• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Angry at the unvaccinated? Here's a better way

It's time for you to stop the blaming... When you continue to point your fingers at only the right wing, you're purposely politicizing.
There are plenty of apolital people, of all color who are not vaccinated.
Yeah, but this is a political forum and the only anti vaxxers I've seen here are Cons.

The problem is you are expecting people trying to convince anti vaxxers to have the patience of a Saint. Is it productive to yell at anti vaxxers? Probably not, but that is a natural response when you have a long, well reasoned argument for getting vaxxed and the anti vaxxers just say "fake news".

I'm old enough to know what I can change and what I cannot change. I don't expect anything nor do I believe I am entitled to tell anyone how to live their lives. I haven't that right, legal or moral right to demand they get vaccinated. Not having the patience of a saint is helping how? It's never productive to shame and shame a minority group.
Not all vaxxers are saying "fake news".... The key I believe to reaching most unvaxxed is to get them less fearful of the vaxine, but that's done with empathy and kindness, and not by ostracising or punishment. Insisting that they are not patriotic for remaining unvaxxed is pure political nonsense.

Yeah, but this is a political forum and the only anti vaxxers I've seen here are Cons.

So that makes it okay for you to single out a certain political group for ridicule? How's that working for you? Changed any DP anti-vaxxers minds lately?

Of course they're not equivalent. The rioters of the summer in several cities were bailed out by a fund Harris supported.

I starting to get concerned...I think you are exhibiting signs of HDS.

I starting to get concerned...I think you are exhibiting signs of HDS.
Don't be too concerned. I'm very confident she'll be a one hit wonder. Everybody is already wondering what qualifications (other than two boxes being checked - black woman) she has to be VP. I'll be fine.

So that makes it okay for you to single out a certain political group for ridicule? How's that working for you? Changed any DP anti-vaxxers minds lately?
Yeah, you're right. We should still give the Nazis the benefit of the doubt. Surely they couldnt have been all bad? We never should have gone to war, we should have just kept trying to convince them that the Jews were "ok." You know, try to understand their perspective. We shoulda tried what your OP article suggests: empathy and curiosity. :rolleyes:

Yeah I went there...Godwinned your thread.

You're not kidding anyone, and I've heard it all before.
So you really don't care about the truth, you only want to accuse people according to your classification of them. You think someone may be conservative and you immediately assume they are a religious fanatic trump-loving insurrectionist anti-vaxx person, and never even bother to ascertain the truth. The truth is, I'm not an anti-vax person but I am anti-mandate. I know that is really hard for a lot of left leaning people to comprehend the subtle difference there. You know what else, I think women should be able to decide if they want to abort a fetus. I also think capitalism can't make the world a utopia and some limited government regulation is necessary. I can bet your reaction is OH MY GOD, he doesn't fit my perceived image that I want him to be, better to ignore reality and pretend. Got it.

The microchip for covid vaccination status exists already and people are happy to get it. This is reality, not crazy stuff. I am not religious, so you can cut that stupid shit whenever you realize you're making a fool of yourself. I and all my family and friends are fully vaccinated and I already got my third shot. Any other false accusations you'd like to conjure up? Look before you leap.

Isn't it sad that some demand that you TELL your friends to get vaccinated? If I acted authoritarian with my friend I'd be living their life instead of minding to my own. Now if they asked me what I thought, yes, then I would tell them I choose to be vaccinated and we'd have a talk about the pros of vaccination. Hopefully, I could break it down while listening to what they have to say, and allow them to be less fearful and come to making their best informed decision. After that, I'd accept that it's their fate, their choice...

eta: bold

Last edited:
So you really don't care about the truth, you only want to accuse people according to your classification of them. You think someone may be conservative and you immediately assume they are a religious fanatic trump-loving insurrectionist anti-vaxx person, and never even bother to ascertain the truth. The truth is, I'm not an anti-vax person but I am anti-mandate. I know that is really hard for a lot of left leaning people to comprehend the subtle difference there. You know what else, I think women should be able to decide if they want to abort a fetus. I also think capitalism can't make the world a utopia and some limited government regulation is necessary. I can bet your reaction is OH MY GOD, he doesn't fit my perceived image that I want him to be, better to ignore reality and pretend. Got it.
Please explain the functional difference when viewed as a threat to the functioning of the nation. Which covid obviously is.

Yeah, you're right. We should still give the Nazis the benefit of the doubt. Surely they couldnt have been all bad? We never should have gone to war, we should have just kept trying to convince them that the Jews were "ok." You know, try to understand their perspective.... :rolleyes:

Yeah I went there...Godwinned your thread.

Go right ahead if it makes you feel better.... :giggle:

Go right ahead if it makes you feel better.... :giggle:
No answer? The Nazis were a political party. You dont want to rethink your post?

Isn't it sad that some demand that you TELL your friends to get vaccinated? If I acted authoritarian with my friend I'd be living their life instead of minding to my own. Now if they asked me what I thought, yes, then I would tell them I choose to be vaccinated and we'd have a talk about the pros of vaccination. Hopefully, I could break it down while listening to what they have to say, and allow them to be less fearless and come to making their best informed decision. After that, I'd accept that it's their fate, their choice...
There are way to many Karens out there who lead miserable lives and instead of getting a life want to make everybody else as miserable and intolerable as they are.

