• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are The POTUS Debates Completely Worthless At This Point?

Are the 2020 POTUS Debates Completely Worthless?

• Don't know, don't care, won't watch any of it at all. Whole thing a a sham.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Could this be a preview of the debate? I can’t imagine Wallace helping sweet ole Joe out like this reporter did.

It’s 3 & 5 for me.

I'm sorry, but I fail to believe you're even remotely serious.

As of today (September 28th, 2020), you do NOT know who you might vote for regarding POTUS in November????
You're undecided? Really?

I'm sorry, but I fail to believe you're even remotely serious.

As of today (September 28th, 2020), you do NOT know who you might vote for regarding POTUS in November????
You're undecided? Really?
Fortunately, for me, I don’t act according to your belief.

Fortunately, for me, I don’t act according to your belief.

Never asked you to believe me or my beliefs. Also never asked you to act on my beliefs.

I said I don't believe you.

What could possibly happen between now and November that might knock you off the fence?

Are the 2020 POTUS debates completely worthless at this point?

What are the odds anyone out there might have their mind changed by watching the train-wreck that's about to unfold?

Other than strengthen your resolve around your own preferred candidate, do you honestly think the debates serve any purpose this year at all?
Can anyone actually still be "sitting on the fence" about who to vote for, or against?
More than ever do I want to see these debates or whatever else you choose to call them. Personally I'm calling it a shit show because trump will do his best to dump all over any kind of debate. With his taxes coming out what does trump have to run on? The wonderful job he's doing? His base will go for that but everyone else sees millions out of work, covid still running wild, the debt expanding, the economy in sludge and turmoil in the streets. All during the trump administration's leadership, not to mention the constant turnover and the folks going to jail. I mean what's not to like about trump???

I can't wait to see trump trying to dodge reality on national tv.

There's people on the fence who want to vote Democrat, but need a better reason than "Our guy isn't Trump."

Honestly, can't think of a better reason.

As another DP member said, if you're undecided at this point in this election, you're most likely an uneducated voter.

Never asked you to believe me or my beliefs. Also never asked you to act on my beliefs.

I said I don't believe you.

What could possibly happen between now and November that might knock you off the fence?
You’re assuming I won’t stay on the fence. Or vote for a third party. Try to think believe outside your comfort zone.

Honestly, can't think of a better reason.

As another DP member said, if you're undecided at this point in this election, you're most likely an uneducated voter.
Like in 2004, voting against someone will never generate the same engagement or turnout of voting for a candidate that you are confident in and want elected. For the good they'll do, not the bad shit they won't. Sure, I think Biden will enact some policies that are good, but it also doesn't seem like he's holding the reins so we have no idea what else a Biden Harris administration will do. The devil you know vs the one you don't and all that.

If this isn't a question in any of the debates then the debates are a joke: "Mr. President, in the next two years, $421 million in debt will come due. Who do you owe that money to? And if you owe that money to foreign governments or banks controlled by foreign governments, how can we be assured that you'll make international policy decisions based on America's interests and not the interests of foreign governments?"

It'll be very entertaining when Biden defends himself with a push-up challenge or when he gets angry and threatens to take Trump out behind the gym.

(Just make sure there's no little girls...older girls...married women...grandmothers...or little boys...around.)
Why, will trump grab them by their *****?

There are always opportunities for moments. Maybe Biden gets lost in an answer and forgets what he is talking about, or Trump threatens to nuke some country. I think the debates are less useful than ever, but something could happen.

You’re assuming I won’t stay on the fence. Or vote for a third party. Try to think believe outside your comfort zone.

Third party vote is a vote for Trump.
Any vote not for Biden, is a vote for Trump.
Plain and simple.

Won't change my mind one bit.

But it might be good entertainment. That is if I can watch trump without puking. What a disgusting example of a President of the United States.

If this isn't a question in any of the debates then the debates are a joke: "Mr. President, in the next two years, $421 million in debt will come due. Who do you owe that money to? And if you owe that money to foreign governments or banks controlled by foreign governments, how can we be assured that you'll make international policy decisions based on America's interests and not the interests of foreign governments?"

Do you honestly think you'd get a reasonable response from either candidate on a question like that?

Like in 2004, voting against someone will never generate the same engagement or turnout of voting for a candidate that you are confident in and want elected. For the good they'll do, not the bad shit they won't. Sure, I think Biden will enact some policies that are good, but it also doesn't seem like he's holding the reins so we have no idea what else a Biden Harris administration will do. The devil you know vs the one you don't and all that.

The devil you know?

And we now know trump. I don't see how any rational, intelligent self respecting American could possibly justify voting for trump!

Do you honestly think you'd get a reasonable response from either candidate on a question like that?

Of course not. But the narrative the question illustrates is often more important than the answer itself.

The devil you know?

And we now know trump. I don't see how any rational, intelligent self respecting American could possibly justify voting for trump!
And yet they do. Like 2016 and 2012 I'll be sitting this one out.

if a person hasn't figured out that Donald Trump is a crook by now (since he's been one since the 1980s) then they can't be saved.

if a person hasn't figured out that Donald Trump is a crook by now (since he's been one since the 1980s) then they can't be saved.
He was also a Dem until relatively recently, and even way back when there was talk about him running for POTUS as a Dem I thought it was stupid then too. How about we elect a thinker, not a blowhard or a pushover.

Third party vote is a vote for Trump.
Any vote not for Biden, is a vote for Trump.
Plain and simple.
A third party vote is a vote on strategy. I personally favor Jo (minus the e) ideologically. I’m also a pragmatist knowing she has close to a zero chance of winning. Still there are members on both side of the traditional parties who will not vote so which side sits home the most tilts in the direction of the opposition. You should consider stop wasting your time here and get out encouraging your side to get off their butts.

He was also a Dem until relatively recently, and even way back when there was talk about him running for POTUS as a Dem I thought it was stupid then too. How about we elect a thinker, not a blowhard or a pushover.
If only Obama was still around...

The devil you know?

I just have to listen to liberals/progressives/idiots and it confirms why I will vote for Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't change my mind one bit.

But it might be good entertainment. That is if I can watch trump without puking. What a disgusting example of a President of the United States.

I agree Trump is disgusting, but the alternatives you have offered are much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom