• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are The POTUS Debates Completely Worthless At This Point?

Are the 2020 POTUS Debates Completely Worthless?

• Don't know, don't care, won't watch any of it at all. Whole thing a a sham.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just have to listen to liberals/progressives/idiots and it confirms why I will vote for Trump.

I base my opinions, and my votes on the actual candidates.

For this election - anybody but Trump is the clear choice.

Stop basing your votes on the voters, and actually focus on the candidates.
Perhaps you'll be a tad bit more valuable that way. Perhaps.

I just have to listen to liberals/progressives/idiots and it confirms why I will vote for Trump.

Have you listened to many progressives? What is it specifically that you find so unappealing about progressive rhetoric that you'd rather vote for the worst businessman in the world, who also happens to be a low-intelligence authoritarian fascist?

I like them if they are fair. At least in the debates candidates usually give actual answers on live TV. Fair can be a problem, but it is what it is. Beats a canned fake interview.
This debate is to see Biden under pressure, and if we should believe our lying eyes about his senility. If he’s chipper as a puppy, he’s on “juice”, if not he’s Old, Slo, Joe.
I don’t know a better way other than a dozen subject specific 1/2 hour debates amounting to “nerd food”.

It'll be very entertaining when Biden defends himself with a push-up challenge or when he gets angry and threatens to take Trump out behind the gym.

(Just make sure there's no little girls...older girls...married women...grandmothers...or little boys...around.)

i just hope he tell trump to grow the **** up when trump starts talking about he size of his hands or drug tests

Are the 2020 POTUS debates completely worthless at this point?

What are the odds anyone out there might have their mind changed by watching the train-wreck that's about to unfold?

Other than strengthen your resolve around your own preferred candidate, do you honestly think the debates serve any purpose this year at all?
Can anyone actually still be "sitting on the fence" about who to vote for, or against?

No, the debates are not "worthless." The point is not for the sake of the candidates, or to change the mind of voters. It is for the candidates to make their case to the American people as to why their particular vision is better and to defend their record against the opposition. The debates, ideally, are meant to serve the people. At the very least, they will be used for posterity to show how far we have sunk.

In this case the debates are important so Joe Biden's dementia and incompetence to be president will be obvious to all of America

What are the odds anyone out there might have their mind changed by watching the train-wreck that's about to unfold?

Other than strengthen your resolve around your own preferred candidate, do you honestly think the debates serve any purpose this year at all?
Can anyone actually still be "sitting on the fence" about who to vote for, or against?

Only undecided voters are allowed to attend debates, which has always been the tradition. There are still people who think, "I definitely will not vote for Biden/Trump, but am not sure if I should vote for the other guy or neither of them." Others of course think, "I probably will vote for Biden/Trump, but it is not set in stone yet." Then there are people who paid no attention to federal politics before this year because they previously were ineligible to vote. So yes, the debates are important to help many Americans decide which candidate to vote for, including the vice presidential debate.

Of course, I have always known to vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is, but I know very little about Kamala Harris, so watching her is very important to me anyway. I know other Joe Biden supporters are in the same boat.

Have you listened to many progressives? What is it specifically that you find so unappealing about progressive rhetoric that you'd rather vote for the worst businessman in the world, who also happens to be a low-intelligence authoritarian fascist?
I think it's the intrusion by government into things that should be a matter of personal responsibility. Of course this is peak hypocrisy from a party that has historically intruded in the bedroom and doctor's offices and attempted (often successfuly) to inject their brand of mythos into every aspect of public life.

In this case the debates are important so Joe Biden's dementia and incompetence to be president will be obvious to all of America

A demented, incompetent person has been in the White House for the past 3.5 years.
Something that's obvious to the whole world.

Only undecided voters are allowed to attend debates, which has always been the tradition.

I refuse to believe anybody with some kind of working brain cells can be "undecided" for this election.

You either support/back Trump, or you don't.

I refuse to believe anybody with some kind of working brain cells can be "undecided" for this election.

You must be one of those shoppers who pick up a shirt off the rack and head straight to the checkout.

This year, I believe they are. Both candidates are gaffe machines. One side will point out the gaffes of one candidate while ignoring those of the other, and vice versa. Unless one of them shits themselves, I don't see any movement in the polls with debates this go round.

I believe if there was a big audience like in years past, that would benefit Trump, but without them, he falls flat.

So, what is a "gaffe"? Do lies count? And, in the gaffe count, who's ahead and by how much, roughly?

What if that person just turned 18?

What if that person just turned 18?

What about it?

They've been alive and watching everything unfolding before them in a live atmosphere.

18 year olds this election season have had the ability to be a million times more prepared to make a decision than at any time in past history.

What about it?

They've been alive and watching everything unfolding before them in a live atmosphere.

18 year olds this election season have had the ability to be a million times more prepared to make a decision than at any time in past history.

Most teenagers did not pay attention to federal politics before entering 12th grade, which is when they take government classes. Of course 18-year old voters know more about both candidates than they did when Joe Biden was in the Senate. If you think kids know what he did as the Vice President for eight years, however, that is not a logical assumption. There are many people who wait until they are eligible to vote before thinking about things like that.

A demented, incompetent person has been in the White House for the past 3.5 years.
Something that's obvious to the whole world.

Incompetent....sure

What he is is a successful billionaire businessman with a worldwide business empire who has gone on to be the most successful president of a generation.....his opponent is a career Politian with almost no accomplishments to show for a 47 year political career and who is now an old man with dementia....please go away Joe!

Sorry but you don't have the huge number of accomplishments that Trump has and be incompetent....

Responses like yours.

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I base my opinions, and my votes on the actual candidates.

For this election - anybody but Trump is the clear choice.

Stop basing your votes on the voters, and actually focus on the candidates.
Perhaps you'll be a tad bit more valuable that way. Perhaps.

I base my opinions on the actual candidates, who they appoint, what their position is on topics that I find important. Biden is more weak wristed Obama, sleazy Clinton, and groveling liberals. No thanks.

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

The POTUS debates are very important so the American people can see with their own eyes just how ****ing terrible these two candidates are.

And realize they'll have to pick one so the other POS isn't president.

How do you propose I accurately call Trump out in such a way that would please you?
"Trump is wasting his valuable time trying to work within the system, when he should be worshiped as the god-emperor he will become in time."

How do you propose I accurately call Trump out in such a way that would please you?
You asked me what I found "unappealing about progressive rhetoric". You may call him out in anyway you wish, because coming from a "progressive", it means nothing.

Back
Top Bottom