• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

*** Are you willing to submit to Sharia Law? ***

Why do you think it couldn't happen here?
In 2008 Islamic Law was adopted in Britain.The government sanctioned Sharia Judges to rule on cases such as domestic violence, divorce, and financial disputes.

only for muslims.

If they demand their own courts can we stop them? From what GayL is saying it's already going on or will be. How can we as Americans allow them to have their own laws that are against everything we stand for?

yes, actually, we can stop them. go incite this bs somewhere else.

liblady,

Why do you spew your homophobic, racist cant here?

As a liberal-progressive you have the right to be a Klansman. This forum is filled with Marxist, left-wing Klansmen and women.

But as a gay man who stands up for liberty, I will not be silent while you seek to establish a Temple of Hate in lower Manhattan.

Move to Saudi Arabia and I give you 2 days before your arrested by Sharia Law Religious Police and imprisoned.

liblady,

Why do you spew your homophobic, racist cant here?

As a liberal-progressive you have the right to be a Klansman. This forum is filled with Marxist, left-wing Klansmen and women.

But as a gay man who stands up for liberty, I will not be silent while you seek to establish a Temple of Hate in lower Manhattan.

Move to Saudi Arabia and I give you 2 days before your arrested by Sharia Law Religious Police and imprisoned.

this has got to be a joke.

Why do you think it couldn't happen here?
In 2008 Islamic Law was adopted in Britain.The government sanctioned Sharia Judges to rule on cases such as domestic violence, divorce, and financial disputes.

Because Sharia Law would be in conflict with our constitution and bill of rights, and thus, the supreme court would strike it down.

I believe there are certain jurisdictions in the US and Britain where family/domestic problems and disputes can be resolved under Jewish religious law, but only if both parties willingly consent to this. In addition, settlements in a religious court cannot super-cede or violate secular laws.

I very strongly doubt that Shari'a Law in-toto could be implemented in the United States. But to respond to your OP in-toto scenario, no thanks. I've seen Shari'a Law up close. Pashtunwali is even worse.

Back to the original question: Are you willing to submit to Sharia Law?

I feel it is a legitamate question.

I have asked several of my liberal friends and each refuses to answer. One said "yes" as long as "they have gay bars."

Progressives demonize Conservatives for the belief's of some. Yes, some conservatives are anti-gay, mostly just anti-gay marriage if anti-gay at all.
Progressives are going out of their way to stand up for a large group of people who demonize gays and women.
Somethings wrong with this picture.

The constitution and bill of rights have never had a basis in Christianity.
I'd say there's an indirect connection between parts of Christianity and the founding documents. The influence of Enlightenment thought (among other things) is far more profound, though.

Okay. I stand corrected. I take it back. GL is spreading hate and intolerance and bigotry and is doing it intentionally.

But I do find it rather odd, if not somewhat humorous, that a gay person is preaching intolerance. Of all people. That is somewhat out of the norm. Wouldn't you guys agree? Hell, even the gays here are telling him to S.T.F.U.

Too funny!

Barbb,

Your right.

When I lived in Seattle, I watched the "liberal progressive Peace March" in August 2003 when lib's were protesting the Iraq War Invasion. I counted two TWO, Nazi blood flags .... for my liberal friends: that is flag that has the swastika in the circle, for which 6,000,000 Jews, 5,000,000 Christians, and 22,000,000 Europeans and Russians were exteriminated under.

A Jewish lady who saw the flag, stepped out onto the street and tried to tell the college students who were carrying it (protesting "Zionist Israel") to stop it. She was hit in the face, spat on and kicked to the curb. Interestingly, a protestor came out of the protest march, picked her up and again argued with the studetns carring the Blut Fahne. She too was kicked and hit and the parade continued.

This is liberalism.

Last edited:
Okay. I stand corrected. I take it back. GL is spreading hate and intolerance and bigotry and is doing it intentionally. But I do find it rather odd, if not somewhat humorous, that a gay person is preaching intolerance. Of all people. That is somewhat out of the norm. Wouldn't you guys agree? Hell, even the gays here are telling him to S.T.F.U.

I am glad you took back your hateful comments.

You seek to demonize gays and lesbians and that is wrong. I accept your apology. And I accept your apology for your comments about Judaism.

Last edited:
I believe there are certain jurisdictions in the US and Britain where family/domestic problems and disputes can be resolved under Jewish religious law, but only if both parties willingly consent to this. In addition, settlements in a religious court cannot super-cede or violate secular laws.

I very strongly doubt that Shari'a Law in-toto could be implemented in the United States. But to respond to your OP in-toto scenario, no thanks. I've seen Shari'a Law up close. Pashtunwali is even worse.

i meant this poster has got to be joke...........

Progressives demonize Conservatives for the belief's of some. Yes, some conservatives are anti-gay, mostly just anti-gay marriage if anti-gay at all.
Progressives are going out of their way to stand up for a large group of people who demonize gays and women.
Somethings wrong with this picture.

what don't you understand about rights?

Progressives are the *RACIST* I have ever met.

