• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone know about Smart tvs?

Also Paramount plus has a deal.. $60 a year... $5 a month.. Good deal.. But 1st check out what they offer... See if you are interested in anything they offer..

There's an awful lot to look at. Sling, Paramount, Prime, Hulu.....

I think we're going to stay with directv for streaming too, at least for now. It'll make the transition easier until we find out that we don't really need this channel or that channel.
I have DirectTv dish.. Had it since 2000..but I still have a couple of streaming services..

I got a Fredo Corleone Smahht TV. It can handle things. It ain't dumb like other TVs say; it's smaaht and it wants respect.

That outburst aside, I had YouTube TV and will have for the next few weeks until my subscription expires. Will renew when football season starts up in September. May experiment with Fubo but wasn't impressed last time I tried it.

There's an awful lot to look at. Sling, Paramount, Prime, Hulu.....
Oh yeah.. There's a lot of choices out there now. Hulu and Sling are live streaming services.. They are like getting cable TV or satellite.. Paramount and Prime are not... Ur not going to get network TV with them... Though Paramount is CBS.. So you will get them..

I got a Fredo Corleone Smahht TV. It can handle things. It ain't dumb like other TVs say; it's smaaht and it wants respect.

That outburst aside, I had YouTube TV and will have for the next few weeks until my subscription expires. Will renew when football season starts up in September. May experiment with Fubo but wasn't impressed last time I tried it.
Iirc Fubo has good sports.. Again iirc..

Iirc Fubo has good sports.. Again iirc..

It does and that was the main reason I've tried it twice. It didn't sync well with my Chromecast and laptop, but now that I've got a dedicated Smart TV, it could be an option.

p.s. Yes, I'm a cheapskate.

I have DirectTv dish.. Had it since 2000..but I still have a couple of streaming services..

Yeah, I need to look around and see if I like Netflix or others. If I keep directv for streaming, I'll want something with more movies. And I still have to upgrade the internet. I'm trying to hold out for fiber, but not available here yet.

Yeah, I need to look around and see if I like Netflix or others. If I keep directv for streaming, I'll want something with more movies. And I still have to upgrade the internet. I'm trying to hold out for fiber, but not available here yet.
If you're going to keep DirectTv then you will get your local networks, Tbs, Hallmark etc... For movies? Then probably Netflix.. I don't have them, but I know people who do.. And they like them..

If you're going to keep DirectTv then you will get your local networks, Tbs, Hallmark etc... For movies? Then probably Netflix.. I don't have them, but I know people who do.. And they like them..

Yeah, maybe Neflix. I already added Watch TCM, but apparently you're limited to what's been shown in the last 7 days. Still, at least you aren't locked into whatever time a movie is being shown. And of course you can record it on Directv, but I'm never aware of what's on during the day. I was just looking through Freevee - there's a LOT there.

Yeah Frr
Yeah, maybe Neflix. I already added Watch TCM, but apparently you're limited to what's been shown in the last 7 days. Still, at least you aren't locked into whatever time a movie is being shown. And of course you can record it on Directv, but I'm never aware of what's on during the day. I was just looking through Freevee - there's a LOT there.

Yeah Freevee is goid.. And Pluto TV too.. Tubi... Roku has a free service.. Lots out there..

But they're free.. So they are limited... Current movies? Etc.? Netflix probably your best bet..

Yeah Frr

Yeah Freevee is goid.. And Pluto TV too.. Tubi... Roku has a free service.. Lots out there..

But they're free.. So they are limited... Current movies? Etc.? Netflix probably your best bet..

Yeah, I'm not sure of Netflix yet. There hasn't been any recent movie I can think of that I've wanted to watch. That's why I was excited to find Vudu - it has movies on there I haven't seen in ages.

Back
Top Bottom