• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And People Fuss About How Children Get Ahold Of Guns

Or cans of gasoline, matches...harmless stuff like that.
Let them play on the highway with something sharp.

How ridiculous that the pro gun crowd try and blame the children for their own incompetence with a gun.

It’s a shame a thread with promise about how potentially a 13 year old kid caused an accident killing 9 people and the legal troubles he may face was presented in a way that will ensure it’s demise in the gun control forum.
Don't think he will personally face any troubles, legal or otherwise.

Don't think he will personally face any troubles, legal or otherwise.
Probably not unless the DA grabs a shovel. But there could be some troubles for others surrounding the incident.

Probably not unless the DA grabs a shovel. But there could be some troubles for others surrounding the incident.
Who? the ones responsible are dead, unless you want to sue the maker of the Dodge or the spare tire manufacturer that blew, sorta like suing the maker of a gun used to kill someone.
Siemens' son was driving the family's Dodge truck when the front left tire, a spare, blew out as it hurtled down the flat Texas road at a high rate of speed, causing it to cross center line into on-coming traffic and slamming into a bus carrying eight University of the Southwest golf students, with six of those golfers and their coach all killed.

It was a horrible freak accident at a precise time needed for it to occur as it did.

I hope to live long enough to see the day when people stop with the stupid comparison of guns and cars.
It's doubtful, though.

Dolts always do it and can't seem to understand why its a logical fallacy.

On both sides.
Why on earth would a reasoned person who opposed guns bring up cars?

I have never seen anyone from the moral side do this. This always come from the nutters.

Why on earth would a reasoned person who opposed guns bring up cars?
To state that we should regulate guns like we regulate cars, typically. Insurance, licensing, training, etc.
I have never seen anyone from the moral side do this. This always come from the nutters.
I'm not responsible for what you see and don't see.

And nothing to do with the fact that the driver was an inexperienced 13 year old ?
And? There are a ton of "ifs" you can add to this but none of them will change the outcome of what happened. But if you want to lay the blame on the deceased 13 year old - OK. Does that change the other events that were in play too?

And? There are a ton of "ifs" you can add to this but none of them will change the outcome of what happened. But if you want to lay the blame on the deceased 13 year old - OK. Does that change the other events that were in play too?

And a 13 YO driver is going to be completely inexperienced and lose control of the vehicle. Which is what happened !!!

And a 13 YO driver is going to be completely inexperienced and lose control of the vehicle. Which is what happened !!!
Did you ever have a blowout on a front tire? Anyone at the wheel would have a hard time making a quick recovery, it yanks the wheel almost out of your hands and you are turning almost faster than you can react. In this case it was a left front tire and it would have pulled just about anyone in that direction before regaining control. You seem hell bent on blaming the kid, if you want to do ifs, if the tire did not blow he probably would have made it home safe, no one would have died and you would never knew of a 13 year old driver. I see you are from Georgia, perhaps you did not grow up on a farm but I am sure most of us that did were driving trucks and tractors by age 13, no not on the highway but all over the farm and fields.

its the same as anything dangerous you keep in your house such as cars and car keys.

Yes. Cars, swimming pools, stairs and ladders are all the same thing as a gun.
Oh yeah....and pencil stubs too. Just as deadly.

Its a tired old song fella, time to learn a new one methinks.

Yes. Cars, swimming pools, stairs and ladders are all the same thing as a gun.
Oh yeah....and pencil stubs too. Just as deadly.

Its a tired old song fella, time to learn a new one methinks.
Many times much worse:

Approximately 1.35 million people are killed in car accidents each year.
(38,826 die from gun violence – 2021 stats)

Approximately 360,000 people die in pool accidents each year.
(38,826 die from gun violence – 2021 stats)

Stairs ladders and pencils seem safer.
Approximately 12,000 people die falling down stairs each year.
Approximately 300 plus people die in ladder mishaps each year, 230 from pencil related deaths, 100 deaths form pen caps, etc..etc…

Did you ever have a blowout on a front tire? Anyone at the wheel would have a hard time making a quick recovery, it yanks the wheel almost out of your hands and you are turning almost faster than you can react. In this case it was a left front tire and it would have pulled just about anyone in that direction before regaining control. You seem hell bent on blaming the kid, if you want to do ifs, if the tire did not blow he probably would have made it home safe, no one would have died and you would never knew of a 13 year old driver. I see you are from Georgia, perhaps you did not grow up on a farm but I am sure most of us that did were driving trucks and tractors by age 13, no not on the highway but all over the farm and fields.

Actually yes. But I was a qualified driver and was able to stop by means other than crashing into an oncoming vehicle.

Actually yes. But I was a qualified driver and was able to stop by means other than crashing into an oncoming vehicle.
I highly doubt it was his plan to crash into the bus in order to stop. If you actually did have a front tire blow out then clearly there was no traffic for you to be overly concerned about, as a qualified driver of course. Count your blessings.

Back
Top Bottom