• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans fault Trump for chaotic government shutdown

I wonder if trump taking full ownership of the shutdown has any connection with the majority of Americans giving him full ownership of the shutdown.

We may never know.

I wonder if trump taking full ownership of the shutdown has any connection with the majority of Americans giving him full ownership of the shutdown.

We may never know.

Well Trump said he was "proud" to shut down the government.

His pride was short lived though...but not short enough.

Why would anyone think it was chaotic?

Meh

Fake "news"

Americans fault Trump for chaotic government shutdown, as more believe US is ‘on the wrong track’

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190116150054-25-trump-year-two.jpg

The numbers above are horrific. Trump has 17 days to decide if he again wants to go to war over his wall. He took an ass beating for the 35 day shutdown that just ended with temporary funding bills.

I doubt the GOP Senate would support another protracted shutdown. That leaves Trump with the "national emergency" gambit, a Hail Mary as there isn't any national emergency extant on the borders.

The most rational way forward is for Trump to sign whatever bipartisan compromise funding bills the Congressional leaderships forward to his desk.

Logically theres no one else to blame

I mean dont get me wrong if you want to say trump and all of congress share blame . . thats fine but theres no scenerio where he doesnt have blame and fault. Nobody honest educated and objective would ever take it off of him.

Logically theres no one else to blame

I mean dont get me wrong if you want to say trump and all of congress share blame . . thats fine but theres no scenerio where he doesnt have blame and fault. Nobody honest educated and objective would ever take it off of him.

A bit like a terrorist killing his hostages and then saying the government was to blame for not agreeing to his demands.

A bit like a terrorist killing his hostages and then saying the government was to blame for not agreeing to his demands.

as far as logic goes i agree, any claims where he isnt at fault fail the logic test.

as far as logic goes i agree, any claims where he isnt at fault fail the logic test.

Simply your opinion. Everybody has those. It has nothing to do with logic. LMAO

Did i say it was more than opinion? nope....... another one of your retarded strawmen bites the dust and your post fails again :lamo
And yes im sure your opinion doesn't use logic but logic and reason is what i base mine on. LMAO

Did i say it was more than opinion? nope....... another one of your retarded strawmen bites the dust and your post fails again :lamo
And yes im sure your opinion doesn't use logic but logic and reason is what i base mine on. LMAO

Glad to see you acknowledge your opinion has no facts behind it. Therefore, it can't be based on any concept of logic. Logic requires facts. You fail. Again. LMAO

Polls have nothing to do with logic either. Yet politicians live and die with poll numbers.

Clearly, in the opinion of a vast majority of Americans, Trump is responsible for the 35 day shutdown.

Glad to see you acknowledge your opinion has no facts behind it. Therefore, it can't be based on any concept of logic. Logic requires facts. You fail. Again. LMAO

LMAO nice try but the fact remains your strawman failed, and this post of yours also fails too . . . . logic . . . FACTUALLY . . doesn't "require" facts. :lamo
wow nothing like completely owning yourself, better luck next time!

Please let me know when you can quote me saying it was fact, thanks!

Polls have nothing to do with logic either. Yet politicians live and die with poll numbers.

Clearly, in the opinion of a vast majority of Americans, Trump is responsible for the 35 day shutdown.

Finally, an honest answer. You are right, and probably MOST opinions have little or even no logic or even facts supporting them. I just dislike people pretending their opinions are worth more than others because they have some kind of magical "logic" behind them. IMO, it does look like most Americans blame Trump for the shutdown. I'm not claiming any facts to back it up, not that somehow my opinion is more logical than others; just simply my opinion. Of course, it also looks like many people also blame Congress, thought not the majority of Americans. Once again, just an opinion.

Well Trump said he was "proud" to shut down the government.

His pride was short lived though...but not short enough.

Its just another case of everyone reading things into what Trump said. When he said he was taking ownership of the shutdown, that doesnt mean he was taking ownership of the shutdown

You just assumed that was what he meant

LMAO nice try but the fact remains your strawman failed, and this post of yours also fails too . . . . logic . . . FACTUALLY . . doesn't "require" facts. :lamo
wow nothing like completely owning yourself, better luck next time!

Please let me know when you can quote me saying it was fact, thanks!

"Logic doesn't need facts"........Keep digging that hole. It amuses me. LMAO

:shock:
LMAO this is going to be fun!

Is that statement true, yes or no?

:popcorn2:

Keep digging. It's good mental exercise. LMAO you amuse me. LMAO

LMAO i KNEW you would dodge it!!!

Just for you; from Quora;

logic is a process which attempts to place evidence/facts into a language-based mathematical formula so that the result is objective and true.

So, are you righty or lefty? LMAO

ANother dodge LMAO

I guess your version of logic requires no evidence., no facts. But most of us like to apply logic to facts. Works better that way.

Might want to re-read that post you quoted. So, are you righty or lefty?

I guess your version of logic requires no evidence., no facts. But most of us like to apply logic to facts. Works better that way.

Might want to re-read that post you quoted. So, are you righty or lefty?
LMAO this is awesome another dodge
Logic requires facts.

...Trump has done much more than just watch Fox News... For starters, he just got done opening government back up for three weeks. You are being completely ridiculous here..

"Report: Trump Clocks in About Three Hours of Work on a Good Day"

You're the one who should be pissed he's so lazy. Just think about what other evil policies could have been implemented by now if he worked an eight, or heaven forbid, a ten hour day...

What, exactly, is unrealistic about building a border wall? It has been done many times throughout history..

Yes, we've had the tech to build walls for a while now. I've read posts asking why someone has a fence around their yard if they don't work. It's because the money it costs to defeat a wall is so much less than it costs to defeat high tech solutions. They're so much more cost effective.

Walls may be more tangible, symbolic and satisfying for the lets say, those who haven't thought it out, but we shouldn't spend our precious billions to fulfill a candidates promise to 30 to 40 percent of our citizens who want it.

Instead of a wall, you should be advocating spending on more personnel, drones, infrared cameras, microphones and other high tech solutions as they become available. Think about how happy you would be knowing that so many more refugees will be stopped from attaining their freedom.

...He was occupied with other priorities. Now, he's focused on the border wall..

I've got a bridge to sell. I guess the ultimate dealmaker never heard of business rule number two, 'strike while the iron's hot'.

...He sure can. He might just do so, too... We'll see by February 15th....

He won't, too many Repub Senators are starting to grow backbones. He may declare an emergency, he's going to need a some sort of major distraction very soon.

...They waste them on many unconstitutional welfare programs... Why not "waste" them on something constitutional for a change?.

A classic example of the, 'us and them' approach of dealing with, not only the world, but their fellow citizens. A view ingrained into the primal, reptilian mind of the typical conservative. A view that allows their hatful and in many cases racist policies acceptable to them (not necessarily you). Which brings up your last point.

...Bigotry. When bigotry enters the conversation, I leave the conversation... Not interested....

Knowing who our enemies are and treating them accordingly isn't bigotry. Mexico isn't one of them, Russia is.

...Void argument mixed with an insult fallacy.

Valid argument mixed with a well deserved insult...

LMAO this is awesome another dodge

You miss this? Maybe work on reading comprehension.

Just for you; from Quora;

logic is a process which attempts to place evidence/facts into a language-based mathematical formula so that the result is objective and true.

Now you answer a question. You a lefty or a righty? Don't dodge it again. Keep me entertained. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom