• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are things about to get ugly in America

Are things about to get ugly in America

• Total voters
Or you just don't want to have a debate. All you needed to do was cross-reference whether or not the number of black criminals being shot in 2019 (the year of the crime stats I linked to) fatally by police accurately matches your insistence that the Black Lives Matter movement is in the right for inciting protests about disproportionate black lives killed, and then post it. You couldn't be bothered to do that and you couldn't be bothered to reply to at most 3 or 4 paragraphs.

Hell, I'll do the former for you:

^according to the statitistics page above, there were 370 white people killed by police in the year 2019 and only 235 fatalities of blacks.

Yet, the rate of offenders in homicides is disproportionately black in the case of males (by far the more offending gender), with upwards of 2500 black offenders as opposed to 1892 for white men. More homicides offended by a control group = more killings of police officers by said control group. White women and especially white men kill at far lower rates, yet every Democrat nominee since 2012 has come out in support of BLM when it's built on a lie. This is the lack of intellectual honesty among the Left that I was talking about, something which you ignore in your bias while insisting that a lack of elected black officials (I named a couple in my earlier post) is a bad thing, citing my lengthy posts (not one was essay-level long) as a reason for why you won't argue.

You have no case, but I rest my own. I think the right are liars but if they produce drones it's because of religion, not ignorance and strawmanning in calling anyone who disagrees a bigot the way I've seen leftists argue.
Lol, you sure wasted a lot of time and effort responding to something I never wrote. I am kind of flattered though that from my one line response about someone else, that you would go out of your way to try to make a giant statistical argument to convince me of homicide rates and police shootings. Neither of which I referenced.

Lol, you sure wasted a lot of time and effort responding to something I never wrote. I am kind of flattered though that from my one line response about someone else, that you would go out of your way to try to make a giant statistical argument to convince me of homicide rates and police shootings. Neither of which I referenced.
But you did say BLM protests have a leg to stand on and that my criticism of it was racist, while saying that since around 5% of its protests went violent (never addressing the fact that 1 in 20~22 going violent while profiling every gathering that had more than 2 people gather nationwide is a lot of violent protests). All of which is statistically incorrect. BLM insists that police disproportionately targets blacks for excessive force and murder yet stats show largely the opposite, which makes leftists disingenuous in supporting it and crying racism when others disagree. There, that wasn't so long, was it?

So, back to the original topic that was mentioned in my name: About where do you two get me being racist and not a centrist from? Because I sure as hell am not 100% conservative or liberal, I just have a good eye for bullshit. I also haven't written more than 150 words in any of my posts in this thread.

But you did say BLM protests have a leg to stand on and that my criticism of it was racist, while saying that since around 5% of its protests went violent (never addressing the fact that 1 in 20~22 going violent while profiling every gathering that had more than 2 people gather nationwide is a lot of violent protests). All of which is statistically incorrect. BLM insists that police disproportionately targets blacks for excessive force and murder yet stats show largely the opposite, which makes leftists disingenuous in supporting it and crying racism when others disagree. There, that wasn't so long, was it?

So, back to the original topic that was mentioned in my name: About where do you two get me being racist and not a centrist from? Because I sure as hell am not 100% conservative or liberal, I just have a good eye for bullshit.
I wrote none of that. Don’t know what you’re saying.

I wrote none of that. Don’t know what you’re saying.
You two have similar avatars and said similar stuff about my posts being too long or racist or something to that implication, I implicitly lumped you two by accident. If you don't have a horse in this race, I'll stop retorting to you. My point is that people act like you can't say BLM is stupid and dishonest and then post some stats about it without being a racist alt-righter and I digress with that. Plenty of stupidity out there being doled out from both the left and the right, and in the case of BLM it's definitely leftist stupidity.

There is a culture war in the United States and it's been far too often fought with misinformation and lying narratives and demonization of the other side rather than in truth.

Or you just don't want to have a debate. ...snip....
Kenshito, I applaud your enthusiasm, but you will soon find that there is actually no debate here on DEBATE Politics. The left just regurgitate the same old talking points they hear on MSM and never actually consider if what they are saying is true or if they actually even agree with it or not. If you really want to debate politics, you will have to find another venue for that. Now if you want a good daily laugh, you can come here and read the stuff the left cook up to hide their true selves. Now that's entertainment.

Things HAVE been bad. A steady descent into partisan extremism, misinformation for profit, and a corporate controlled government hellbent on environmental and civil rights abuses.
^ this has been much worse since January 22, 1973. Maybe the healing will begin as the imperative to protect a poorly decided decision has been removed. Tougher to make law than to declare law though. Do the work.

