• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

*** Are you willing to submit to Sharia Law? ***

Sharia courts do operate in Britain. They have no legal standing under British justice, however. They are totally voluntary and the courts have no right to enforce their judgements. They operate in the same way that Beth Din courts and Anglican and Catholic ecclesiastical courts have operated in Britain for centuries. Suggesting that Britain is under Sharia law is disingenuous at best.

You mean the homosexuals aren't being rounded up and stoned (in the bad way)? But....but....Sharia law! And...Muslims....and can't...can't stop them.....oh noes!

This thread is hilarious. The thought that "liberals" can't wait to submit Sharia Law, and we must "save" our country from such extremist is well silly. Sharia Law would never fly in America, and it will never be law. It goes against our Constitution, which is the law of the land. Very simple, end of discussion.

America is no longer Christian, so there is nothing called "Christian law."

There are more Mosques in the UK than churches and more Muslims than active, practicing Christian. The UK is truly "secular." The UK has now elected to use Sharia Law in certain courts to try marriage, infidelity, trust and criminal cases by procedure as long as British courts give acceptance (which most judicial courts now have).

As a homosexual I am against *ANY* religious law, especially *Sharia Law* because it is homophobic and anti-feminist. Sharia Law restricts a womans right to choose (Syria, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, 2005-2010) and arrests women who are "independent feminists." (Iran, 2009, 2010)

Roger that. You're in a good spot. You won't ever have to worry about any Sharia here in the U.S. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Ain't happenin'. Never.

This thread is hilarious. The thought that "liberals" can't wait to submit Sharia Law, and we must "save" our country from such extremist is well silly. Sharia Law would never fly in America, and it will never be law. It goes against our Constitution, which is the law of the land. Very simple, end of discussion.

Wait...UK has Sharia law, that means it's coming here! Don't you see? Soon we'll have to round up all the homosexuals; and in San Fran that's gonna take a long time. And then we have to round up all the women who think they're people! Then public executions! Don't you see, you can't stop it. If you oppose Sharia law you'll be thrown in jail! And the liberalz on the SCOTUS will totally make it legal! It's the end of the Republic....the endz I tell you!

Indeed. Sharia law would not fly in the UK, either - Sharia courts are allowed here, to settle minor domestic issues on the basis that it saves time for the crown prosecution service by allowing someone else to handle small, clear-cut cases. However, the notion that a Sharia court would have any kind of power to overrule UK law is patently absurd.

America is no longer Christian, so there is nothing called "Christian law."
Yes, there is. They are called Ecclesiastical Courts and both the Episcopalian and Catholic churches have them.

There are more Mosques in the UK than churches and more Muslims than active, practicing Christian. The UK is truly "secular."
What utter tosh! There are more Mosques than churches in the UK? Where did you get that utter fabrication? Yes, the UK is significantly secular but the majority of the population still identifies as Christian (53%/26.2 million). The total Moslem population of England is 2.4 million, that's half of the number of British people who attend church weekly, i.e. committed Christians. 4.9 million) Check out the facts. There are 1,600 Mosques and 16,000 churches in the UK, a simple Google search would have told you that.

http://www.tearfund.org/webdocs/Website/News/Final%20churchgoing%20report.pdf

The UK has now elected to use Sharia Law in certain courts to try marriage, infidelity, trust and criminal cases by procedure as long as British courts give acceptance (which most judicial courts now have).
These courts have no legal standing. None. Neither have Beth Din courts, which have been in existence for over 100 years.

As a homosexual I am against *ANY* religious law, especially *Sharia Law* because it is homophobic and anti-feminist. Sharia Law restricts a womans right to choose (Syria, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, 2005-2010) and arrests women who are "independent feminists." (Iran, 2009, 2010)[/COLOR]

Yes, it does, and I wouldn't want to submit to it or accept it as the basis for British or Spanish jurisprudence, but that's never going to happen and has never been proposed. If you are a proud gay man you should be ashamed of yourself whipping up unsubstantiated and disingenuous fears that serve to scapegoat another minority community. That's what generations of homophobic b@stards have done (and still do) to the gay community. This whole thread is scaremongering of the most dishonest and scurrilous kind.

Yeah, but, who was REALLY afraid when Chicken Little declared the sky was falling? Sure, it's a fear tactic. We get it. Nobody's falling for it or shaking in their little spaceboots. Except, perhaps, GayLibertarian, maybe.

In fact, the very idea of Sharia law here in the U.S. is so ludicrous, it's hard not to make a joke about it or the folks trembling in fear over it.

Just sayin'.

