• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone have pets with annoying habits?

I swear, women are like cats. Doesn't matter if their bowl is full, they gotta see you put more food in it to count.

Now I just have a pile of cat food on my floor...

Thanks cat.

Our cats play in paper grocery bags and cardboard boxes. They prefer to pee either on the bathroom toilet throw rug or, if you have accidentally locked them in a bedroom for a few hours, in the middle of the bed... with a neatly placed poopie on the wet spot.

Grocery bags are the best toys ever. One of our cats loved to 'ride' them. We attach a string and while we pulled, he'd jump on it and off we went t/o the house.

We also rescued a parrot once. Now that bird had not been kept in the best of circumstances and was rather loud. As soon as we brought it home, one of the cats ran and hid in the closet, not to be seen for an entire week. We had to feed him and put a litter box in there for him.

That would scare me to death. Lily only barks if there's a reason. That reason might be the FedEx guy or the vacuum cleaner or the phone or a weird noise or the vacuum cleaner or "maaaaa, I have to go pee and I don't have thumbs and I can't turn the doorknob" or the vacuum cleaner (did I already say vacuum cleaner?) or any of a thousand reasons, but yes, she has to have a reason to bark.

It does nearly startle me to death. Athena has to have a reason too--but she has many reasons. The mail lady is terrified of her--not that she's ever done anything--and will throw packages onto the porch rather than get out of her car (even though the dog is safely inside--does she think Cujo can break through the door?!)

Cats sulk, lol. Cats seek and take revenge on any slight, however huge or petty. Cats can give one an "eat **** and die" look that withers the strongest owner, and is unmatched in nature.

Despite it all, I really love all our cats; personality with whiskers, lol!

I am sadly familiar with that look you've described. All three of the girls are currently in trouble with me for "boudoir" issues, but the boys are saints.

It does nearly startle me to death. Athena has to have a reason too--but she has many reasons. The mail lady is terrified of her--not that she's ever done anything--and will throw packages onto the porch rather than get out of her car (even though the dog is safely inside--does she think Cujo can break through the door?!)

Everybody loves Lily. Who doesn't love a fat, fluffy bulldog? She's just scary af because when that doorbell rings, it sounds like the hounds of hell are running towards the front door. Then I open the door and it's just this little fat blob that most people around here have come to know. I've had people come to visit Lily. Just Lily. :lol:

Everybody loves Lily. Who doesn't love a fat, fluffy bulldog? She's just scary af because when that doorbell rings, it sounds like the hounds of hell are running towards the front door. Then I open the door and it's just this little fat blob that most people around here have come to know. I've had people come to visit Lily. Just Lily. :lol:

Ha, "hound of hell" is an excellent description of Athena's Cujo bark. It's blood-congealing. She has long black hair (fluffy ears and panties) and a sweet black Lab face, a beautiful face, and she weighs only 40 pounds, but she's fierce. Her daddy and granddaddy were pits.

She's also a dirty girl, I'm sorry to say. I'm currently partly flooded, but she plows through the water and mud and loves it. A white crane is currently visiting, and he is NOT allowed on Athena's property. I can't make her leave him alone; she's doing her job, sigh.

I had a dog that would immediately sniff the crotch of any female she encountered, which was not annoying to me.

What was annoying was her refusal to give me any status reports

I have a 5-1/2 month old beagle puppy who is going through his teething process, so he chews on everything. Shoes, slippers, mail, books (well, just one by Danielle Steele, so no huge loss :)), rocks, sticks, baseboards, my computer speakers, TV trays, the other dog, pieces of paper, socks, underwear and anything else he can get his teeth on. He has all kinds of toys and chews on them too, but they aren’t his favorite. His adult teeth are coming in so hopefully just a few more weeks of this.

I have a 5-1/2 month old beagle puppy who is going through his teething process, so he chews on everything. Shoes, slippers, mail, books (well, just one by Danielle Steele, so no huge loss :)), rocks, sticks, baseboards, my computer speakers, TV trays, the other dog, pieces of paper, socks, underwear and anything else he can get his teeth on. He has all kinds of toys and chews on them too, but they aren’t his favorite. His adult teeth are coming in so hopefully just a few more weeks of this.

