• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another idiot cop who assaults a black teen tazing him and potentially almost could have killed him

I guess you’re not arguing unarmed black kids should be allowed to break the law without consequences whenever they want?
No. Why would you think that based on what I said?

Why is the teen in this scenario running from the police? Sounds like that’s the problem right there
Maybe he is scared, running away should not be a death sentence.

Maybe he is scared, running away should not be a death sentence.

Well when you choose to act in socially harmful ways you may not be able to control what occurs. Driving drunk should not be a death sentence either. What things “should be” in your opinion really doesn’t matter

This 16 year old boy was walking while black in a white neighborhood, he want around back to visit his girlfriend, sadly for him he was being followed by a violent cop who tasered him while he was texting his girlfriend to come out and explain to the cop that he was not only there legally but that he was very welcome there.

Violent Cop George Smyrnios tasered the unarmed teen making him fall backwards hitting his head on a brick fire pit.

He tasered him a second time, handcuffed him, kidnapped him from a place where he was legally entitled to be (not having committed any crime except meeting an idiot cop) and he is being held 21 days instead of doing nice things with his girlfriend/friends.

Another violent aggressive cop who used violence for no proper reason.

The kid was wrong.

Why are so many outraged? What was teh cop supposed to do?

Give me a freakin break already folks.

Well when you choose to act in socially harmful ways you may not be able to control what occurs. Driving drunk should not be a death sentence either. What things “should be” in your opinion really doesn’t matter
No, the socially harmful act was perpetrated by the police in this case.

This has nothing to do with driving drunk.

No, the socially harmful act was perpetrated by the police in this case.

This has nothing to do with driving drunk.
Is it socially harmful when deadly force is used to apprehend a fleeing felon? That was the common law standard for thousands of years. A person fleeing from the scene of a felony was considered to have renounced any claim to justice and could be taken by whatever force was necessary

Is it socially harmful when deadly force is used to apprehend a fleeing felon? That was the common law standard for thousands of years. A person fleeing from the scene of a felony was considered to have renounced any claim to justice and could be taken by whatever force was necessary
It is grossly unjust if a teenage boy is shot and killed in this instance, yes. Why would you shoot a boy just because he was running away from you? How is that justification?

It is grossly unjust if a teenage boy is shot and killed in this instance, yes. Why would you shoot a boy just because he was running away from you? How is that justification?

Because by fleeing from the law you are communicating that you reject the very institution of that law. Literally making yourself outside the law.

The kid was wrong.

Yes, give us a break from idiot cops who break their own rules. A taser is not an obedience tool, it is not like the new age's whip or baton meant to beat/hurt/terrorize blacks/whites into obedience like good little suspects.

The taser is meant to be used in case of imminent attack/possible attack from a suspect to have a non-lethal (even though that is hardly the case if idiot cops taser a suspect dozens of times) way to protect the officer.

And the outrage is because of the impunity in which officers get to break the rules, kill people and animals with almost no fear of prosecution or guilty verdicts.

Yes, give us a break from idiot cops who break their own rules. A taser is not an obedience tool, it is not like the new age's whip or baton meant to beat/hurt/terrorize blacks/whites into obedience like good little suspects.

The taser is meant to be used in case of imminent attack/possible attack from a suspect to have a non-lethal (even though that is hardly the case if idiot cops taser a suspect dozens of times) way to protect the officer.

And the outrage is because of the impunity in which officers get to break the rules, kill people and animals with almost no fear of prosecution or guilty verdicts.
Is it your contention that criminal suspects should be bad and disobey police commands?

Because by fleeing from the law you are communicating that you reject the very institution of that law. Literally making yourself outside the law.
That's not necessarily the intention of the fleeing individual. The law should acknowledge that, and also not use undue force on someone like a teenage boy.

That's not necessarily the intention of the fleeing individual. The law should acknowledge that, and also not use undue force on someone like a teenage boy.
Well yes, that’s the exact intent. The point is to not go to court.

Well yes, that’s the exact intent. The point is to not go to court.
Do you think that deserves a death sentence then? Even if the person hasn't done anything wrong?

1. who the hell says he was a fleeing felon? Not me.
2. he was a suspect in a case but the Police did not have any evidence allowing them to arrest the 16 year old, so they waited for him and friends to leave in a car when they stopped by car with drawn guns
3. killing someone to "apprehend" someone is the most idiotic comments any police officer can make.
4. the next idiotic comment an officer can make, I was fearing for my life from a 16 year old with sagging pants who had jumped a fence (the officer was not able to scale) and who was running away from the officer, he had his face directed away from the officer who then shot him in the back of the head, then when he was down there dead or dying from a bullet to the brain/head the officer handcuffed him.

Well we also know what the life of the boy was worth, 4.9 million that is what the city is having to pay out for a violent officer who shot a 16 year old with no weapons on his in the back of his head.

And the felony here was...?

OK. I'll accept this. But then answer my question and what is the cop supposed to do if a tazer is not an obedience weapon? What is a tazer for if not to prod compliance?

OK. I'll accept this. But then answer my question and what is the cop supposed to do if a tazer is not an obedience weapon? What is a tazer for if not to prod compliance?
The taser is not meant for that, according to the rules of his own police force:

FHP policy states: “The use of a CEW (conducted electrical weapon) is authorized and may be an appropriate response in the case of a sudden attack, or when ‘active resistance’ or greater is offered by a subject who is about to be taken into custody for any reason.”

It is even easier if police officers do not keep tiny tin pot dictators who are free from all prosecution because they have the power and the public and prosecution for one reason is always going to side with the officer in criminal cases (or virtually always) even if the behavior of the officer to a sane person is really horrendous and abhorrent.
Good luck with that. You see even now, with all the Defund the Police BS, police depts still getting more than their fair share in most cases. That's the agreement. Protect those who protect us. On top of that you have a legal system set up that doesn't presume innocence -- so what do you expect?

All the more reason to not act a fool when dealing with the cops.

You don't deal yourself into a game when you know the deck is stacked against you.

What is it for and what should teh cop have done, I continue to ask.
I already replied what it is for according to the police force this officer works for, not for punishing non-violent, non threatening people.

Good luck with that. You see even now, with all the Defund the Police BS, police depts still getting more than their fair share in most cases. That's the agreement. Protect those who protect us. On top of that you have a legal system set up that doesn't presume innocence -- so what do you expect?

You don't deal yourself into a game when you know the deck is stacked against you.
I think defunding the police is nonsense. But redistributing money to move police tasks to non police officers or specialized officers who have mental health experience/dealing with homelessness and helping vulnerable teens/children for example in school.

Oh ffs. follow the commands of the police, especially when a weapon of some form is drawn on you. Smile, be polite, and if they're ****ing with you for no reason, call the lawyer.

This is how you don't get shot, tased, beatdown, run over, kicked, choked or have some other bad thing happen to you.

It's not ****ing hard to do people.
LOL so bow down to a cop... smile, know your place, hope they do not pull a weapon on you and if they do, be polite, etc. Beg for your life, maybe?

Police don't protect us... they respond to things that have already happened.

The kid was wrong.
Being wrong while standing peacefully does not mean that you deserve to be assaulted...
What was the cop supposed to do? Wait more than a minute, talk to the kid, knock on the door of the home to see if they knew the kid? Pretty easy.
We need less people with attitudes like yours... a lot less.

Back
Top Bottom