Kenshito, I applaud your enthusiasm, but you will soon find that there is actually no debate here on DEBATE Politics. The left just regurgitate the same old talking points they hear on MSM and never actually consider if what they are saying is true or if they actually even agree with it or not. If you really want to debate politics, you will have to find another venue for that. Now if you want a good daily laugh, you can come here and read the stuff the left cook up to hide their true selves. Now that's entertainment.
Honestly at this point it's pretty low-effort "debating" for me. I've had these shitshows with progressives on Discord channels before and it's just a matter of recalling a keyword from previous conversations where I disproved them and copying and pasting URLs.

In the immortal words of wise men Malcolm X and George Carlin:

There's nothing more dangerous than a white liberal, there is no such thing. They are sneaky and sly, like a fox. You can see a wolf coming, even in the forest, but a fox is most dangerous in that habitat, and it will smile at you and bare its fangs, pretending to be your friend.

Political correctness (left-wingers' bread and butter) is just fascism pretending to be manners.

It's been really getting ugly since Trump won in 2016 - the progressives wouldn't let up!

Of course.....it'll only get worse. With everything going on, especially with the economy - it's building up to become the perfect storm.
USA is sitting on a powder keg right now.

About to get uglier.

They already really started getting ugly on June 16th, 2015.

I voted “other”.
Things are already ugly.

Or you just don't want to have a debate. All you needed to do was cross-reference whether or not the number of black criminals being shot in 2019 (the year of the crime stats I linked to) fatally by police accurately matches your insistence that the Black Lives Matter movement is in the right for inciting protests about disproportionate black lives killed, and then post it. You couldn't be bothered to do that and you couldn't be bothered to reply to at most 3 or 4 paragraphs.

Hell, I'll do the former for you:

^according to the statitistics page above, there were 370 white people killed by police in the year 2019 and only 235 fatalities of blacks.

Yet, the rate of offenders in homicides is disproportionately black in the case of males (by far the more offending gender), with upwards of 2500 black offenders as opposed to 1892 for white men. More homicides offended by a control group = more killings of police officers by said control group. White women and especially white men kill at far lower rates, yet every Democrat nominee since 2012 has come out in support of BLM when it's built on a lie. This is the lack of intellectual honesty among the Left that I was talking about, something which you ignore in your bias while insisting that a lack of elected black officials (I named a couple in my earlier post) is a bad thing, citing my lengthy posts (not one was essay-level long) as a reason for why you won't argue.

You have no case, but I rest my own. I think the right are liars but if they produce drones it's because of religion, not ignorance and strawmanning in calling anyone who disagrees a bigot the way I've seen leftists argue.
Do you have stats for the number of unarmed persons killed be Police?

Do you have stats for the number of unarmed persons killed be Police?
Not one I can find off a quick Google search (it's past midnight in the timezone I'm presently in), but the rates of black people shot down by cops are pretty consistently in the 25~33% bracket with 27% being the number for last year. This is a far, far cry short of their massive overrepresentation in homicides (the number one killer of black people), rapes and armed robberies (a crime of which 60% of its offenders are black). Also worth noting that black shooting victims killed by police are actually 2x overrepresented in the number of successful manslaughter or murder charges filed against police vis a vis the rest of the population, things not usually talked about by progressives. Also, the installation of black boxes in police cars actually led to an increase in shootings as cops felt that footage would strengthen their innocence in IAB and courts. To this date I've seen nothing indicating a bias in police shootings of black assailants, although black and Hispanics have been pulled over more frequently (it's worth noting that they make up the majority of gang members in the country, collectively outnumbering whites, Asians and Native Americans).

Translation: Every American female's inherent right to decide what to do, and not do, with their bodily autonomy was doomed to be repealed at some point.
Maybe more of them should decide to keep their legs together... ya think?;)

If a 12 year old child gets raped and impregnated, that 12 year old female child must carry to term, if the state declares as such, or face becoming a criminal.
No, not true, and each state may have different laws on abortions after there is fetal heart tone, or some other point in which that state considers a fetus will feel pain, or otherwise be considered viable. Some states already have an exception for rape and incest beyond the abortion limit other may not. But this all doesn't end with the Dobbs ruling, more lawsuits will surely follow and work their way through the courts.

The SCOTUS mentions more than once "undue burden" as it may apply to a woman's right to have a therapeutic abortion BEFORE that state determines the cut off over consideration of a fetus (developing human being). If a state imposes an undue burned before their legal limit, then they will likely be smacked down for that. We'll just now have to wait and see, and which states presume to go too far with creating a burden.

Much of the left hysteria however is based on the fact that banning or limiting abortions beyond say 15 weeks, has a very detrimental effect on the ECONOMICS of the abortion TRADE. All of those fetuses now which clinics cannot collect payment for terminating has a negative effect on the profits, and that is why many clinics will close is those states. Not because they must, but because now there isn't as much money in it.

Maybe more of them should decide to keep their legs together... ya think?;)

No, not true, and each state may have different laws on abortions after there is fetal heart tone, or some other point in which that state considers a fetus will feel pain, or otherwise be considered viable. Some states already have an exception for rape and incest beyond the abortion limit other may not. But this all doesn't end with the Dobbs ruling, more lawsuits will surely follow and work their way through the courts.

