• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are The POTUS Debates Completely Worthless At This Point?

Are the 2020 POTUS Debates Completely Worthless?

• Don't know, don't care, won't watch any of it at all. Whole thing a a sham.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Are the 2020 POTUS debates completely worthless at this point?

What are the odds anyone out there might have their mind changed by watching the train-wreck that's about to unfold?

Other than strengthen your resolve around your own preferred candidate, do you honestly think the debates serve any purpose this year at all?
Can anyone actually still be "sitting on the fence" about who to vote for, or against?
It's like watching a reality show or rubbernecking when there has been a terrible accident on the highway. You just have to see it.

It's like watching a reality show or rubbernecking when there has been a terrible accident on the highway. You just have to see it.

I don't think anybody watches these debates for any other reason than to gather ammunition against the person they oppose.

Guarantee that on Wednesday around here, the Trump folks will declare it a win for Trump, and the Biden folks will declare it a win for Biden.

These debates will NOT change anybody's mind.

Train Wreck.

You asked me what I found "unappealing about progressive rhetoric". You may call him out in anyway you wish, because coming from a "progressive", it means nothing.

Progressives can't call him out. Centrists can't call him out. Conservatives can't call him out. His former lawyer and personal fixer can't call him out. His own family can't call him out. At some point you'll have to realize that the constant value in the equation is Trump.

If everyone who drinks from a well becomes sick, perhaps you should look to the water in the well, and not the people drinking it.

Wouldn't option #2 be the closest choice to your position on this?

Closest, yes. But the "every second" part is why I said "limited period of time", to give my reason for deciding none of the above. The rest was close enough.

Can anyone actually still be "sitting on the fence" about who to vote for, or against?

Of course, not!

The debates are just fun.

They will NOT change anyone's mind.

As a Trump supporter, I am hoping that Mr. Biden shows how mentally & physically weak he is. (Supposedly, his handlers are demanding a rest break every 30 minutes.)

I imagine that Biden supporters are hoping (but not expecting) him to avoid serious gaffes.

No matter how either gentleman does, the Dem media will proclaim Mr. Biden the "winner" tonight.

And, of course, there will be NO MORE debates.

I voted no, the debates are not worthless. Although I already know I'm voting for Biden and would never vote for a conman like Trump, there are other voters who want to hear and learn more.

I know that Trump can't debate and will put on a childish shit show, and Biden will try and answer questions like a patriotic adult and give Americans as much information about his plans as President as he can. Whenever Trump opens his fat stinkhole it's a train wreck, but I don't consider the debates in general as such.

What are the odds anyone out there might have their mind changed by watching the train-wreck that's about to unfold?

Other than strengthen your resolve around your own preferred candidate, do you honestly think the debates serve any purpose this year at all?

I think they can have an effect. I know people are worried Biden won't be able to make it through multiple debates and that is why we should have them.

I know people are worried Biden won't be able to make it through multiple debates and that is why we should have them.

You know people HOPE that Biden won't be able to make it through multiple debates.

You know people HOPE that Biden won't be able to make it through multiple debates.

Seeing as he can't even get through scripted interviews or Townhalls with approved and scripted questions, it's not a guess that is coming from right field.

As a Trump supporter, I am hoping that Mr. Biden shows how mentally & physically weak he is. (Supposedly, his handlers are demanding a rest break every 30 minutes.)
Biden is not mentally or physically weak compared to Trump. Biden gets out and exercises like riding bicycles and running, Trump doesn't drag his bloated ass off of a golf cart, for Christ's sake.

I have not heard that Biden's "handlers" are demanding rest breaks, another right wing lie to try and make Donnie Dunce look better. You guys are desperate! Here's your traitor's mental strength. :rolleyes:

Anyone who claims to be undecided at this point is probably lying.

Are these the same people taking all those anti-catholic shots at Amy ChirstWafer Bathroom? Cause I keep hearing how terrified we are of Biden appearing at the debates and yet...in 24 hours he will. He’ll be standing right there next to your dude. Not a single moment of hesitation about it, either.

And then Donald Trump will begin saying words.

Where did you get your name making skills?

So - you still on the fence?
Or have you fallen/jumped off to one side or the other?
Thanks for being concerned. I’m still analyzing the transcript from the first debate. There are two more to go. Nothing in the first one impressed me. Trump was Trump. Biden was Biden. And Wallace did as I suspected he would. Debate Trump.

Thanks for being concerned. I’m still analyzing the transcript from the first debate. There are two more to go. Nothing in the first one impressed me. Trump was Trump. Biden was Biden. And Wallace did as I suspected he would. Debate Trump.

I wish I could believe you.

My money is on you're a Trump voter and you're either playing some games, or you're just to ashamed to admit it at this point in time.

I mean come on, analyzing the transcript????

I wish I could believe you.

My money is on you're a Trump voter and you're either playing some games, or you're just to ashamed to admit it at this point in time.

I mean come on, analyzing the transcript????
I’m not asking you to believe me. I know you’re wanting to call me a liar outright. Go ahead. You won’t hurt my feelings.

Yes, with all the clatter on the stage one can gain more insight by looking closer at what was actually asked and how it was answered. November the 3rd is still a long way off. I’m in no hurry.

I recognize that this thread was pre-debate, but I wanted to say this: Presidential Debates CAN be very illuminating and worthwhile. As long as Trump is participating, however, they can never be substantive. Illumination does not always mean substantive. I think this debate illuminated a number of issues of import - most particularly temperament - that should make voting easier.

After last night's shit show? Yes, totally worthless from a policy perspective.

But it did show Americans exactly how rude, vindictive, and un-presidential Donald Trump is.

I recognize that this thread was pre-debate, but I wanted to say this: Presidential Debates CAN be very illuminating and worthwhile. As long as Trump is participating, however, they can never be substantive. Illumination does not always mean substantive. I think this debate illuminated a number of issues of import - most particularly temperament - that should make voting easier.
I don’t vote on the basis of personalities. Some of the nastiest people have been presidents. Ad Homs from both candidates were on display last night. By your logic then, both should be disqualified.

After last night's shit show? Yes, totally worthless from a policy perspective.

But it did show Americans exactly how rude, vindictive, and un-presidential Donald Trump is.

For real

Nothing of substance came out of this debate

It couldn't with Trump's childish behavior

Future debates will have the same outcome. You are not going to hear either candidate's position on the issues. Trump won't allow it.

These debates have deteriorated into another trump reality show full of fiction.

Back
Top Bottom