• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are The Police Racist?

Some police are racist.

Just like the rest of the USA's population.

are the police racist

nope

but some are, and if you are the one person who meets their racist attitude/agenda, one is enough

one is always enough when it's personal

are the police racist

nope

but some are, and if you are the one person who meets their racist attitude/agenda, one is enough

one is always enough when it's personal

Police are like androids, they are programed. They are also following orders, your orders, if you give them orders to be racist, they will be racist.

Police are like androids, they are programed. They are also following orders, your orders, if you give them orders to be racist, they will be racist.

Lol, no.

Some of them likely are, as with any other large group. The idea that police homicide (alone?) is a good measure of police racism is ridiculous. Other than that, the OP video presented some great statistics on everything but police racism.

Only the white ones.

The justice system has always been racially biased in the US.

The stats prove that.

So, are the police racist?

I don't believe that for a second, the majority of police are racist.

Has the US justice system and catastrophic laws related to the war on drugs decimated the black community, sowed doubt, distrust and anger against law enforcement?

Absolutely.

The stats prove that.

Has the US justice system and catastrophic laws related to the war on drugs decimated the black community, sowed doubt, distrust and anger against law enforcement?

Absolutely.

Is she lying?

Last edited:
Some are and some aren't. But the system certainly is. And I'm not talking about shootings. I'm talking about stops, arrests, prosecutions, convictions and sentencing.

Some are and some aren't. But the system certainly is. And I'm not talking about shootings. I'm talking about stops, arrests, prosecutions, convictions and sentencing.

Are they committing crimes at much higher rates than whites and hispanics? If so, why wouldn't the other stats be higher?

The stats prove that.

Absolutely.

Someone didn't watch the video...

Thanks for making those statements. Those who watched the video can laugh now.

Are they committing crimes at much higher rates than whites and hispanics? If so, why wouldn't the other stats be higher?

Drug laws are the primary driver of the disproportionate punishment of African Americans.

Drug use rates are virtually identical across the board, between whites and blacks and yet:

image-1.png

That's the problem.

Drug laws are dumb as it is, and throughout the war on drugs, it has always disproportionately affected black people even though use rates were the same.

Sentencing was also an issue in cocaine vs. Crack cocaine, even though again, use rates were similar and actually cocaine use among whites was higher than crack cocaine use among blacks:

Screen-Shot-2014-10-15-at-3.09.28-PM.png

789x283xblack-vs-white-drug-sentencing.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gQfyxiP1VH.jpg

This is all well documented and has been known for some time.

Drug laws are the primary driver of the disproportionate punishment of African Americans.

Drug use rates are virtually identical across the board, between whites and blacks and yet:

image-1.png

That's the problem.

Drug laws are dumb as it is, and throughout the war on drugs, it has always disproportionately affected black people even though use rates were the same.

Sentencing was also an issue in cocaine vs. Crack cocaine, even though again, use rates were similar and actually cocaine use among whites was higher than crack cocaine use among blacks:

This is where your stats tend to start to fall apart.

Drug use rates might be similar, however, inner cities are more often to be the places where drugs are brought into, packaged and sold out. Inner cities house gangs that often times sell drugs to fund their other illegal behavior. Drug dealers are usually the ones that are sent to jail for any decent amount of time for drugs. You can't be sent to jail for using a drug, you need to actually have the drugs on you currently. Criminals that go to jail for drug charges often have longer lists of crimes rather than the first time offense by a middle class teenager. Crack vs power cocaine is perhaps the only place you have any correct information.

image-1.png

That's the problem.

How conspicuous are these blacks while doing these drugs? Most whites who do drugs are very low key, always looking out for the cops.

I knew a black guy from Detroit...pretty cool guy. He was telling me one day how bad the Detroit police are by explaining that he got pulled over 4 or 5 times in the same day. I asked why, and he said "no registration". I asked if that was true, and he said "yes". The difference between him and me is that I wouldn't drive without registration, but if I did, I would consider myself incredible lucky to not have my car impounded after the first time being pulled over. Many inner city blacks will blatantly break laws and then argue with the police, so it's no mystery to me as to why they may get busted more often with drugs.

Btw, I'm for making those drugs legal and I think it would help out inner cities big time and help taxpayers in general.

Last edited:
So the woman in the video is lying?

Don't know, didn't watch it, don't need to in order to have the facts on the matter. The facts are as I stated them.

Don't know, didn't watch it, don't need to in order to have the facts on the matter. The facts are as I stated them.

Where's your proof? The OP's proof is in the video, and I have to say, it sounds pretty convincing.

Where's your proof? The OP's proof is in the video, and I have to say, it sounds pretty convincing.

There are all manner of studies that prove that non-whites are stopped more often, cited more often, convicted more often, and jailed for longer than there white comparisons. There are so many of these studies, as well as all the reports from the DoJ on specific areas of recent unrest.... Sometimes asking for proof is a legitimate request. In this case it really isn't. I have no doubt that you don't even need google to solve this for yourself, just use the search bar in the upper right hand corner of this site.

There are all manner of studies that prove that non-whites are stopped more often, cited more often, convicted more often, and jailed for longer than there white comparisons. There are so many of these studies, as well as all the reports from the DoJ on specific areas of recent unrest.... Sometimes asking for proof is a legitimate request. In this case it really isn't. I have no doubt that you don't even need google to solve this for yourself, just use the search bar in the upper right hand corner of this site.

Unfortunately for you, the video in the OP is totally convincing and you simply have an emotional response to the issue with no source for what you consider to be facts. Here's the problem: You feel like you're helping matters, but you're really hurting people because you're appeasing criminals and hampering the only people who can stop them by calling them racists simply for doing their job. Liberal reasoning like that is a big reason why most inner cities, controlled by Democrats who think like you, are in such horrible shape.

Do these same "studies" take into account that "non whites" also commit crimes at a much higher rate?

So the woman in the video is lying?

The statistics in the video attempt to equate police homicide/shooting with police racism. One can certainly be quite racist and yet never shoot, much less kill, anyone. Trying to say that police racism would require shooting or killing someone is a step too far.

The stats prove that.

Absolutely.

This is where I've kind of settled down on, for the moment. I don't think that police are racist but they do have to deal with the side effects left over systemic racism at some governmental and societal levels.

Back
Top Bottom