• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anyone here like cars?

scottyz said:
I'm thinking of efficiency in terms of a turbo being driven by exhaust gas.

O ok. Yes in terms of mixing exhaust gases with the intake charge it is very efficient. But thats the only thing the turbo is more efficient at.

Well guys, he has a 1997 Honda Civic. I Think, I know it's a Honda. I know I'm gonna have to do the bulk of the work, I'll probably charge him, because I have to work on cars at work, I really don't want to do it in my spare time. I already know the basics of how these things operate. But unfortunately, there usually not contained in OEM vehicles, as their quite expensive, so I would think that they raise the sticker price, so I don't have the chance on working on many of them.

What trim is it? The reason I ask is becasue if you have the EX, LX, or SI that motor is already equipped with v-tec. If its not then it is a non v-tec motor. However, if you are going to do any FI application to a civic. I would highly recommend doing at least a head swap to a GSR or a typeR head. Reason why is the head flow and cams are more turbo friendly than any other heads for civics. However, to get the most power you could use the following motors: B18, B20, F22, H22, even the K20. I know alot about civics as I used to work on many of them in the dawn of the tuner era becasue everyone in the mother had a civic.

Really? I thought blowers usually produce more boost pressure at low speeds than turbochargers. But, a supercharger uses engine power to make the boost, so dosen't it put more stress on the internal parts? I don't think he wants to race it,per sae, he's young, around 21, so, you know how these kids like their cars. No offense Skilly. Uniwiper, rims, etc.

Blowers, like I said before are more efficient and hold hp throughout the entier rpm's. However, it only is limitied to the type of pulley you put on the car. Becasue all blowers are pulley(or belt) driven the only way to negate boost in a supercharger is to change the size of the pulley. The smaller the pulley the higher the boost. Usually a supercharger can only peak to about 20psi. And thats pushing your motor. If going over 15psi on a blower I would rewcommend a full motor rebuild to forged goodies.

On the other hand, a turbo(altough succumbed to lag) the boost is insurmountable. You can negate the boost 2 different ways. Through a mechanical boost controller or a electronical boost controller(best way to go). The best boost contrioller IMO is the Profec EO1. I use it and its just beautiful. I have tried almost 7 different others and mine is the best one by far. Now on turbos it is exhaust driven which ca mean tons and tons of power. On a civic bottom end if exeeding over 14psi on the stock block I would do either a motor swap of swaping to forged goodies. Now if you were to get a B18 you wouldnt need to do either casue the block is actually built to handle 20psi on the stock block and head. I know becasue I use to own a B18 SI '98. Also I thought you were my age? How old are you? And I am by no definition the average kid. You should see my cars. I do them right.

Yea, that's what I thought. I know superchargers usually act more like fans, hence the name blowers. Isn't turbo lag the time period between the boost and no boost periods? I know a turbo is operated by exaust gasses, so I guess the amount of boost depends on the engines speed? I would think a turbocharger is more effiecient.

Both act like fans. If you look at them they both have fans. However, the difference lies how they are driven and manipulated. I know the efficiency becasue I tune my dads blown 05 GT mustang. He was the first to have a blown 05 GT and we are making break throughs. I can tell you through pure experience and from tuning both applications that superchargers are much more effieceint in every aspect(except mixing the exhaust gases) than turbos. Now boost is negated through boost controllers and rpm's. Engines speed doesnt really have anything to do with boost other than the rpm's. I can get more boost in 2nd gear going 80 @ 7800rpm's than going 100 in 4th gear @ 3000 rpm's.

I haven't really discussed with him his budget, I'm pretty sure of his expectations though, I think he just wants a fast car,and wants it too look pretty. Yea, I can write pages of pages on this subject too.

Well he needs to lay down a budget for his project. Fast is a definition that varies amongst many. It is purely self perception. What I may think is slow your friend may think its fast. I would recommend a good motor setup with a turbo kit that is making around 300hp. In my expreience I made that with my civic and it costed me about 3500. Maybe a little less. And with that setup you can put the beat on any stock V8 vehicle in a quarter mile. You can also beat many semi built 4bangers.

scottyz said:
I'm not personally a big fan of civics or that knowledgable of them, but luckily for him there is a HUGE aftermarket and knowledge base on the web for them. What motor is in his Civic? He should join Hondatech.com and start researching. I'm sure somebody can point him in the direction of a professional or home brewed turbo kit. Obviously he will need to piggy back his ECU or go for standalone. I only know a couple folk with turboed b18's in their civics and on the stock internals they can only run 5-7psi out of a small turbo like a Garrett T25. It still nearly doubles their HP and makes for a quick car though.