Yeah, but, who was REALLY afraid when Chicken Little declared the sky was falling? Sure, it's a fear tactic. We get it. Nobody's falling for it or shaking in their little spaceboots. Except, perhaps, GayLibertarian, maybe.

In fact, the very idea of Sharia law here in the U.S. is so ludicrous, it's hard not to make a joke about it or the folks trembling in fear over it.

Just sayin'.

I'd be laughing too were gl not seriously trying to spread hatred. He's clearly too ill-informed to succeed, but the intent is clear.

I'd be laughing too were gl not seriously trying to spread hatred. He's clearly too ill-informed to succeed, but the intent is clear.

Yeah, but over the years, with countless forum posts, one gets an ability to read anonomous posters to some degree. And I think GL is kinda cute with all the drama so don't go picking on him and making him feel bad for "spreading hate" as I am sure that is not his intention.

Nay, I say verily to thee, the better thought would be, "Before the grace of god go I." People's are people's and all of their mama's loved them. It's better to find something to love about somebody than to find something to hate. Sometimes it's a little harder to find but I think we should love people for who they are every chance we get. Even if they do get a little dramatic from time to time. We're all family here.

Yeah, but over the years, with countless forum posts, one gets an ability to read anonomous posters to some degree. And I think GL is kinda cute with all the drama so don't go picking on him and making him feel bad for "spreading hate" as I am sure that is not his intention.

Nay, I say verily to thee, the better thought would be, "Before the grace of god go I." People's are people's and all of their mama's loved them. It's better to find something to love about somebody than to find something to hate. Sometimes it's a little harder to find but I think we should love people for who they are every chance we get. Even if they do get a little dramatic from time to time. We're all family here.

You're a very forgiving and charitable person, perhaps more charitable than he deserves, but I appreciate the generosity of your post. More power to you!

This whole thread is scaremongering of the most dishonest and scurrilous kind.

But don't forget, it was a guy at Starbucks that gave him the inside skinny Sharia law and the takeover of the U.S.

Just another fringe-right boogyman.

But don't forget, it was a guy at Starbucks that gave him the inside skinny Sharia law and the takeover of the U.S.

Just another fringe-right boogyman.

I knew there was a good reason not to patronise Starbucks, apart from the brown, watery 'coffee' at $6 a cup, that is.

You're a very forgiving and charitable person, perhaps more charitable than he deserves, but I appreciate the generosity of your post. More power to you!

Well, my next door neighbor has a little tiny dashshund (sp?) puppy I call Rat Brain. (real name Trixie) She pees and and makes little poops in my yard and sometimes at night her yapping just make me want to go over and shove a milkbone down his throat. But her little head and little brain doesn't allow her to think much. But the puppy is doing what puppies do the way nature made them to be. And I absolutely love that little doggy. It's the best cuddle-puppy I have ever known.

If I can come to tolerate this little dog, and even learn to love it, do I not owe even more effort to try to love a human being?

It don't always work. But I'm trying.

No, this won't happen. We are not going to have laws which will allow for the discrimination of homosexuals just because there are Muslims in America. This is just stupid. No law which would allow for the oppression or subjugation of certain sects of our society will be permitted in our society. Take that to the bank. If you really think you have to fear Sharia law in this country, you belong in the conspiracy theory section. No way, no how. Bet your bottom dollar on that.

Ok, well maybe if you're gay and want to get married; but that one can hardly be blamed on Sharia law.

I'm not so much worried about me, gays or women who are non-Muslim. What about Muslims who are gay or women? Are we going to allow Sharia Law for them? Or do you think they are going to obey our laws? The women are already treated like second class citizens. They must pray behind a partition in the mosques.

I'm not so much worried about me, gays or women who are non-Muslim. What about Muslims who are gay or women? Are we going to allow Sharia Law for them? Or do you think they are going to obey our laws? The women are already treated like second class citizens. They must pray behind a partition in the mosques.

Aren't muslims already under Sharia Law, even if it's not enforced by any government? And they can always leave the religion. It's nothing the State can do I don't think.

Aren't muslims already under Sharia Law, even if it's not enforced by any government? And they can always leave the religion. It's nothing the State can do I don't think.

We don't allow a man to have more than one wife, no matter the religion.
Are we going to allow women to be raped by their husbands?

We don't allow a man to have more than one wife, no matter the religion.
Are we going to allow women to be raped by their husbands?

If a law is broken then the government will act. No matter what religion the person is. The Constitution trumps Sharia Law every time. Sharia Law will NEVER have any power, or authority in the US.

Q: Aren't muslims already under Sharia Law, even if it's not enforced by any government? And they can always leave the religion. It's nothing the State can do I don't think.