I'm old enough to know what I can change and what I cannot change. I don't expect anything nor do I believe I am entitled to tell anyone how to live their lives. Not having the patience of a saint is helping how? It's never productive to shame and shame a minority group.
Not all vaxxers are saying "fake news".... The key I believe to reaching most unvaxxed is to get them less fearful of the vaxine, but that's done with empathy and kindness, and not by ostracising or punishment.

I suppose it depends on the Anti vaxxer, there could be members of the black community that could be afraid of the vaccine due to the history of the US government experimenting on black people. I can understand that, even if I think they should get vaxxed and someone could make a convincing argument to them.

But I think we are talking about the super obnoxious Tucker Carlson fans who have public meltdowns if they are asked to wear a mask in a store and think George Soros put a microchip in the vaccine. Those people tune out any sort of scientific argument and get mad if you even suggest doing anything to mitigate Covid-19. Yes, I would need the patience of a Saint to deal with such people. You can't say I am forcing them to decide how to live, when they insist they have the right to go into private stores without a mask and uvaccinated, despite the store having rules against that. They are imposing themselves on others at that point. That is like saying someone has the right to drive drunk all the time.

I suppose it depends on the Anti vaxxer, there could be members of the black community that could be afraid of the vaccine due to the history of the US government experimenting on black people. I can understand that, even if I think they should get vaxxed and someone could make a convincing argument to them.

But I think we are talking about the super obnoxious Tucker Carlson fans who have public meltdowns if they are asked to wear a mask in a store and think George Soros put a microchip in the vaccine. Those people tune out any sort of scientific argument and get mad if you even suggest doing anything to mitigate Covid-19. Yes, I would need the patience of a Saint to deal with such people. You can't say I am forcing them to decide how to live, when they insist they have the right to go into private stores without a mask and uvaccinated, despite the store having rules against that. They are imposing themselves on others at that point. That is like saying someone has the right to drive drunk all the time.

Tucker Carlson is anti-vaccine, anti-mask? Got a link or two?

Isn't it sad that some demand that you TELL your friends to get vaccinated? If I acted authoritarian with my friend I'd be living their life instead of minding to my own. Now if they asked me what I thought, yes, then I would tell them I choose to be vaccinated and we'd have a talk about the pros of vaccination. Hopefully, I could break it down while listening to what they have to say, and allow them to be less fearless and come to making their best informed decision. After that, I'd accept that it's their fate, their choice...
This reminds me of my fear of having a colonoscopy. I was afraid to go under. I was often told to get one, but my fear held me back. I started to question myself of the possibility that the colon cancer could be my demise, and my fear would have been foolish. My doctor, very gently gave me some statistics and nudged me into accepting an appointment. I am sure glad I did as I had some large pre cancer polyps and was put on the 3 year plan. Now I am on the 5 year plan.
But if someone would have just called me names, I doubt if that would have convinced me.

There are way to many Karens out there who lead miserable lives and instead of getting a life want to make everybody else as miserable and intolerable as they are.

What you have described is currently one of the biggest social pandemics we are facing. People who think they have the right to act like clods.
As the author of the O/P says, try a little empathy for the unvaccinated.

Please explain the functional difference when viewed as a threat to the functioning of the nation. Which covid obviously is.
It's simple. I, like you, am entitled to my own opinion. My opinion is my body, my choice. The government's sovereignty stops at my skin. Moreover, I really don't think it's a great idea to turn over the responsibility for my health and well being to a government that really doesn't have a great track record of success in much of anything. Would you like government mandated healthcare managed like the afghanistan withdrawal?

It's simple. I, like you, am entitled to my own opinion. My opinion is my body, my choice. The government's sovereignty stops at my skin. Moreover, I really don't think it's a great idea to turn over the responsibility for my health and well being to a government that really doesn't have a great track record of success in much of anything. Would you like government mandated healthcare managed like the afghanistan withdrawal?
Are you okay with drunk driving?

Some have a double standard when it comes to personal autonomy and freedom to choose...

It's sad, but very true...

This reminds me of my fear of having a colonoscopy. I was afraid to go under. I was often told to get one, but my fear held me back. I started to question myself of the possibility that the colon cancer could be my demise, and my fear would have been foolish. My doctor, very gently gave me some statistics and nudged me into accepting an appointment. I am sure glad I did as I had some large pre cancer polyps and was put on the 3 year plan. Now I am on the 5 year plan.
But if someone would have just called me names, I doubt if that would have convinced me.
Alot of people would listen to their doctor...who would never have called you names...and done some research, maybe gotten another opinion...etc.

Instead of being influenced...for their very lives...based on their emotions, by other people who agreed or disagreed.

Tucker Carlson is anti-vaccine, anti-mask? Got a link or two?

Sure:

Yes, it would take the patience of a Saint to deal with people who take medical advice from Tucker Carlson and have public meltdowns over masks:

Back
Top Bottom