I used to own a civic B18 turbo powered car. I used a t3/t4 57trim. I used a tial 38mm external wastegate, a blitz BOV, and a log style manifold on the stock internals and I was able to put 20psi on the motor with no problem. Obviously I upgraded the fuel delivery. I ran a walbro 255, with 450cc RC injectors. The fuel rail was a aem. I had other mods too it but it made a peak 375whp and 340pds of tq. I ran it daily at 240whp @ 10psi. My engine management was done by Mugen. I sold it to buy my current car. The owner still has the very same setup and absolutely loves it. The motor is still strong.

I believe it's a 2.2 Ultra low emmisions vehicle. I'll be sure to tell him about hondatech.com, thanks.

No its not a 2.2 unless he did a motor swap himself. The only motors that have a dsplacement of a 2.2 is the prelude motors which are the F22 and the H22. The F22 are the older gens and the H22 are the newer gens. Civics stock come with the B15 or the B16. Whch are 1.5 or 1.6 .

Btw, mopars are pretty impresive if done right. I have seen some pretty beasty mopars.

SKILMATIC said:
O ok. Yes in terms of mixing exhaust gases with the intake charge it is very efficient. But thats the only thing the turbo is more efficient at.

Ok:2razz:

What trim is it? The reason I ask is becasue if you have the EX, LX, or SI that motor is already equipped with v-tec. If its not then it is a non v-tec motor. However, if you are going to do any FI application to a civic. I would highly recommend doing at least a head swap to a GSR or a typeR head. Reason why is the head flow and cams are more turbo friendly than any other heads for civics. However, to get the most power you could use the following motors: B18, B20, F22, H22, even the K20. I know alot about civics as I used to work on many of them in the dawn of the tuner era becasue everyone in the mother had a civic.

Yea, they are common among the gearhead scene. I don't know what trim it is, I've really only glanced at it a few times, I can tell you this weekend, cause we are goingto hang out this weekend, so I can visually inspect his car and asses the monetary damage.

Blowers, like I said before are more efficient and hold hp throughout the entier rpm's. However, it only is limitied to the type of pulley you put on the car. Becasue all blowers are pulley(or belt) driven the only way to negate boost in a supercharger is to change the size of the pulley. The smaller the pulley the higher the boost. Usually a supercharger can only peak to about 20psi. And thats pushing your motor. If going over 15psi on a blower I would rewcommend a full motor rebuild to forged goodies.

Yes, I think they are both belt-driven. They both seem to use impellers to pressurize the air entering the engine.But a supercharger does not use exaust gases to turn the impellers, instead I believe they are turned by the actual engine via a belt connected to the crankshaft.

On the other hand, a turbo(altough succumbed to lag) the boost is insurmountable. You can negate the boost 2 different ways. Through a mechanical boost controller or a electronical boost controller(best way to go). The best boost contrioller IMO is the Profec EO1. I use it and its just beautiful. I have tried almost 7 different others and mine is the best one by far. Now on turbos it is exhaust driven which ca mean tons and tons of power. On a civic bottom end if exeeding over 14psi on the stock block I would do either a motor swap of swaping to forged goodies. Now if you were to get a B18 you wouldnt need to do either casue the block is actually built to handle 20psi on the stock block and head. I know becasue I use to own a B18 SI '98. Also I thought you were my age? How old are you? And I am by no definition the average kid. You should see my cars. I do them right.

Dosen't the amount of boost depend on the engine's speed? Because at slow or even idle speeds, only a trace amount of gas leaves the engine, so common sense would tell you the turbo spins slowly then.So atlow engine speeds, I guess little or no boost is present.But at higher engine speeds, as more exaust gas leaves the engine,the turbo spins faster.Correct? I'm in the same age bracket as you, as I'm 26,but I'm out of that messing with cars phase.

Both act like fans. If you look at them they both have fans. However, the difference lies how they are driven and manipulated. I know the efficiency becasue I tune my dads blown 05 GT mustang. He was the first to have a blown 05 GT and we are making break throughs. I can tell you through pure experience and from tuning both applications that superchargers are much more effieceint in every aspect(except mixing the exhaust gases) than turbos. Now boost is negated through boost controllers and rpm's. Engines speed doesnt really have anything to do with boost other than the rpm's. I can get more boost in 2nd gear going 80 @ 7800rpm's than going 100 in 4th gear @ 3000 rpm's.

