• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An end to racism

Gays and lesbians often move into run down multi-ethnic neighborhoods. Dr King would be heartened by the progress but he would never give up until the dream is fully realized for all.
A do-gooder, or two, but not a general rule. I doubt there are very many people who are going to buy a $250,000 home in a run down neighborhood. Well, they would ahve to build it, because there aren't any houses in those neighborhoods that are worth 250 g's.

Last edited:
I know that you missed it, though others here did not (Laila, for one). Racism exists WITHIN the black community. It isn't just something that whites do to blacks, it's something blacks do TO THEMSELVES.

Yes, that is true. We are talking about an end to racism. That means all racism--including black on brown or latte or black on black etc etc.

Let's discuss how that can occur.

Last edited:
Yes, that's called gentrification. Look it up. See what it actually does to low income black families.

Yes. I don't have to look it up I already used the term. When people fix up their properties the property values go up and pretty soon poor people can't afford the neighborhood.

Let's demonize gay folks. We are all so oppressive to other minority groups.

I lived in a working class multi-ethnic neighborhood for many years in Portland, Oregon. Now on the west side of the river, it was another story. Tom and Joe's neighborhood got REAL gentrified and poor people were pushed out. It was the businesses that moved in that really made it trendy.

Property values went up in my neighborhood, but the racial mix of the neighborhood stayed the same. I loved it there.

Last edited:
Gentrification just adds to the diversity, just saying like.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom