• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another idiot cop who assaults a black teen tazing him and potentially almost could have killed him

A person fleeing from the scene of a felony was considered to have renounced any claim to justice
LOL

🤣 🤣🤣

What an unbelievably stupid ****ing thing to say...

Hole-E-Shit LOL

What is it for and what should teh cop have done, I continue to ask.
If somebody is standing there peacefully the cop is supposed to wait and keep talking...

What is it with these piece of shit attitudes that cops get to give us some time limit in which to comply or face being attacked into submission?

So, an adult-sized person walks into the back yard of a house. A police officer asks him to turn around and show his hands. The person does not comply, and has something in his hands. The police officer tazes him. All the kid had to do was comply with turning around and showing his hands. It's really not that hard guys.
Why is the cop following him in the first place? Why is the cop asking him to show his hands? What crime does the cop have reasonable suspicion that the kid has already committed? That is the real problem here... cops not following the law. Cops do not get to just come up to people and demand that they ID themselves, show their hands, etc. The real REAL problem is people's attitudes like yours that condone violence from cops who are acting like actors of a dictator state. Hate to state it... but this is America, New Zealand, Aussie, Western Europe, Japan, etc. We are democracies. Having to "show your papers" and submit to cops is a Nazi thing...

Life isn't perfect. We have to work with each other to get it all to work correctly. We call that being responsible. Was this kid doing the responsible thing when he ignored the police officer's directions? No.

Seems to me the point is the situation should have never happened to begin with. But as usual, we're not getting the whole story--was this kid doing something suspicious besides being brown? Why didn't he go to the front door? Was he avoiding the cop because he had a joint in his pocket and ran out back to try to get rid of him? Were their words said? Did the cop know him from his earlier arrest? (He was on probation.)

Breaking probation is most likely why he's in lockup. That's pretty standard. But from what's on the video, it's clear the kid was texting, in broad daylight, in a white girl's yard, and there's no reason based on that to be followed or tased. There could be a lot more to this story that got the cop worked up, but from what CBS has fed us, no.

LOL so bow down to a cop... smile, know your place, hope they do not pull a weapon on you and if they do, be polite, etc. Beg for your life, maybe?
No. Act like an adult instead of a petulant child. If he's ****ing with you that will soon be known and then you can go through the motions, be on your way, and call your lawyer.

No. Act like an adult instead of a petulant child. If he's ****ing with you that will soon be known and then you can go through the motions, be on your way, and call your lawyer.
Or get better cops and not settle. Accepting that we "go through the motions" when we are being ****ed with is not acceptable.

Oh ffs. follow the commands of the police, especially when a weapon of some form is drawn on you. Smile, be polite, and if they're ****ing with you for no reason, call the lawyer.

This is how you don't get shot, tased, beatdown, run over, kicked, choked or have some other bad thing happen to you.

It's not ****ing hard to do people.
wow, talk about one sided things.

1. police should stop shouting 10 orders a second, especially when there are several officers shouting lightning fast orders a the same time.
2. for ****s sake, is it that difficult to not start waiving weapons if there is no proper reason to do so
3. would it hurt for an officer to be some what of the things you want the stopped person to do? Be polite, don't curse, don't threaten to **** them up, have a bit of a smile and BE PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS.
4. If your in a heap on the ground beaten to a pulp of worse by a bunch of violent cops, how much is your lawyer going to help in preventing it. If cops are allowed to violate the rights and health of the suspect with impunity, why would they not do whatever they want to a suspect because "the 4 officers with drawn weapons were scared of a black man in a car who does not want to roll down his car window fully and gives the drivers license and papers through the slot in the window". You know a closed door with a man who ran a stop sign is so dangerous that you needed 5 officers to give him a ticket :rolleyes:

5. And there it is, always justifying the horrendous use of violence for no reason because the black (for example) young man was stopped for the 20th time because he had a nice car.

It is indeed not frigging hard for police officers to do the right thing, other countries have plenty of officers who do not need to be violent for most or maybe all of their career, never needing to draw their weapon. Who solve issues without the need for tasers, pepper spray, batons, guns or horrendous violence.

Start with proper choosing of new officers, train your officers properly, make sure they are fit and healthy, get additional training yearly and teach them the proper tools of the trade to resort most situations without the need for violence. And hold them to the highest standards. Also, when breaking the law they need to be punished.

It ain't brain surgery to have a professional police department, but you get what you paid for IMO. And I would hope properly training officers will save cities millions in not having to pay out to victims of police brutality.

I think defunding the police is nonsense. But redistributing money to move police tasks to non police officers or specialized officers who have mental health experience/dealing with homelessness and helping vulnerable teens/children for example in school.
Defunding the police is nonsense, and I agree with what you've said here. However, I believe a more nefarious motive is behind the movement.