Yea,I will probably apt for a supercharger, as I think turbochargers are more complicated to install as I gather it requires alot of extra piping to route the exaust gases and incoming air through it. It sounds like a ****ing project!

Well he needs to lay down a budget for his project. Fast is a definition that varies amongst many. It is purely self perception. What I may think is slow your friend may think its fast. I would recommend a good motor setup with a turbo kit that is making around 300hp. In my expreience I made that with my civic and it costed me about 3500. Maybe a little less. And with that setup you can put the beat on any stock V8 vehicle in a quarter mile. You can also beat many semi built 4bangers.

How long do you reckon it takes to properly install a supercharger?

No its not a 2.2 unless he did a motor swap himself. The only motors that have a dsplacement of a 2.2 is the prelude motors which are the F22 and the H22. The F22 are the older gens and the H22 are the newer gens. Civics stock come with the B15 or the B16. Whch are 1.5 or 1.6 .

O, ok, I only glanced at it a few times. Like I said, this weekend I will thoroughly inspect it. In a little I'm going to see Saw2 with a "friend with benefits." And you know what that means.:2razz:

Yes, I think they are both belt-driven. They both seem to use impellers to pressurize the air entering the engine.But a supercharger does not use exaust gases to turn the impellers, instead I believe they are turned by the actual engine via a belt connected to the crankshaft.

No a turbo isnt belt driven. It is driven by the exiting exhaust gases under MAP. The supercharger is belt driven as it is conected to a pulley. The belt wraps around at least 3 pulleys and yes the belt is obviously driven by the crank.

Dosen't the amount of boost depend on the engine's speed?

No, it is all rpm's. Thats also where you set your powerband as well.

Because at slow or even idle speeds

Again you can be going slow and hit high boost if your rpms are high. If you are going very fast and your rpm's are low then your boost levels will be very low. It is all about rpm's thats it. For example, if I was going 35mph @7000rpm's I would attain high boost. If I was going 150mph @3000rpm then I would be at low boost or even in lag so therefore I wouldnt have much boost. Does this make sense?

But at higher engine speeds, as more exaust gas leaves the engine,the turbo spins faster.Correct? I'm in the same age bracket as you, as I'm 26,but I'm out of that messing with cars phase.

Again, the exhaust gases exiting is negated on rpm's which inturn negates the boost pressure levels in the exhaist manifold. So if your at high speeds in low rpm's then you have little to now boost and if you are going slow at high rpm's then you have high boost. I hope you are getting this. I thought you said you were 20? O well maybe I thought of a different guy.

Yea,I will probably apt for a supercharger, as I think turbochargers are more complicated to install as I gather it requires alot of extra piping to route the exaust gases and incoming air through it. It sounds like a ****ing project!

Both are big projects but I will agree that turbos are the way to go especially in the honda scene. However, superchargers are easier to install and tune.

How long do you reckon it takes to properly install a supercharger?

I woudl say a full day if you have everyhting ready and all the tools handy. If not then it would take a few days.

O, ok, I only glanced at it a few times. Like I said, this weekend I will thoroughly inspect it. In a little I'm going to see Saw2 with a "friend with benefits." And you know what that means.

Umm... it means she is going to be scared? :lol:

Originally posted by SKILMATIC
Umm... it means she is going to be scared?

Well, I failed to seal the deal, although with this particular chick, I already have sealed the deal twice. Dude, saw2 is one ****ed up movie. I don't think they should make movies like that, some insane person might try and mimic that activity. I would have rather seen chicken lil.:lol:

I woudl say a full day if you have everyhting ready and all the tools handy. If not then it would take a few days.

Well, I have a shitload of tools. If anything,I have a garage at my house, so it'll sit there, and I'll work on it over the course of like a week or two.

Both are big projects but I will agree that turbos are the way to go especially in the honda scene. However, superchargers are easier to install and tune.

Good, I'll try my best to talk him into getting a supercharger then.

Again, the exhaust gases exiting is negated on rpm's which inturn negates the boost pressure levels in the exhaist manifold. So if your at high speeds in low rpm's then you have little to now boost and if you are going slow at high rpm's then you have high boost. I hope you are getting this. I thought you said you were 20? O well maybe I thought of a different guy.

