• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another idiot cop who assaults a black teen tazing him and potentially almost could have killed him

What made this teen different from any other teen? Why would the officer suspect him of being capable of murder?

A contest of for the dumbest message of the day? Almost everyone is "capable of murder."

The desperate level of hatred progressives now are REQUIRED to vomit out is sickening and people are being murdered and victimized in Democratic run jurisdictions as a result.

The officer should be congratulated - in that he risked his life NOT holding his pistol instead.

Well, actually over 75% simply have "parent", as in singular, and even then the word "parent" is used VERY loosely Marrybore.

We have got to start being HONEST if we are going to discuss this.

Yes, the US has a shameful racist past. YES, blacks in the USA have not historically been treated the same as Whites, we all know that. Thats not good, and there has been great strides made, the US has many faults but really when compared globally is a pretty darned accepting society with a lot of opportunities. I know its rigged to the rich, I cant help that. I supported Sanders and others who promise to raise taxes.

But the race whining has just become so OLD Marry, its worn thin IMO. There are a LOT of problems in this community and they are mostly created by those in the community, and will have to be FIXED by those in the community. Or not.
And I am not seeing where the necessary behavior modifications are being made.
I appreciate this, Warry, but what has it got to do with white cops injuring or killing unarmed teenaged black kids?

This 16 year old boy was walking while black in a white neighborhood, he want around back to visit his girlfriend, sadly for him he was being followed by a violent cop who tasered him while he was texting his girlfriend to come out and explain to the cop that he was not only there legally but that he was very welcome there.

Violent Cop George Smyrnios tasered the unarmed teen making him fall backwards hitting his head on a brick fire pit.

He tasered him a second time, handcuffed him, kidnapped him from a place where he was legally entitled to be (not having committed any crime except meeting an idiot cop) and he is being held 21 days instead of doing nice things with his girlfriend/friends.

Another violent aggressive cop who used violence for no proper reason.

The cop needs to be put on desk duty for awhile and needs to complete use of force training. Multiple tasing was not necessary, the cop was being lazy.

The pumped up the charges for this, but they always do to cover their asses. The cop, instead of tasing the kid, should have talked with the people in the house to see if the kid was there by invite, if he was welcomed, or if he was trespassing. That's how it should have been handled. This cop escalated the issue into a confrontation and there's no need for that.

This is one of the big problems, IMO, with law enforcement. They escalate their encounters. They are the ones that escalate shit. Like that cop that used a PIT against a pregnant woman who was doing everything right to indicate that she was going to pull over. Purposeful escalation of scenarios that need not be violent at all.

I gather all you progressives also think the mother should be stripped of all parental rights because she said her son should have complied. Clearly, any parent who teaches children to comply with police is a bad parent according to most progressives on this thread.

A contest of for the dumbest message of the day? Almost everyone is "capable of murder."
Yes, but police officers don't go around tasering "almost everyone", do they?
The desperate level of hatred progressives now are REQUIRED to vomit out is sickening and people are being murdered and victimized in Democratic run jurisdictions as a result.
You got all that from my posts?
The officer should be congratulated - in that he risked his life NOT holding his pistol instead.
Who the hell would shoot to death an unarmed 16-year-old kid?

Just to make this clear as a fact, the more progressives attack police they know the more blacks who are going to get murdered, mostly by other blacks. Since Democratic officials in Democratic run cities are doing everything else to drive black people out of their cities and since the Democratic Party historically resorts to murder when other methods fail, candidly I am coming to think the reason white progressives so furious attack police is because they want more black people murdered.

When you KNOW the result of an action is black people murdered - and the more you double down the more black people murdered - at some point the REAL motive becomes apparent. Eliminate the police to eliminate black people.

I appreciate this, Warry, but what has it got to do with white cops injuring or killing unarmed teenaged black kids?

Black "teens" have to listen to the Police just like anyone else Marry.
Now if you think you're SPECIAL, if you think you're at Burger King and you're going to "have it your way"...heh heh heh, well you might get tazed. You might get shot. You could go to prison.