The SCOTUS mentions more than once "undue burden" as it may apply to a woman's right to have a therapeutic abortion BEFORE that state determines the cut off over consideration of a fetus (developing human being). If a state imposes an undue burned before their legal limit, then they will likely be smacked down for that. We'll just now have to wait and see, and which states presume to go too far with creating a burden.

Much of the left hysteria however is based on the fact that banning or limiting abortions beyond say 15 weeks, has a very detrimental effect on the ECONOMICS of the abortion TRADE. All of those fetuses now which clinics cannot collect payment for terminating has a negative effect on the profits, and that is why many clinics will close is those states. Not because they must, but because now there isn't as much money in it.
Self insamination is the culprit.

Wrong
Almost all the mass shootings are done by white Christian conservative males...

Yeah, I’m sure Jesus made them do it. 😕 Sounds live complete hogwash. Can you cite a source connecting mass shootings with Christianity?

Good to know you'll strawman me off the bat.

You put those words on the script, silly. Not I. Most sane women wouldn't sabotage condoms, complete non-sequitir. I also know you "progressives" wouldn't be able to address what I said about paid maternity leave and progressive policies of that nature leading to smaller female wages and less promotions for females that you then blame on sexism.

The US has weak employee protection laws, and very limited unionism. But you have to start somewhere, and paid maternity leave is as good a place as any.

Ideally a fetus that has been conceived and has formed its own genetic code and 23 sets of chromosomes should not be terminated, whether or not it's past the first trimester.

That's not even a fetus you're talking about, but I guess I can cut you some slack for saying "ideally".

The morning-after pill is safe enough that women can take one even if there's no clear reason to suspect contraception has failed. I expect that will happen a lot, but if you're OK with it then I am. It's a woman's choice.

But even if the right to terminate a fetus within the first trimester isn't granted on a federal scale the states in which the abolition of Roe v. Wade has been protested in with clinics being attacked, are ironically the ones that will never disallow it on a statewide level (CA, NY, and so on).

I can see you're talking about early term abortions, which are the vast majority of abortions, but I wish I could tell what you're actually trying to say.

Banning abortion is basically slavery: slavery of women to fetuses. Of course women in New York or California have a stake in what Kentucky or Mississippi do, it's a blight on their country. That they should mind their own business is just what an apologist for slavery would say.

With Roe overturned, a stunning and anti-woman decision... and Conservatives executing people left and right and then complaining they have a right to own guns without being in the militia... and all of the racism and sexism and anti-LBGTQ and all of it... are things about to get really bad in America?
Oh, yeah! Bring it!
https://webcache.googleusercontent....-sexual-misconduct/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
or ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/06/11/people-praise-barrett-sexual-misconduct/
June 11, 2021
"An article in the summer 2015 issue of People of Praise’s magazine, based on a speech given years earlier by Jeanne DeCelles, wife of co-founder Paul DeCelles, advised wives to verbalize to their husbands a “commitment to submission” and to “make it a joy for him to head you.” ...

Where did I imply that Jesus had a hand in any of it?

You didn't. You said Christians did--the people who presumably follow the Christ--Jesus. You know, THAT guy. The one who presumably tells THEM to do things, normally things that we don't consider evil. I'm asking you not to dodge the question and actually offer up evidence that most mass shootings are committed by Christians. You said they're "done" by Christians. That's crap, as we can see in the clever segue you did with your "enabling" link.

Last edited:
You didn't. You said Christians did--the people who presumably follow the Christ--Jesus. You know, THAT guy. The one who presumably tells THEM to do things, normally things that we don't consider evil. I'm asking you not to dodge the question and actually offer up evidence that most mass shootings are committed by Christians. You said they're "done" by Christians. That's crap, as we can see in the clever segue you did with your "enabling" link.
Where do you want to start, Columbus, or perhaps earlier? ... later is fine, as well.

Last edited:
When "Christians have done bad" arguments come up people usually counter with, "they are not Christians if they do bad since they are not following the teaching of Jesus "as a retort, making the whole exercise moot. This was done when the argument that the KKK were Protestant Christians as well.

When "Christians have done bad" arguments come up people usually counter with, "they are not Christians if they do bad since they are not following the teaching of Jesus "as a retort, making the whole exercise moot. This was done when the argument that the KKK were Protestant Christians as well.

Stop deflecting. Either offer up some stats or sit down.

"Most mass shootings are done by Christians" would be the default hypothesis, surely? Just like "most dinners are cooked by Christians"

70% of Americans are Christians, and that's plenty enough to guess "most".

Stop deflecting. Either offer up some stats or sit down.
I did not deflect. You asked for a source. I gave a source. You dismissed it without making any attempt at a valid argument. THAT is deflection.

Back
Top Bottom