O,ok. I am kinda unfamiliar with how the impellers in a turbocharger operate, from what I uderstand the exhaust gasses leaving are directed into the one side of the turbocharger. I guess the existing gases force the impeller blades to spin, so I take it the faster the engine operates, the faster the impeller blades spin?

Again you can be going slow and hit high boost if your rpms are high. If you are going very fast and your rpm's are low then your boost levels will be very low. It is all about rpm's thats it. For example, if I was going 35mph @7000rpm's I would attain high boost. If I was going 150mph @3000rpm then I would be at low boost or even in lag so therefore I wouldnt have much boost. Does this make sense?

Total. That's practically what I said. I never said "rpm", but engine speed.

No, it is all rpm's. Thats also where you set your powerband as well.

rpm=engine speed. I'm not talking about mph here, I think you're misunderstanding me.

No a turbo isnt belt driven. It is driven by the exiting exhaust gases under MAP. The supercharger is belt driven as it is conected to a pulley. The belt wraps around at least 3 pulleys and yes the belt is obviously driven by the crank.

Ok :2razz: , don't turbochargers have a boost control that supposed to limit the amount of boost made,as I assume too much boost can damage the engine components?

Well, I failed to seal the deal, although with this particular chick, I already have sealed the deal twice. Dude, saw2 is one ****ed up movie. I don't think they should make movies like that, some insane person might try and mimic that activity. I would have rather seen chicken lil.

Yeah I wouldnt take a chick to see that. I would take her to see something like jarhead :lol: jk

Well, I have a shitload of tools. If anything,I have a garage at my house, so it'll sit there, and I'll work on it over the course of like a week or two.

Do you have any air tools? Those will come in handy too.

Good, I'll try my best to talk him into getting a supercharger then.

Well it would actually be more expensive for him to go supercharger because Hondas are predicated on turbos and their whole industry is geared towards turbos. So in actuality you may find it easier to go with a turbo setup just becasue everyone has done it and there is literally sh!t oads out there for a turbo setup. I would research it first before you decide. All I can tell you is from personal experience and from what I know.

O,ok. I am kinda unfamiliar with how the impellers in a turbocharger operate, from what I uderstand the exhaust gasses leaving are directed into the one side of the turbocharger. I guess the existing gases force the impeller blades to spin, so I take it the faster the engine operates, the faster the impeller blades spin?

Yes the higher the rpm's the faster the blades turn. Just think of it as the faster your crank turns the faster your turbo fan turns.

Total. That's practically what I said. I never said "rpm", but engine speed.

O my bad for some reason I was thinking car speed.

Ok , don't turbochargers have a boost control that supposed to limit the amount of boost made,as I assume too much boost can damage the engine components?

Yes as I explained vaguely in the earlier post turbos have whats called BC's aka boost controllers. Not only do they limit boost but they can uncrease or decrease boost as well. Now the reason for one is for different driving conditions and fuel economy. They also allow the turbo to rest.

SKILMATIC said:
Yeah I wouldnt take a chick to see that. I would take her to see something like jarhead :lol: jk

Yea jarhead.:lol: Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Do you have any air tools? Those will come in handy too.

Nope, no air compressor.

Well it would actually be more expensive for him to go supercharger because Hondas are predicated on turbos and their whole industry is geared towards turbos. So in actuality you may find it easier to go with a turbo setup just becasue everyone has done it and there is literally sh!t oads out there for a turbo setup. I would research it first before you decide. All I can tell you is from personal experience and from what I know.

Yea, I'll be sure to research it a bit first.

Yes the higher the rpm's the faster the blades turn. Just think of it as the faster your crank turns the faster your turbo fan turns.

OK:2razz:

O my bad for some reason I was thinking car speed.

That's cool.:2razz:

Yes as I explained vaguely in the earlier post turbos have whats called BC's aka boost controllers. Not only do they limit boost but they can uncrease or decrease boost as well. Now the reason for one is for different driving conditions and fuel economy. They also allow the turbo to rest.

O, I see. Yea, I thought I heard something like they have a seperate boost or something, these are like alien to me, as I never worked on one.

kal-el said:
Yea jarhead.:lol: Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Nope, no air compressor.

Yea, I'll be sure to research it a bit first.

OK:2razz:

That's cool.:2razz:

O, I see. Yea, I thought I heard something like they have a seperate boost or something, these are like alien to me, as I never worked on one.

Yeah it will be a learning period for you as it was for me. Everyone starts from the bottom and learns their way up.

Well, my friend stopped by my work tonight, and I breifly looked at his car. It seems to be a 1999 Honda Civic,1.6liter.I told him it would probably take a full day if I didn't **** around on the job, and being as I never done it before, it could take longer. I said I didn't have a whole day to devote to working on a single car, so I could put it in my garage,and work on it a couple hours each day. He got frustrated and said no, that's his only car. He seems to think a proffesional can do it in a couple hours? So he said he's gonna take it to a proffesional shop. I don't know any shops that install aftermarket upgrades? Do you? I know mine don't. Easy solution to my problem.:2razz:

kal-el said:
Well, my friend stopped by my work tonight, and I breifly looked at his car. It seems to be a 1999 Honda Civic,1.6liter.I told him it would probably take a full day if I didn't **** around on the job, and being as I never done it before, it could take longer. I said I didn't have a whole day to devote to working on a single car, so I could put it in my garage,and work on it a couple hours each day. He got frustrated and said no, that's his only car. He seems to think a proffesional can do it in a couple hours? So he said he's gonna take it to a proffesional shop. I don't know any shops that install aftermarket upgrades? Do you? I know mine don't. Easy solution to my problem.:2razz:

WEll where do you live? Also it all depends on how much money he has and what he plans on doing to the car. A cheap mans turbo kit install will take at least 4-6hrs in a professionals hands and thats with intercooler which is a big mistake. However with intercooler add another 1 hour.

Let me just tell you my personal testimony. When I first did a turbo kit on a civic it took me about a total of 20hours. It was a 95civic hatch with a B18 in it.

Just thought I would drop in this one time and show off my baby. '00 Mustang. I'm not into cars, but I do love convertibles.

SKILMATIC said:
WEll where do you live? Also it all depends on how much money he has and what he plans on doing to the car. A cheap mans turbo kit install will take at least 4-6hrs in a professionals hands and thats with intercooler which is a big mistake. However with intercooler add another 1 hour.

In northern Pennsylvania. I don't know what he all wants to do, I know his parents are rich, so he dosen't work, just lives off his parents:doh

Let me just tell you my personal testimony. When I first did a turbo kit on a civic it took me about a total of 20hours. It was a 95civic hatch with a B18 in it.

20 hours? I guess that's not bad for your 1st time? Anyway, I don't have to worry about it.:2razz:

kal-el said:
In northern Pennsylvania. I don't know what he all wants to do, I know his parents are rich, so he dosen't work, just lives off his parents:doh

20 hours? I guess that's not bad for your 1st time? Anyway, I don't have to worry about it.:2razz:

Umm... Near Erie? Tell me what major city you live near? And I hate muchers. Where is the responsibility in living off of parents? O well

Yeah it was my very first time on a civic. I have done other vehicles and those took me about the same time frame as well.

Just thought I would drop in this one time and show off my baby. '00 Mustang. I'm not into cars, but I do love convertibles.

You would love my dads car then. He has a 05GT mustang convertible

SKILMATIC said:
Why do you think it's a big mistake to have an intercooler or am I misreading? I think it's a big mistake not to have one.

kal-el said:
He got frustrated and said no, that's his only car. He seems to think a proffesional can do it in a couple hours? So he said he's gonna take it to a proffesional shop. I don't know any shops that install aftermarket upgrades? Do you? I know mine don't. Easy solution to my problem.:2razz:
Does he think that couple hours will involve tuning?

scottyz said:
Does he think that couple hours will involve tuning?

I guess. He's impatient. He wants everything done right away. Perfection takes time.

Originally posted by SKILMATIC
Umm... Near Erie? Tell me what major city you live near? And I hate muchers. Where is the responsibility in living off of parents? O well

There is no responsibility. O, and I live about an hour or two away from Philly.:2razz:

I sport the Honda Accord '93 Edition. Dual Exhaust.. No Heating... Barely workable powered windows... can go from 0-60 in about 20 Min.... Car doors make sweaky noises upon opening them....

All that said it gets 'bout 250 Miles a Tank. I <3 it.. until I get a REAL car (Toyota Prius)

scottyz said:
Why do you think it's a big mistake to have an intercooler or am I misreading? I think it's a big mistake not to have one.

