• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are we powerless?

If we aren't able to influence through intellectual discourse with other intellectual people, it sure isn't going to happen on any other scale.

Perhaps not. The trouble is that you need to influence non-intellectual people too. In large enough numbers to make a difference.

Hey, I'm doing plenty. But there's only so many guns 1 man can stockpile. But as far as the boards. I don't think the boards are devices to reach people and change minds. Because most people on boards such like this have already concluded things for themselves. Here is a chance to hear out other arguments, get information and sources on other arguments, pit your arguments and proofs against others, refine your arguments with people of like mind or challenge others. It's a way to make your political arguments better so when you're out you have a better chance of presenting your political platform well and coherently.
....to the common folk. I didn't mean to say that message boards don't serve a purpose. It's just that the thought behind this thread is to change government for the better. You have to bring Mohamed to the mountain. Drag if necessary.

The general consensus seems to be that both Dems and GOPs wish for a better system. This is a good thread.

Depower the Federal government.

The dyslexia is strong with me today. I read this as "Deflower the federal government"

I thought "There's no way the federal government is a virgin... it's been ****ing the American people for decades"

The dyslexia is strong with me today. I read this as "Deflower the federal government"

I thought "There's no way the federal government is a virgin... it's been ****ing the American people for decades"

Hehehe.. Post of the day!! ^^^

:)

Tim-

Its not entirely hopeless yet but it would be a difficult process with how our government has been warped over the last decade.

Your "We have the power to influence those within our sphere..." is right out of it. Think I'll pull it out again. Think I've read it five times.

I've never read it, but it's true. As much as some people want to believe that we are all one big happy family, we are really one big disconnected dysfunctional mess. Utopia doesn't exist, and for it to exist, we would all have to be like-minded with similar goals and dreams. Everyone would have to be willing to pull his share of the load or at least lend a helping hand. As a nation, we have become divided into those who desire to help pull the load, and those who are determined to ride. Because I can't change anything on a grand scale, I change the things I can, and I do my part. I do not feel guilty for the successes I achieve, and I love my life. Do I like seeing what's happening to my country? Not by a long shot, but I have the intelligence to know that I can't change anything besides myself and make a positive impact on those with whom I come into contact. Things are a real big mess, here and around the world. I see it on an increasing level on my job. People are feeling the stress, and they are reacting. I just put up with their irritation and their rude behavior, but when I leave at the end of the day, I leave their crap with them. I do not bring it home, and I don't let it ruin my life. That's all I can do.

A good brain and a gun are a great combination. No one said it would be easy either, but it's sometimes necessary.

With the situation as is, a good brain would feel that the necessity of picking up a gun is still too remote. Gandhi turned the table in India without a gun, Matin L. King has made the enslavering system to work the other way without a gun. In America, how many lives do you think to be the right cost to realize your goal under gun points?

Be more responsible; show people that you do have a good brain to be aware that the other side has cannon, missles, H-bomb...

They have remained virgins the catholic way ( they give it in the rear)

Back
Top Bottom