Or get better cops and not settle. Accepting that we "go through the motions" when we are being ****ed with is not acceptable.
See how that works out for ya...

This 16 year old boy was walking while black in a white neighborhood, he want around back to visit his girlfriend, sadly for him he was being followed by a violent cop who tasered him while he was texting his girlfriend to come out and explain to the cop that he was not only there legally but that he was very welcome there.

Violent Cop George Smyrnios tasered the unarmed teen making him fall backwards hitting his head on a brick fire pit.

He tasered him a second time, handcuffed him, kidnapped him from a place where he was legally entitled to be (not having committed any crime except meeting an idiot cop) and he is being held 21 days instead of doing nice things with his girlfriend/friends.

Another violent aggressive cop who used violence for no proper reason.

That is what you get when you're directly showing noncompliance. Same happens to any suspect, be they white, black, or any other modifier.

wow, talk about one sided things.

1. police should stop shouting 10 orders a second, especially when there are several officers shouting lightning fast orders a the same time.
2. for ****s sake, is it that difficult to not start waiving weapons if there is no proper reason to do so
3. would it hurt for an officer to be some what of the things you want the stopped person to do? Be polite, don't curse, don't threaten to **** them up, have a bit of a smile and BE PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS.
4. If your in a heap on the ground beaten to a pulp of worse by a bunch of violent cops, how much is your lawyer going to help in preventing it. If cops are allowed to violate the rights and health of the suspect with impunity, why would they not do whatever they want to a suspect because "the 4 officers with drawn weapons were scared of a black man in a car who does not want to roll down his car window fully and gives the drivers license and papers through the slot in the window". You know a closed door with a man who ran a stop sign is so dangerous that you needed 5 officers to give him a ticket :rolleyes:

5. And there it is, always justifying the horrendous use of violence for no reason because the black (for example) young man was stopped for the 20th time because he had a nice car.

It is indeed not frigging hard for police officers to do the right thing, other countries have plenty of officers who do not need to be violent for most or maybe all of their career, never needing to draw their weapon. Who solve issues without the need for tasers, pepper spray, batons, guns or horrendous violence.

Start with proper choosing of new officers, train your officers properly, make sure they are fit and healthy, get additional training yearly and teach them the proper tools of the trade to resort most situations without the need for violence. And hold them to the highest standards. Also, when breaking the law they need to be punished.

It ain't brain surgery to have a professional police department, but you get what you paid for IMO. And I would hope properly training officers will save cities millions in not having to pay out to victims of police brutality.
I'm not saying things don't need to change, I'm saying right now, until they do, do what your ****ing told and then you won't get dead. Easy Peasy.

I'm not saying things don't need to change, I'm saying right now, until they do, do what your ****ing told and then you won't get dead. Easy Peasy.

That attitude guarantees that the problem will get worse, not better.

The cop needs to be put on desk duty for awhile and needs to complete use of force training. Multiple tasing was not necessary, the cop was being lazy.

The pumped up the charges for this, but they always do to cover their asses. The cop, instead of tasing the kid, should have talked with the people in the house to see if the kid was there by invite, if he was welcomed, or if he was trespassing. That's how it should have been handled. This cop escalated the issue into a confrontation and there's no need for that.

This is one of the big problems, IMO, with law enforcement. They escalate their encounters. They are the ones that escalate shit. Like that cop that used a PIT against a pregnant woman who was doing everything right to indicate that she was going to pull over. Purposeful escalation of scenarios that need not be violent at all.
Let's not forget this cop was Officer of the Year last year. Tracking Hispanic kids in white neighborhoods must earn extra points.

No, no, there are no systemic problems in our law enforcement agencies. That's all communist propaganda that should be outlawed.

Okay. The kid did run and hide when he saw the cruiser. That is suspicious. It was the marijuana in his pocket, no doubt. But the tasing him was still ridiculous and I'm glad his mom is suing.

That attitude guarantees that the problem will get worse, not better.
Well then by all means, go be a martyr for the cause...

Defunding the police is nonsense, and I agree with what you've said here. However, I believe a more nefarious motive is behind the movement.
Or their motive is not being screwed around anymore.

That is what you get when you're directly showing noncompliance. Same happens to any suspect, be they white, black, or any other modifier.
No, that is what happens more often to black and it mostly happens in the US. There is a third option between going in all violent and walking away, it is called doing proper policing with proper tactics.

Or their motive is not being screwed around anymore.
Is that why they're already trying to blame the spike in violence to people going out and lawfully purchasing firearms?

Come now...

That is turning things around, accept that this is how and is and still risk getting killed or speak up about it and no longer accept this as the way "things are going to go".

Sorry, pal, I'm on the other end of the nightstick.
You don't have to apologize to me, the police are my friends, I kill them with kindness, and never have a problem, even when they go looking for one.

That being said, then be the change and lead by example.

Back
Top Bottom