Its a big mistake not to have an intercooler. However, he would probably get away with it during the winter times because pennsylvania gets very cold in the winter time.

There is no responsibility. O, and I live about an hour or two away from Philly

I lived in Philly becasue I was born there. However, I dont know if he is willig to drive all the way to philly

Arch Enemy said:
I sport the Honda Accord '93 Edition. Dual Exhaust.. No Heating... Barely workable powered windows... can go from 0-60 in about 20 Min.... Car doors make sweaky noises upon opening them....

All that said it gets 'bout 250 Miles a Tank. I <3 it.. until I get a REAL car (Toyota Prius)

Umm... can you say pimp my ride? :lol:

Arch Enemy said:

Get a CF wing, body kit, fart can, racing pedals, shift knob, body graphics/stickers and a electric supercharger and that beast will fly! when you hit vtec in that monster it will be like a 300hp boost.

I've had a love affair with vehicles myself. It started back with my first car which was a 1989 BMW 520i that I bought when I was in Germany. I remember driving 110 MPH in the middle lane of the big six lane autobahn and getting passed by a Mercedes station wagon.
Then it was a 2000 Blazer LT 4wheel drive that had every damn thing that was available for that year. Unfortunatley, it cost me $450 a month with $250 a month for insurance and it sat in the parking lot a few times cause I couldnt afford gas. Sold that to a dealer for a $5000 loss.
The I bought my buddys 98 Firebird V6 which was my first rear drive sports car. And I wrecked it withen five weeks. I was halfway through a U-shaped merging ramp and I lost control, did a 180 and went over a concrete divider. Airbag saved my life I believe since I didnt have my seatbelt on.
So I was vehicless for a few weeks and then I bought a 95 Explorer Limited. Found out it was a rebuilt and practically worthless so I got buddy to buy it. The day we were supossed to go to the bank to sign the papers, I took him offroading and broke the front axle which set me back $800. He still bought it though.
Then it was a 94 TBird, V6 that I had for a while till I got a DUI and my parents took it home with them. After I left active duty in the Army, I came home and promptly wrecked it in I think 2 months.
Then it was an 89 Jeep Cherokee that was so beat up it, it was a blast to drive. Yeah, it got wrecked but it wasnt my fault this time.
So I sold it for scrap and bought a 93 TBird V8 that I put a little bit of money into and I traded that in for a 2000 Grand Cherokee that I still have to this day. Since its a 4.0 and those engines are built to last, I installed a 3" catback exhaust with an aftermarket muffler with plans for a 2"budget boost and 285 tires when I get back in Jan. Eventually, upgrade to Rancho shocks and Rancho steering stabilizer.

Last edited:
"Get a CF wing, body kit, fart can, racing pedals, shift knob, body graphics/stickers and a electric supercharger and that beast will fly! when you hit vtec in that monster it will be like a 300hp boost."

Scotty, your kidding right?
A carbon fiber wing is going to be worthless in a car that doesnt require downforce.
A body kit will only add a few hundred pounds and not add horsepower.
An oversize muffler will only sound annoying since there is little to zero backpressure from an engine with as much displacement as a one litre bottle of Mountain Dew.
Racing pedals, shift knob stickers will only get you laughed at by the big boys driving V8 rear-driven cars.
And all superchargers are belt driven, not electric. And even they are parasitic when it comes to horsepower.
On top of that, even the VTEC engines that are 1.8's are only putting out 180 HP. And that is 180 at the flywheel which translates into maybe 160 HP at the front wheels. Which is pretty crappy even if it is a light car.

scottyz said:
Get a CF wing, body kit, fart can, racing pedals, shift knob, body graphics/stickers and a electric supercharger and that beast will fly! when you hit vtec in that monster it will be like a 300hp boost.

No you wont.

Scotty might be right though. Now that I think about it, Ive known some people who added neon lights and fake plastic spinners and they must've added at least 120 HP.
You shouldnt be so quick to dismiss a Ricer with a Pep Boys gift card. It can be the equalizer between a weak four cylinder ricer wanna be and a 350 big block V8.
I wish I had a dollar for every time I was egged on in my Tbird by someone switching back and forth from drive to neutral acting like they had a manual. Its usually the same people who have Japanese stickers all over Neon's or Cavaliers or who commit the infamous ricer fly-by.

Back
Top Bottom