Sanborn: Correct. The closest we came was the vehicle that had the molotov cocktails in it and when we did a search of that vehicle later on there was a weapon, but…

Johnson: How many shots were fired that we know of?

Sanborn: I believe the only shots that were fired were the ones that resulted in the death of the one lady.

The only person shot was an unarmed female military veteran protestor.

March 3, 2021

Jill Sanborn, the FBI’s Assistant Director for Counterterrorism, testified in front of the Senate’s Homeland Security Committee.

Johnson: How many firearms were confiscated in the Capitol or on Capitol grounds during that day?

Sanborn: To my knowledge, we have not recovered any on that day from any other arrests at the scene at this point, but I don’t want to speak on behalf of Metro and Capitol police, but, to my knowledge, none.

Johnson: So nobody has been charged with an actual firearms weapon in the Capitol or on Capitol grounds?

Sanborn: Correct. The closest we came was the vehicle that had the molotov cocktails in it and when we did a search of that vehicle later on there was a weapon, but…

Sanborn: I believe the only shots that were fired were the ones that resulted in the death of the one lady.

From the source above:

"Officer Daniel Hodges said in a January interview that one reason he did not draw his weapon during the riot was that police understood the crowd to be armed. “I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said."

March 3, 2021

That was March 3. Now new information has come out that people were conspiring to do much more. Should we just ignore it and go home because they didn't get their chance?

First, a single person got shot by the police there and we don't know if any of those were armed or how many may have been. We also do not know if they assessed the situation and determined that with the other officers, the tactical officers so close, it would have been bad for them to open fire, reveal themselves, get themselves shot. There was no way they would have been able to actually shoot the officer who had killed Babbitt from the positions of any of those in the hall, even if one or more were armed.
So cops did fire, and no one fired back. Gotcha. Glad that no one else fired.

So cops did fire, and no one fired back. Gotcha. Glad that no one else fired.
Doesn't at all matter to what was being presented here or the actions allegedly planned by those who may have been armed or poised to call in armed reinforcements. We don't even know if any of those within that armed group (Oath Keepers?) were amongst the group Ashli Babbitt was part of. Those things matter.

Deplorables.

Trumpism is the ultimate American stain.

They were ready and had plans to attack. They got cold feet and didn't. You could also call it coming to their senses.

Link

Well it's a good thing the 1/6 Seditionists were incompetent.

Who was involved in a violent mob action.

So? Post to any message you posted that police should shoot violent mob protesters. You can't. You just want Republicans summarily executed.

Should have been a whole lot MORE!!!
The entire mass of Terrorist Insurrectionists involved in trying to enact their subversion, sedition and treasonous attack on American Democracy should have been swept clean by a fleet of AH-64 Apache Helicopters !!!!! And dump the bodies in a mass grave, to ensure to make a conclusive statement that never will America allow a Coup d'état by any white nationalist, racist, white supremacism terrorist and their band of race hate driven gang. Trump should have been given the exact same treatment that Saddam received!!!

Back
Top Bottom