A: Muslims in the Middle East are under Sharia Law ... but not here.

Q: Can they leave their religion?

A: Absolutely not. Any Muslim who converts to Christianity, Judaism, etc. is automatically given a death sentence in an Islamic country. Islamic nations (by Sharia edict) have outlawed Christianity, Judaism and any other religion that does not /submit/ to Sharia Law. Hence, if you live in Saudi Arabia and have decided you do not wish to be Islamic. In order to convert to the belief of your choice (or no beleif) you must leave Saudi Arabia. If they find out your leaving the country to convert, you will be arrested by the Islamic Religious Police, held and then tried before an Sharia Law Court (who will find you guilty of course). Sally Field told a very powerful story in a Hollywood movie about living under the hell of Sharia Law in Iran ... and the attempt to leave.

BTW -------------- to answer the liberal-progressive who asked me for a "link". Your "link" was a devout Muslim, who was wearing Islamic attire that I chatted up at a Starbucks in Dallas a year ago. I met him in line while we were both purchasing coffee. We sat down, outside and had a two hour talk about Islam, Sharia Law, homosexuality and the efficacy or possibility of Sharia Law being applied in the United States or, barring that, the establishment of "Sharia Districts." He was quite nice, but with an icy, acidic feel to him (he was actually pretty good looking, even though he had a dark beard and glasses) and was in excellent physical shape. He refused to shake my hand ("because you are unclean") but we sat and had a *very civil* discussion.

When the discussion ended, I asked him, " ... if this were Saudi Arabia, would you have sat and talked with me?" He looked over at me with a smile and said, "... if this were Saudi Arabia, you would not exist."

This is hate.

Last edited:
It is my honest, true beleif that Islam is a religion of hate, bigotry, racism, homophobia and anti-Semitism in its current form.

This is hate.

It certainly is, and I think you're getting a kick out of spreading it.

andablue,

Your comment:

As a liberal progressive yourself, should I shut up? Be silent? In the face of hate?

After all, Hillary Clinton said "any dissent is American." True?

Or is dissent only allowed for "liberal progressives" such as yourself?

andablue,

Your comment:

As a liberal progressive yourself, should I shut up? Be silent? In the face of hate?

After all, Hillary Clinton said "any dissent is American." True?

Or is dissent only allowed for "liberal progressives" such as yourself?

I couldn't give a rat's a** what's American, or who says it. I'm calling you out for spreading lies, wild generalisations and generally trying to stir up hatred towards all Muslims. I don't share their religion or their values. I don't share your religion, I dare say, and, despite sharing a sexual orientation, I don't share your values either. I don't wish for safety, integration and liberty for gay people at the expense of other minority groups and I don't believe you safeguard the rights of your own community by attacking those of other minority communities.

I am calling YOU out as a racist, homophobe who supports a Temple of Hate. I am calling you out (and others like you) who seek to marginalize Gays, Lesbians, Transgendered Americans and Bisexuals who seek to live in a country with gay rights. You seek to destroy that by supporting homophobia, racism, bigotry and anti-Semitism.

You chose to back the Temple of Hate, that houses an ex-gay ministry.

Why?

Why did you choose to join sides with homophobic, anti-gay ex-gay ministries?

What is the problem with liberal-progressives today? Why would you seek the marginalization of a miniority?

Why are you a homophobe? Why do you hate Judaism and the State of Israel?

You need re-education and training in diversity my friend.

You demonize gays and lesbians.

Why?

Last edited:
I am calling YOU out as a racist, homophobe who supports a Temple of Hate. I am calling you out (and others like you) who seek to marginalize Gays, Lesbians, Transgendered Americans and Bisexuals who seek to live in a country with gay rights. You seek to destroy that by supporting homophobia, racism, bigotry and anti-Semitism.

You chose to back the Temple of Hate, that houses an ex-gay ministry.

Why?

Why did you choose to join sides with homophobic, anti-gay ex-gay ministries?

What is the problem with liberal-progressives today? Why would you seek the marginalization of a miniority?

Why are you a homophobe? Why do you hate Judaism and the State of Israel?

You need re-education and training in diversity my friend.

You demonize gays and lesbians.

Why?

Have you lost your power of literacy? Or are you one of those Daffydd Jenkins characters who believe they are the only gay in the village? I demonize gays and lesbians? Grow up. I've a feeling I've got more years gay activism under my belt than most posters here. You think I'm supporting Moslems because Islam's homophobic?

Will you tell him Kaya? Winston? Or shall I?

Back
Top Bottom