• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you right or left libertarian ?

Are you right or left libertarian ?

• Total voters
I dont have a bad opinion about libertarians at all, in fact some of my best friends are libertarian communists ;)

Isn't what you said kinda like someone saying "I'm not racist, because some of my best friends are black"?

I usually hate these little charts. The questions they ask rarely have an answer that really represents my view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know what I find interesting after reading this definition? Who is it we find supporting political violence to stop an opposing voice? It's not the party the narrative says is fascist.

I find the ethnic binding to not be accurate. I think anything can be used to motivate the 'base' into the same behavior. Or I guess maybe it's a more modern "ethnicity" in an abstract sense.

Do individual workers have a right over their work? I believe that, and I also understand that the only way to ensure this is if they have collective bargaining and freely associated worker collectives. This is one of the fundamental reasons why corporations and large, privately-owned businesses are completely illegitimate, and the proof is in the pudding with regards current state of neoliberal capitalism. But I also believe that the government should exist, in most parts, to help the average citizen, and in many cases that means helping to promote a stronger economy.
What do you mean when you say - to help the average citizen? Free healthcare? Free education? Welfare?

Chomsky, LOL. That's like using Marx as an authority on Capitalism.

fascists hate communism

Of course they would - they're both competing for power. Power over who can wield government to their own ends. Fascists and communists are the same thing, totalitarians - and both are despicable.

In terms of death toll?? It's not even close... Hitler and the nazi's were rank amateurs compared to Lenin, Stalin, and Mao. Hitler is "credited" with killing 6 million Jews, and even if you want to throw in everyone that died in WW II, it still doesn't even come close to the human carnage unleashed by the communists.

So an ideology/philosophy murders 100's of millions of people, and you think, '... wow, this is really great. This is the kind of society I want to live in.'??

Chomsky, LOL. That's like using Marx as an authority on Capitalism.

No. It is like using Marx as an authority on communism.

I'm not sure why there is even an option for Left-Libertarian or Right-Libertarian on this site.

People that are Libertarian-ish are what's wrong with the party.

No. It is like using Marx as an authority on communism.

He thought it was a great theory, I take it; and that it would really work.

thanks for voting.You libertarians may comment on why you are left or right

It is my belief that the majority of people who define themselves " right" libertarians vs "left" put an emphasis on economic freedom as in privatization, deregulation and use the term free markets; while the other side sees there is some harm to this type of laissez-faire economic system which has its limitations and flaws.

Thomas Jefferson would've been considered a left libertarian if they'd existed in his day.

I see there are people who label themselves "Libertarian left" in the forum. I really did not know there were left leaning libertarians before this forum...and I still have trouble with the concept.

Of course, I am not partial to labels anyway.

I see there are people who label themselves "Libertarian left" in the forum. I really did not know there were left leaning libertarians before this forum...and I still have trouble with the concept.

I agree, Mr Apisa.

I don't care for labels myself, and see no profit in rushing to put labels upon oneself.

It's okay to have libertarian views, some liberal views, some conservative views, and to also be evolving and undecided.

Life isn't always black or white.
There are the uncomfortable grays, and that's perfectly alright.
:/

There is no practical small government way of building an interstate highway system, securing our borders or defending our nation from outside invasion. IMHO, what makes a right libertarian is honestly evaluating the role and level of government required to provide adequate safety, order and infrastructure while preserving maximum practical individual freedom.

Someone wasn't around when the interstate highway system was built, state by state, with a few states not building for years.

I think it depends on your emphasis. For some leftists, libertarians begin and end with legalizing all drugs. Some conservatives think I'm a leftist because I don't hate Jews, Muslims, blacks, or homosexuals.

Back
Top Bottom