• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Study Finds Same-Sex Parenting Isn’t Best For Kids

So once again, all I get it avoidance to this simple question... No one will admit that having consistent daily exposure to both genders is better than having consistent daily exposure to only one gender. It's something that is supported by liberals across a wide array of issues, but when it doesn't fit the paradigm that they want pushed suddenly diversity gets throw out the window. You can reply to this all you want, but I won't be reading them. It's not because you think that you "won" this argument, but because it's so frustrating to see people simply refuse to use common sense.

So your lying when you say nobody has answered you. I didn't avoid you. I directly answered you. I notice you haven't once responded to my answer except to move the goal posts and avoid the simple answer.

Lying and dishonesty are against Jesus's teachings so you aren't a faithful servant either.

You're just throwing a temper tantrum because people don't affirm your opinions.

And now you're going to run away because people don't agree with you.

Better yet don't ever respond to anybody that doesn't agree with you.

Completely. So complete that he's now going to pretend he asked a completely different question about exposure to gender

And it's ironic considering he was telling us WE were dodging the question.

So once again, all I get it avoidance to this simple question... No one will admit that having consistent daily exposure to both genders is better than having consistent daily exposure to only one gender. It's something that is supported by liberals across a wide array of issues, but when it doesn't fit the paradigm that they want pushed suddenly diversity gets throw out the window. You can reply to this all you want, but I won't be reading them. It's not because you think that you "won" this argument, but because it's so frustrating to see people simply refuse to use common sense.

So, as I predicted, you were completely uninterested in an answer to your question. You just wanted people to agree with your agenda... and if they didn't, they were not answering your question. This is incredibly weak debating.

Nah, dude. You totally lost the argument.

Completely. So complete that he's now going to pretend he asked a completely different question about exposure to gender

Well he did say this.
You can reply to this all you want, but I won't be reading them. It's not because you think that you "won" this argument, but because it's so frustrating to see people simply refuse to use common sense.

That's as narcissistic as it gets. Basically he's saying "If you don't agree with me your wrong and not capable of common sense. I am the bench mark of common sense. I am the model you must all follow. I am perfection you must obey. "

Yet another Christian that thinks they're God. This is why I walked away from Religion, far too many demigods in it.

What I would like to see (and understand) is how these studies are able to isolate "homosexuality" as a factor for examination in vacuo from all the other factors that go into effective parenting. It's one thing to say that "gay parenting" is good or bad, but how do they know the outcome is because of the gay factor?

I just don't understand the methodology, either way, but maybe that's why I was never big into sociology.

What I would like to see (and understand) is how these studies are able to isolate "homosexuality" as a factor for examination in vacuo from all the other factors that go into effective parenting. It's one thing to say that "gay parenting" is good or bad, but how do they know the outcome is because of the gay factor?

I just don't understand the methodology, either way, but maybe that's why I was never big into sociology.

They don't actually. What they do is take families... those with heterosexual parents and those with homosexual parents, and do the same kinds of tests on both... tests that indicate how well the children are doing in many different areas. Then they compare the two groups. This is what Hooker's landmark study did that demonstrated that homosexuality was not a mental disorder. She choose a group of homosexuals and a group of heterosexuals, both of which had no member with a history of mental health issues, gave them a series of psychological projective tests and then had psychologists read them and try to determine which were the homosexuals. When they couldn't, it was clear that there there was no difference. To some extent, that's what the studies that examine the difference between heterosexual parents and homosexual parents do... and have found. There is no difference in the outcomes of the children.

They don't actually. What they do is take families... those with heterosexual parents and those with homosexual parents, and do the same kinds of tests on both... tests that indicate how well the children are doing in many different areas. Then they compare the two groups. This is what Hooker's landmark study did that demonstrated that homosexuality was not a mental disorder. She choose a group of homosexuals and a group of heterosexuals, both of which had no member with a history of mental health issues, gave them a series of psychological projective tests and then had psychologists read them and try to determine which were the homosexuals. When they couldn't, it was clear that there there was no difference. To some extent, that's what the studies that examine the difference between heterosexual parents and homosexual parents do... and have found. There is no difference in the outcomes of the children.

Why would anyone imagine that it was better for a child--any child--to have homosexual parents rather than its natural parents? Men and women are not the same, and mothers and fathers both contribute in their unique ways to the development of their children.

Why would anyone imagine that it was better for a child--any child--to have homosexual parents rather than its natural parents? Men and women are not the same, and mothers and fathers both contribute in their unique ways to the development of their children.

Why would anyone disagree with studies and information without presenting a thing to dispute that information? Just goes to show us that there ARE some flat earthers left.

Why would anyone disagree with studies and information without presenting a thing to dispute that information? Just goes to show us that there ARE some flat earthers left.

The results of your study defy reason. Therefore I don't find them believable.

