• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

And People Fuss About How Children Get Ahold Of Guns

Many times much worse:

Approximately 1.35 million people are killed in car accidents each year.
(38,826 die from gun violence – 2021 stats)
This is the number I found,
  • "More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants." Annual United States Road Crash Statistics That's quite a bit less than the number you posted. Your source?

This is the number I found,
  • "More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants." Annual United States Road Crash Statistics That's quite a bit less than the number you posted. Your source?
Yep, you are correct, I grabbed a figure from the wrong column I was reading. But that figure puts gun death and car deaths on a par with one another. Pool was also from the world column, should be "average of 3,536" for the US., stairs 1,307, ladders 412. etc etc. I think I needed more coffee.

I highly doubt it was his plan to crash into the bus in order to stop. If you actually did have a front tire blow out then clearly there was no traffic for you to be overly concerned about, as a qualified driver of course. Count your blessings.

No-one is suggesting it was pre-planned or deliberate.

Caused by criminally reckless behavior.
I would not call a tire blowing out criminal. You still want to focus on one contributing factor, ignoring all the others. We all ready know the Dad was a major criminal, why is he not your focus, kid did not drive without him being allowed to by his Dad. I realize that some people can not accept an accident on face value, there must always be one someone or something to blame. That's not me, I stand back and look at as much of the total picture as possible.

I would not call a tire blowing out criminal.

No-one did.

You still want to focus on one contributing factor, ignoring all the others. We all ready know the Dad was a major criminal, why is he not your focus, kid did not drive without him being allowed to by his Dad. I realize that some people can not accept an accident on face value, there must always be one someone or something to blame. That's not me, I stand back and look at as much of the total picture as possible.

Sure dad was a career criminal and letting 13 YO son drive on a highway just added to to list, and it cost them both their lives plus their victims.

No-one did.

Sure dad was a career criminal and letting 13 YO son drive on a highway just added to to list, and it cost them both their lives plus their victims.
The Speed limit on the two lane road they were driving on is 75 mph and it is stated that they were both traveling at a high rate of speed. That means their closing speed on each other was around 150 mph. They had to be very near one another when the tire blew, but lets say they were 1000 feet apart. The blowout yanked the truck across into the wrong lane, at best it would take a person about 3 seconds to try to correct another one second to be changing back, the closing rate of the cars was about 220 feet per second, it was all over in about 4.5 seconds. It would not matter who was driving, under those conditions their fate was set when the tire blew at that exact time.

The Speed limit on the two lane road they were driving on is 75 mph and it is stated that they were both traveling at a high rate of speed. That means their closing speed on each other was around 150 mph.

Or faster
You're assuming neither party wasn't speeding.

They had to be very near one another when the tire blew, but lets say they were 1000 feet apart. The blowout yanked the truck across into the wrong lane, at best it would take a person about 3 seconds to try to correct another one second to be changing back, the closing rate of the cars was about 220 feet per second, it was all over in about 4.5 seconds. It would not matter who was driving, under those conditions their fate was set when the tire blew at that exact time.

Speak for yourself.

Or faster
You're assuming neither party wasn't speeding.

Speak for yourself.
I posted "is stated that they were both traveling at a high rate of speed." and also noted the speed limit was 75 mph and gave calculations based on that speed. How in the world could you arrive at "You're assuming neither party wasn't speeding."????????

You are down to pure nonsense now, we are done.

Right! So leave poisons and guns and sharp objects just laying about in easy reach of a child.

People are not fussing about children getting hold of a gun. They are fussing about the stupidity of a gun owner who actually believes the propaganda of fear used by the gun pro crowd.
The problem is the idiot adult , not the child. But as usual the pro gun crowd will even blame children rather than face up to the fact that they are the problem.
what you really have a problem with is our right to own firearms

I posted "is stated that they were both traveling at a high rate of speed." and also noted the speed limit was 75 mph and gave calculations based on that speed. How in the world could you arrive at "You're assuming neither party wasn't speeding."????????

You are down to pure nonsense now, we are done.

And "a high rate of speed" can mean more than the nominal speed limit - and it probably was.

Not at all. No problem at all calling your rights to a gun as nothing more than a stupid and desperate clinging to a dead past.
yes, the passive attack on our rights by pretending you are so much smarter than every gun owner and you are the ultimate arbiter of what is a good reason to own a gun. I don't care. Your arguments are pathetic and your relevance to my rights is non-existent

People fuss about how having guns in the household means that children, if you ever have children in the house, can get ahold of your guns and cause disaster. Well its the same as anything dangerous you keep in your house such as cars and car keys. Whose to say your children won't get ahold of your car keys, or for that matter truck keys as in the case below, and take your car or truck out for a joyride and kill a bunch of people? Just take this case for instance.

the dad was in the car with the kid, so this is not about the kid getting hold of keys. Christ almiighty the stupid shit conservative posts to try and make up from a lack of any intelligent arguments or facts is tiresome

It’s a shame a thread with promise about how potentially a 13 year old kid caused an accident killing 9 people and the legal troubles he may face was presented in a way that will ensure it’s demise in the gun control forum.

Both the kid and the father died

It was a horrible freak accident at a precise time needed for it to occur as it did.

Yeah, that's what struck me, the spare tire (donut actually) failed at the exact time another care was passing. probably didn't pass too many cars where they were. But then again, that's why they have speed max when you are on a donut, its not a real replacement but a temp until you get a real tire

the dad was in the car with the kid, so this is not about the kid getting hold of keys. Christ almiighty the stupid shit conservative posts to try and make up from a lack of any intelligent arguments or facts is tiresome

Both the kid and the father died
can you cite a post of yours on the gun forum that contains an "intelligent argument" or is not a trolling attack on gun rights?

yes, the passive attack on our rights by pretending you are so much smarter than every gun owner and you are the ultimate arbiter of what is a good reason to own a gun. I don't care. Your arguments are pathetic and your relevance to my rights is non-existent
can you cite a post of yours on the gun forum that contains an "intelligent argument" or is not a trolling attack... ?
Can you? :unsure: :) :giggle: ;)

It is no pretense. I am certainly smarter than a person like you who cannot even argue his case without falling into a fallacy or just attacks the player because you're incompetent at actually arguing the points.

Back
Top Bottom