My dog Oliver does that, too. Chews on everything. I remember he got into one of the loads of laundry one time, and he had a bunch of socks and underwear sprawled out in the backyard. :lol:

My dog Oliver does that, too. Chews on everything. I remember he got into one of the loads of laundry one time, and he had a bunch of socks and underwear sprawled out in the backyard. :lol:

Wow, mine is named Oliver, too. Must be something about that name, lol.

Recently, my family lost the best dog in the world. He helped me raise two boys. Even when the cancer had him on the edge of saying goodbye, he licked them for jumping on him instead of ever showing anger.

When we lost that champion among champions, my boys were very sad. First death they had to deal with. So we put a lot of thought into what to bring into their lives. We found a rescue kitty who is sweet and almost as patient with the boys. He has been an amazing find.

However, as great as this guy is, he still has the a-hole streak every cat inherits. Regularly, he acts as if he is starving. At 5 am, he will wake you up with meows, stare you in the eyes, and knock something expensive off the shelf. He has an eye for price like no human. He knows what costs the most. Yesterday morning, this sweet bastard meowed me awake and looked at me before knocking the PS4 VR kit off the table and just casually walked in the kitchen like he had ordered breakfast and was waiting for service.

I love and hate that cat.

Our cats play in paper grocery bags and cardboard boxes. They prefer to pee either on the bathroom toilet throw rug or, if you have accidentally locked them in a bedroom for a few hours, in the middle of the bed... with a neatly placed poopie on the wet spot.

In a misery-loves-company way, I feel much better after reading this. :(

Recently, my family lost the best dog in the world. He helped me raise two boys. Even when the cancer had him on the edge of saying goodbye, he licked them for jumping on him instead of ever showing anger.

When we lost that champion among champions, my boys were very sad. First death they had to deal with. So we put a lot of thought into what to bring into their lives. We found a rescue kitty who is sweet and almost as patient with the boys. He has been an amazing find.

However, as great as this guy is, he still has the a-hole streak every cat inherits. Regularly, he acts as if he is starving. At 5 am, he will wake you up with meows, stare you in the eyes, and knock something expensive off the shelf. He has an eye for price like no human. He knows what costs the most. Yesterday morning, this sweet bastard meowed me awake and looked at me before knocking the PS4 VR kit off the table and just casually walked in the kitchen like he had ordered breakfast and was waiting for service.

I love and hate that cat.

I know just what you mean!

My first dog ever raised my two kids. He was a large dog but lived to be 12, and we were all grateful for every minute. What a hero he was, and so was my second dog, who also lived to age 12. In my soul, I suppose I am a cat-person, but I have learned gratitude and trust from my doggies.

My cat buries her crap in the garden.

My youngest daughter just showed me that my bird has taken to getting on her cell phone and starting it recording videos. He made a 33 minute video while we were taking down the Christmas tree today. It's all blackness, but this isn't the first time he's done it. Harmless but kind of annoying. Anyone else?

Okay, I'm sorry, but the visual I have here made me laugh out loud!

I know just what you mean!

My first dog ever raised my two kids. He was a large dog but lived to be 12, and we were all grateful for every minute. What a hero he was, and so was my second dog, who also lived to age 12. In my soul, I suppose I am a cat-person, but I have learned gratitude and trust from my doggies.

I'm definitely a dog person and love them to death. I'm still not sure what humans have done to deserve such wonderful animals. However, I was raised with cats and we don't have enough space for any more dogs.

My guy was a lab/mastiff mix that topped 150 in his strongest days. He never once made an aggressive move unless someone was going near my children or coming into my home without a clear invite. Even then , he gave warning. I have two boys. They literally would climb on the back of the couch and jump, full bodyweight, on a sleeping dog and he would startle, but just roll his eyes at us like "I was here first. I mean... really?"

I miss that guy. Held his paw and thanked him for everything in his last breaths and it still tears me apart. Miss that guy so bad. Dogs are amazing animals.

We did get lucky with the jerk cat I mentioned in my firsts post, tho. We went to three shelters and left with no animal that seemed a good fit. Then I took my 9 year old to a shelter and that boy walked in, jumped on my kid, and said "I'm going home with you". He is adult and didn't have a lot of other choices. We found a good fit. Except for the obnoxious demands he puts on us when we are trying to sleep.

He even puts up with the boys grabbing him in the middle of a meal and carrying him three rooms away to pet him. Rare kitty.

My cat has a habit of going to bed on my face. It infuriates, she is very fluffy.

Back
Top Bottom