I have listened to bigoted, racist progressives talk about "doing chocolate" at gay bars. Rich, elite, white, homosexuals who voted for Obama ... denigrating "lower class homosexuals" who "sex it up with chocolate." I was invited to parties thrown by rich, gay, white, elite, "educated" liberals and sat and listened to their racist comments about "sexy n-----s, "burrito queens" (hispanics) and other vile, disgusting comments." When I reminded them of Dr. King's words, I was tossed out of the party.

Later, several black gay men came together to talk about racism in the gay community. We discussed Chong Hun San's great disertation on racism in the Queer community by white, rich, liberal progressives.

Its vile.

Its hateful.

Its disgusting.

And those statements are made by white, rich, elite, gay liberal progressives.

DO NOT lecture me about tolerace.

Last edited:
Progressives are the *RACIST* I have ever met.

I have listened to bigoted, racist progressives talk about "doing chocolate" at gay bars. Rich, elite, white, homosexuals who voted for Obama ... denigrating "lower class homosexuals" who "sex it up with chocolate." I was invited to parties thrown by rich, gay, white, elite, "educated" liberals and sat and listened to their racist comments about "sexy n-----s, "burrito queens" (hispanics) and other vile, disgusting comments." When I reminded them of Dr. King's words, I was tossed out of the party.

Later, several black gay men came together to talk about racism in the gay community. We discussed Chong Hun San's great disertation on racism in the Queer community by white, rich, liberal progressives.

Its vile.

Its hateful.

Its disgusting.

And those statements are made by white, rich, elite, gay liberal progressives.

DO NOT lecture me about tolerace.

you're a gay black man? why did you go to the parties,plural? wasn't one enough?

i would agree, if true, that those comments are racist. but the question still remains, why are you AT those parties?

what don't you understand about rights?

I do understand rights. Progressives have the right to demonize conservatives as anti-gay while supporting an anti-gay religion. It just doesn't make much sense.

I do understand rights. Progressives have the right to demonize conservatives as anti-gay while supporting an anti-gay religion. It just doesn't make much sense.

Some Christians are anti gay yet I support there right to have that position in their private lives but not by law. Some people want to burn the flag and I support their right to expression but it is not something I would do.

I'm not so much worried about me, gays or women who are non-Muslim. What about Muslims who are gay or women? Are we going to allow Sharia Law for them? Or do you think they are going to obey our laws? The women are already treated like second class citizens. They must pray behind a partition in the mosques.

There is nothing that would bar those women or gay Muslims from accessing our legal system. I don't see what all the "sky is falling" arguments are all about. First off, it wouldn't be implemented. If individuals wanted to try to live by some Sharia law they can so long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others in the process. And there's the rub there for any amount of Sharia law. In the US law is based (well it's supposed to be based) on the rights and liberties of the individual. You cannot install a legal code which is counter to that, particularly one which is religious based. We don't have religious laws in America, so it wouldn't fly on that account alone. Couple in the innate nature of Sharia law which infringes upon the rights of women or gay men; and it's damned twice over. There will be no Sharia law in the US, and none which could supercede the Constitution or the rights of the individual. That is the end all be all of this topic.

Q: Can they leave their religion?

A: Absolutely not. Any Muslim who converts to Christianity, Judaism, etc. is automatically given a death sentence in an Islamic country.

You underlined the wrong thing, I corrected it here. The last I checked the US was not an Islamic country. It is a free country founded on secular government. So all this hoopla about Sharia law is BS scare tactics. It's not coming here. It can't come here. It's at odds with the Constitution and that makes it.....unconstitutional. We don't need to worry about it. Sharia law will never trump the Constitution or the rights of the individual.

You underlined the wrong thing, I corrected it here. The last I checked the US was not an Islamic country. It is a free country founded on secular government. So all this hoopla about Sharia law is BS scare tactics. It's not coming here. It can't come here. It's at odds with the Constitution and that makes it.....unconstitutional. We don't need to worry about it. Sharia law will never trump the Constitution or the rights of the individual.

I already tried to 'splain that. Our new friend doesn't get it.

I abhorr the treatment the Islamic religion puts upon homosexuals over in the Middle East and other "third world" countries. But that's not my battle. My battle is to see that our American GLBT citizens are awarded the same rights and privileges as any other American.

I think because we support religious tolerance and the freedom of religion, but aren't willing to go to those other countries and blow them up for it, we are now racist, homophobes (amongst a plethora of other insulting labels he has called us.)

He doesn't sound much different that the anti-gay crowd that comes around here bashing his/her kind.

Whatever. I just feel pity when someone can't understand the simplest facts, such as, Sharia law ain't never going to infest American shores. It's a non-issue.

Don't matter. At this rate our new friend will more than likely be banned here at DP in a matter of days for his manner (or lack thereof) of dialog. Much adoo over nothing.

Next..........................

As a gay man who rejects liberalism (racist, bigoted), you simply are unable to deal with that.

Thats fine "Captain America."

You and others simply refuse to debate *Sharia Law* and how it demonizes, terrorizes and murders gays and lesbians.

The last time I checked on the forum you opted OUT of answering that question, along with other lib-prog's. Thats your right.

We must stand up against bigotry, racism and hatred and this is what Sharia Law means to us: its is death to us, do you understand that?

Because you live in an ultra, uber-nice neighborhood, the gays living in Saudi live in fear, imprisonment.

Why have liberals rejected human rights?

Back
Top Bottom