Now just as an example: Look at that "poor unarmed black teen" Mike Brown for instance.

Just a "Gentle Giant", never would harm a flea, on his way to church recital and was "gunned down by a racist cop for jaywalking". :rolleyes:

Just an "unarmed teen black kid"....UH HUH.(y)

I'm sure the "teen" deserved that, and probably more. (y)
It pays to listen to and cooperate with Police.
Thats what I always do.
Would you please explain what justification the officer had for tasing a boy who was visiting his girlfriend's house?

Black "teens" have to listen to the Police just like anyone else Marry.
Now if you think you're SPECIAL, if you think you're at Burger King and you're going to "have it your way"...heh heh heh, well you might get tazed. You might get shot. You could go to prison.
The thought of an innocent, unarmed, dissatisfied Burger King customer being murdered makes you laugh, does it?
The cop was in the wrong, Warry. Perhaps the kid should have been more attentive to what the cop was asking him to do, I don't know; but that sounds like victim blaming. "Well, if she didn't want to be sexually assaulted, she should just have used common sense and not go out at night!" A woman should be able to go out at night and not be assaulted. A boy should be able to drop in on his girlfriend without being tasered.

The cop was in the wrong, Warry. Perhaps the kid should have been more attentive to what the cop was asking him to do, I don't know;

Well....I *do* know Marry. Your statement is contradictory.
"The cop was in the wrong, but the poor teen should have listened"
Thats not how it works.

but that sounds like victim blaming.
The "teen" is NOT a "victim" Marry. You are mistaken there. When you cant follow simple instructions and you force a Police Officer to use force with you, you are NOT a "victim".
OK then. (y)

Thats not how it works.

The "teen" is NOT a "victim" Marry. You are mistaken there. When you cant follow simple instructions and you force a Police Officer to use force with you, you are NOT a "victim".
OK then. (y)
Nobody "forced" the cop to do anything. The boy was not presenting a threat. Merely being noncompliant is not sufficient justification to attack him.

Murica’. The boot is always right!

Thats not how it works.
Yes it is. I equated what you were doing with victim blaming. It would have been wiser, perhaps, for the teen to have listened. But it's also wise to listen when you're being mugged at gunpoint. Does that mean the mugger is justified or that you "deserve" what you get if you refuse to comply?

OK then. (y)
He wasn't a victim? How was the cop's use of force justified in any way? Because the teen could have had a weapon? One does not, as a police officer, randomly go about violently assaulting teens dropping in on their girlfriends and holding their phone with both hands and texting because you worry they might have a concealed weapon. As you said earlier, practically anyone is capable of murder, Warry.

A man is standing back to the trooper clearly with something in his hands. The State Trooper tells him to put his hands behind his back - which would allow the officer to see what he had in his hands. In my opinion, the Trooper endangered his life by relying that his taser could stop that man from shooting him in the head with a 44 magnum is that's what was in his hands.
The mans back was not to the officer, and the officer actually moved in a way to where he was further behind the individual, obstructing his view in a way. If he was worried about what's in the guys hands he could have stayed right where he was.

The kid should have listened, but the cop acted carelessly and over reacted pretty drastically. This should be obvious to unbiased person.

The reason the officer was not allowed to use the electric weapon is simple, even if a person is running away and the running away is his only offense, then the use of a taser is not allowed.

Now in the original article it says:

FHP policy states: “The use of a CEW (conducted electrical weapon) is authorized and may be an appropriate response in the case of a sudden attack, or when ‘active resistance’ or greater is offered by a subject who is about to be taken into custody for any reason.”

The teen clearly was not suddenly attacking the officer, neither was he offering active resistance or greater while he was about to be taken into custody.

Florida law even states that "it must involve a custodial situation when the subject is actively physically resisting."

