• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another idiot cop who assaults a black teen tazing him and potentially almost could have killed him

You don't have to apologize to me, the police are my friends,
No we're not.

We have one friend; a clean desk. You are either on that desk, or you will one day be on that desk.

That is turning things around, accept that this is how and is and still risk getting killed or speak up about it and no longer accept this as the way "things are going to go".
There is a time and place for everything. It isn't out on the street.

That being said, then be the change and lead by example.

No problem. I haven't brutalized a single person this week. I'm not sure how I manage it.

No we're not.

We have one friend; a clean desk. You are either on that desk, or you will one day be on that desk.
Not me, I'm squeeky...

No problem. I haven't brutalized a single person this week. I'm not sure how I manage it.
Performance issues, huh?

Not me, I'm squeeky...

Nobody can go a single day without breaking a single law. Unless you're in a coma.

Then you're probably loitering.

Nobody can go a single day without breaking a single law. Unless you're in a coma.

Then you're probably loitering.
Nope. I'm in constant motion, always with purpose. Not one to linger, and I abhor lollygaggers

No, that is what happens more often to black and it mostly happens in the US. There is a third option between going in all violent and walking away, it is called doing proper policing with proper tactics.
Proper policing and proper tactics were followed here. Had the young man complied with the officer, this would not have happened.

Can I ask what the source of your expertise is?
Knowledge that a many of these same cases are derived from non-compliance. Much the same as when we see the media post the victim as an unarmed man. That it was still the apsect of them physically fighting with the police that lead to them either being injured, or killed.

Are you honestly telling me that had the young man stopped, put his phone away and complied with the officer 100%, he would've ended up being hit with the taser?

Knowledge that a many of these same cases are derived from non-compliance. Much the same as when we see the media post the victim as an unarmed man. That it was still the apsect of them physically fighting with the police that lead to them either being injured, or killed.

Are you honestly telling me that had the young man stopped, put his phone away and complied with the officer 100%, he would've ended up being hit with the taser?

So you don't have a source for this alleged expertise of yours?

Proper policing and proper tactics were followed here. Had the young man complied with the officer, this would not have happened.
Actually proper procedure was not followed, how can you claim that when his own police force and the state of Florida ban the use of tasers in this way.

There is a time and place for everything. It isn't out on the street.
but that is where the problem happens, keeping silent is not the way out.

Actually proper procedure was not followed, how can you claim that when his own police force and the state of Florida ban the use of tasers in this way.
That would come down to an issue of awareness on that fact. Though, like the knee on the neck-back issue that we saw come up with Floyd's arrest. It was still something that was practiced within the police force.

Also given the fact of how cannibalistic some of these police forces are becoming. I'm not really going to act surprised when the head office jumps on something that looks like a major PR problem.

Being wrong while standing peacefully does not mean that you deserve to be assaulted...
he was not assaulted, he was compelled to comply.
What was the cop supposed to do? Wait more than a minute, talk to the kid, knock on the door of the home to see if they knew the kid? Pretty easy.
How long should they wait. In what circumstances should they wit? Should police carry timers?
We need less people with attitudes like yours... a lot less.

And I think people that respect the law should be more abundant.

Oh well, we disagree. Of course I don't need worry about being tased for not complying, others might. ;)

he was not assaulted, he was compelled to comply.

How long should they wait. In what circumstances should they wit? Should police carry timers?
I am sure that if you are a parent your do not act like that cop did when your kid is being difficult.

But maybe you do. How long should a parent have to wait before compelling their kid to comply?

If somebody is standing there peacefully the cop is supposed to wait and keep talking...

What is it with these piece of shit attitudes that cops get to give us some time limit in which to comply or face being attacked into submission?

If the cop did not follow procedure, disciple him. I am fine with that.

As a civilian, I have no problem with what occurred. I do not think police should be compelled to physically overpower people if they flee or do not comply.

I am sure that if you are a parent your do not act like that cop did when your kid is being difficult.

But maybe you do. How long should a parent have to wait before compelling their kid to comply?

a cop is not tasked with acting as a parent.

As a civilian, I have no problem with what occurred.
a cop is not tasked with acting as a parent.
When people don't understand that cops, that have no reasonable suspicion that a person has or is committing a crime, should not be following, asking for ID, giving orders and mostly, deploy force/assault against a person who is just standing there peaceful, then I understand that person has some serious problems. On top of that, when they fail to show even the slightest interest in getting cops to stop fascist like behavior then I don't really care in the slightest what their outlook is on the matter.

That would come down to an issue of awareness on that fact. Though, like the knee on the neck-back issue that we saw come up with Floyd's arrest. It was still something that was practiced within the police force.
I am not going to call that an issue of awareness, I am going to call it an issue of educating and training. The same with the Floyd arrest, there is no way you are going to be trained to do something like that for that long of a time.
Also given the fact of how cannibalistic some of these police forces are becoming. I'm not really going to act surprised when the head office jumps on something that looks like a major PR problem.
There has to become an end to civil forfeiture as a nice way to stack the coffers of the police. There has to become and end to the practice of "fining yourself out a financial trouble". If a city/county does not have enough money to pay the pill, then they need to raise the taxes rather than ordering the police to ticket their way to the local governments financial health.

but that is where the problem happens, keeping silent is not the way out.
Then don’t be shocked when a head gets cracked open.
The political process is the only way to change things.

Civil Disobedience isn’t what it used to be. Nowadays people think they can act a fool, disregard commands, directives, and lawful orders. Everyone thinks they’re Perry ****ing Mason.

Never met so many curbside lawyers in my life. There’s what you think the law says and what it actually says.

That is a problem and telling people who think that they know what the law says to go out and act a fool because that’s the only way to facilitate change is going to make a lot of people hurt and worse, dead.

Vote in people who you know will facilitate change. Petition your local governance to create review boards. Not only for when incidents take place but before that, at the hiring strange. Get the community more involved.

That’s the way to create change.
Not telling a 3 times divorced alcoholic whose paying child support out his ass to 4 unruly, unappreciative little shits and is up to his eyeballs in debt and drowning in aggravation that you don’t want to show your ID because you don’t “feel” he should have pulled you over and you “know your rights”, ain’t answering questions, and won’t cooperate in any way all the while trying to capture the entire exchange on a cell phone — that’s called a recipe for an ass whooping.

He don’t know if your John Q. Citizen or Jeffery Dahmer. You acting the fool is going to give him reason to believe your the latter rather than the former.

Don’t. Do. It.

It would be nice to think that the police would face consequences after doing something so obviously wrong.

They are protected by a legal process that non LEO don't enjoy.

This 16 year old boy was walking while black in a white neighborhood, he want around back to visit his girlfriend, sadly for him he was being followed by a violent cop who tasered him while he was texting his girlfriend to come out and explain to the cop that he was not only there legally but that he was very welcome there.

Violent Cop George Smyrnios tasered the unarmed teen making him fall backwards hitting his head on a brick fire pit.

He tasered him a second time, handcuffed him, kidnapped him from a place where he was legally entitled to be (not having committed any crime except meeting an idiot cop) and he is being held 21 days instead of doing nice things with his girlfriend/friends.

Another violent aggressive cop who used violence for no proper reason.

Well ignoring the silly "race-baiting" and the fact that it wasn't a "white neighborhood" - it didn't seem like the officer needed to tase him since he didn't show any physical resistance.

And of course we have people like who are seemingly illiterate on the law and what police protocol is chiming in, which doesn't help much in regard to serious discourse.

Back
Top Bottom