If you're claiming same sex parents aren't any better than opposite sex parents, I'd agree. But if your claiming that heterosexual couples are better, I'd have to see proof. The claim of "self evident" isn't proof or even evidence. And just stating the word "biological" isn't evidence. I want to see hard provable clinical data supporting such a claim.

If you don't have it you're just espousing an opinion and be my guest I just don't agree with it.

One would figure that natural parents would always be best...but that is not real life. Natural parents are not always best for the child. In those circumstances, the child being placed in a loving home far out weighs the short-coming of the natural parents..

That being said; of those that adopt children, the sexual orientation of the parents is not determent to the development of the child.

One would figure that natural parents would always be best...but that is not real life. Natural parents are not always best for the child. In those circumstances, the child being placed in a loving home far out weighs the short-coming of the natural parents..

That being said; of those that adopt children, the sexual orientation of the parents is not determent to the development of the child.

I wonder where the idea that the ability to procreate with ones spouse equals best at parenting.

Now I understand. The ideal, among peoples all over the earth, throughout all these millennia, would have been for a man and a woman only to conceive the child, for the woman to give birth to it--and no more. Children should then have been placed in the care of homosexuals for all their further development. Unfortunately, almost everyone who has ever lived has been wrong in this regard, with the persons responsible for bringing the child into being insisting dumbly on taking care of it. Only in recent years have homosexuals in this and other advanced countries finally enlightened us about how wrong nature and evolution are.

Now I understand. The ideal, among peoples all over the earth, throughout all these millennia, would have been for a man and a woman only to conceive the child, for the woman to give birth to it--and no more. Children should then have been placed in the care of homosexuals for all their further development. Unfortunately, almost everyone who has ever lived has been wrong in this regard, with the persons responsible for bringing the child into being insisting dumbly on taking care of it. Only in recent years have homosexuals in this and other advanced countries finally enlightened us about how wrong nature and evolution are.

That would be asinine..what is more asinine is that you took the time to think it up.

The results of your study defy reason. Therefore I don't find them believable.

Your denial of facts is similar to that of flat earthers. There are multiple studies that demonstrate that you are incorrect.

Ah. You're upset that your position has no merit so you have chosen to pout. Good to know.

Your denial of facts is similar to that of flat earthers. There are multiple studies that demonstrate that you are incorrect.

Yes--how blind of me not to realize that most people from the dawn of time have been wrong to follow their natural impulses to parent the children they conceived. Why, it should be obvious that evolutionary selection would have favored parents who were lousy at caring for their offspring. If only all those billions of fools had had the preternatural wisdom about child-rearing of today's homosexuals.

Where in the hell did you come up with that one?
My gay business partner and his (recent spouse,they have been together for 30 years) spouse raised their son (who is straight) who ended up being class valedictorian in college and is a partner in a prestigious lawfirm.He has two wonderful children and a lovely wife.
Gay parents can be just as good a parents as straight parents.

I can't see that it matters whether the parents are gay or straight as long as they are stable.

I read a couple interesting articles today on a new study from a Catholic University on the effects of same-sex parenting.

Another Study Finds Same-Sex Parents Aren't Best For Kids

And...

Study: Children Of Gay Parents More Depressed | The Daily Caller

Interesting eh? But what I could not figure out is why the articles said nothing of this part of the study...[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Weird. Why would they not mention that minor detail?

I think the more important question is how they got their sample. If this is indeed "the most comprehensive survey of US Adolescents ever", then the results are probably more reliable than the "Convenience Sample" survey's that feature self-selection.

Where in the hell did you come up with that one?
My gay business partner and his (recent spouse,they have been together for 30 years) spouse raised their son (who is straight) who ended up being class valedictorian in college and is a partner in a prestigious lawfirm.He has two wonderful children and a lovely wife.
Gay parents can be just as good a parents as straight parents.

Where the hell did you come up with that story? Before becoming class valedictorian and a partner in a prestigious law firm--presumably after editing his law school's journal, publishing a law review article so brilliant it has become a classic, and graduating first in his class--did this man, with his wonderful children and lovely wife, by any chance win the Medal of Honor while serving in some elite military unit he had volunteered for, maybe after being an Eagle Scout?

Where the hell did you come up with that story? Before becoming class valedictorian and a partner in a prestigious law firm--presumably after editing his law school's journal, publishing a law review article so brilliant it has become a classic, and graduating first in his class--did this man by any chance win the Medal of Honor while serving in some elite military unit he had volunteered for, maybe after being an Eagle Scout?

I witnessed it with my own eyes. I was there when it happened,and catered the party afterwards.
Whether or not you chose to believe it is of no concern to me.
Who should I beleive my eyes or some nobody hiding behind a keyboard trying to throw shade towards gay parent?

Once again,gay parents can be just as good at raising their children as straight parents are,whether you like it or not,that's just the way it is.

I dont know about the parenting part but they are spot on with the 'conceiving' and 'having' part.

Back
Top Bottom