None of this was happening in this case. This was just a bad cop with an attitude and aggression problem.

https://www.winknews.com/2021/06/22...Wheva4Z3uqKNb8LHxNOb0vRCPCYCLxAjAa16iFPnqPxXQ

I love the bootlickers that think that an officer who can clearly see someone holding a phone is a threat because that person "might be holding a gun".

Please, please...don't call yourselves libertarians, whatever you do.

Or that the LEO can't clearly see what that person is holding and therefore in the universe of all things possible, known and unknown, it could be a gun and treats the person for that one unknown reason as a threat of harm or death to the officer or others and takes action against that person at the persons' expense.

Or that the LEO can't clearly see what that person is holding

Yes, he could.

and therefore in the universe of all things possible, known and unknown, it could be a gun and treats the person for that one unknown reason as a threat of harm or death to the officer or others and takes action against that person at the persons' expense.

Believe it or not, the cops can't harm you pre-emptively based on it's possible that he could have had a weapon. The officer needs reasonable belief that the guy was a threat. He didn't have that. Someone looking at their phone is no threat.

Believe it or not, the cops can't harm you pre-emptively based on it's possible that he could have had a weapon.

They can though. Thats where you're mistaken.
They can and do.
And rightfully so. Thats why you have to show your hands when they say, if you go reaching around you might get ventilated.
Just look at that big dummy Jacob Blake. Hey, when you get your spine severed by a policemans bullet just dont come running to me! :LOL:

And above all: dont go acting a DAMN FOOL when interacting with Law Enforcement. (I cant stress that one enough)
Have a great day, and thanks for readin'. (y)

neither was he offering active resistance or greater while he was about to be taken into custody.

I'm pretty sure dousing yourself in gasoline, refusing to follow instructions, and going berserk could be categorized as "active resistance", I do not agree with your interpretation.

I'm pretty sure dousing yourself in gasoline, refusing to follow instructions, and going berserk could be categorized as "active resistance", I do not agree with your interpretation.
Gasoline? What on earth are you talking about? The kid was sending a text on his phone, there was no gasoline, just an irrational poorly trained bully cop.

Gasoline? What on earth are you talking about? The kid was sending a text on his phone, there was no gasoline, just an irrational poorly trained bully cop.

Oh, there was also discussion in the thread regarding another case where a guy wouldn't listen to Police.

This kid here should have simply listened and showed his hands when asked.

It really isnt difficult. Well...for some it is I guess. They'd rather be tazed. Then they can cry victim and go for that payout.

Or that the LEO can't clearly see what that person is holding and therefore in the universe of all things possible, known and unknown, it could be a gun and treats the person for that one unknown reason as a threat of harm or death to the officer or others and takes action against that person at the persons' expense.

I know bugger all about guns but I'm pretty sure holding a gun and holding a phone look pretty dissimilar due to a gun being much bigger and pointier.
He's also looking down at his phone as he's texting which again isn't what I imagine someone would do if they were about to shoot at someone as they'd be looking at the target but maybe I'm wrong and he has some kind of computer targeting system that can target people without looking.

All in all a situation where someone is standing still and looking down at a phone in plain sight and he had a view from the side not that far away (he's within taser range) it really shouldn't take a genius to figure out that someone isn't an imminent threat.

This 16 year old boy was walking while black in a white neighborhood, he want around back to visit his girlfriend, sadly for him he was being followed by a violent cop who tasered him while he was texting his girlfriend to come out and explain to the cop that he was not only there legally but that he was very welcome there.

Violent Cop George Smyrnios tasered the unarmed teen making him fall backwards hitting his head on a brick fire pit.

He tasered him a second time, handcuffed him, kidnapped him from a place where he was legally entitled to be (not having committed any crime except meeting an idiot cop) and he is being held 21 days instead of doing nice things with his girlfriend/friends.

Another violent aggressive cop who used violence for no proper reason.

It's probably just another story where the news affiliate desperate for ratings and it's out details that are crucial today situation in order to drive up viewership this works every time that's why they do it.

If you wonder why there's division on this it's because of the dishonesty. You cannot trust these people to report on this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom