• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American : do you believe Israel is America's strongest ally in the middle east ?

Redbull

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is a survey. Please state your age and religion. I'm 24 non religious.

MadLib

monstrous vermin
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Yes, possibly along with Saudi Arabia. I'm not gonna state my age, but I am an atheist.

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Yes.....Israel is our Strongest Ally in the ME. What would religion have to do with that? Also Old enuff to know when to come in out of the rain.....but still young enuff not to care. :lol:

specklebang

Discount Philosopher
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

What do you mean by "strongest ally"? Militarily, financially, spiritually? Makes a difference...

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
What do you mean by "strongest ally"? Militarily, financially, spiritually? Makes a difference...

Heya SB :2wave: .....well you know the Song, 2 out of 3 aint bad? :lol:

specklebang

Discount Philosopher
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Heya SB :2wave: .....well you know the Song, 2 out of 3 aint bad? :lol:
Actually, it might be spiritually. Depend on the value placed on religion. We are more influenced by Judaism than by Muslim culture. So, it may well be part of the answer.

Financially, I'm not so sure that the ME doesn't have a lot more money than Israel.

So my question stands.

OldWorldOrder

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Needs the specificity specklebang asked for, but generally speaking, yes.

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Actually, it might be spiritually. Depend on the value placed on religion. We are more influenced by Judaism than by Muslim culture. So, it may well be part of the answer.

Financially, I'm not so sure that the ME doesn't have a lot more money than Israel.

So my question stands.

Well, Depends on who owns the banks. :lol:

specklebang

Discount Philosopher
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Seems the OP has vanished so I guess we'll never know.

DiAnna

Hooter Babe
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm hesitant to call any country America's "strongest" ally in the ME. Certainly, Israel is one of our strongest allies in the region, as is Jordan and Saudi Arabia. Yemen is an important ally, and historically... if not recently... Egypt has been one of America's strongest military allies in the ME. I need a more specific request. By "strongest", do you mean "most important", and if so most important in what regard? The question is too simplistic for the answer you require.

Coin

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
However, at one point or time, USA as always will be disappointed (not to call it betrayed) by w/e ally in ME.
As it happend with Pakistan.

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
I'm hesitant to call any country America's "strongest" ally in the ME. Certainly, Israel is one of our strongest allies in the region, as is Jordan and Saudi Arabia. Yemen is an important ally, and historically... if not recently... Egypt has been one of America's strongest military allies in the ME. I need a more specific request. By "strongest", do you mean "most important", and if so most important in what regard? The question is too simplistic for the answer you require.

Heya Dianna :2wave: .....myself I was going with that Israel has Nukes. None of the others do. Plus Israel kicked Egypt, and Syria's ass simultaneously. Might as well throw Jordan in there. Course they all say they are our allies, now. Except for Syria and Iran.

DiAnna

Hooter Babe
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Heya Dianna :2wave: .....myself I was going with that Israel has Nukes. None of the others do. Plus Israel kicked Egypt, and Syria's ass simultaneously. Might as well throw Jordan in there. Course they all say they are our allies, now. Except for Syria and Iran.

Shhhhhh! That's a secret.... :ninja:

:lol:

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Shhhhhh! That's a secret.... :ninja:

:lol:

Oh yeah.....quite Right.
glasses12.gif
Mums the word.
f_whistle.gif
wink.gif

Artevelde

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What makes Israel such a strong ally is the fact that it is a democracy that broadly shares Western values with the US. This makes the relationship less dependent on wjo is the current ruler (as in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi-Arabia).

Tigger

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

39, Non-Religious.... I don't believe the United States has allies, in the Middle East or anywhere else for that matter.

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

So my question stands.

l am sure those oil sheiks have much more money but no alliance with each other

Last edited:

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
l am sure those oil sheiks have much more money but no alliance with each other

Heya Medusa. :2wave: Now you don't think they have more than the Oldest Banks on the planet, do you?
glasses12.gif

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What makes Israel such a strong ally is the fact that it is a democracy that broadly shares Western values with the US. This makes the relationship less dependent on wjo is the current ruler (as in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi-Arabia).

Precisely correct. We are allies with the Saudi Royal Family. We are also allies with the Israeli people.

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Heya Medusa. :2wave: Now you don't think they have more than the Oldest Banks on the planet, do you?
glasses12.gif

the alliance of capital makes everything easy on this planet

Higgins86

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I don't think anyone can call Israel an ally as they pretty much do whatever they feel suits their own needs, personally I think Israel could care less about the US so long as that military aid keeps rolling in.

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
the alliance of capital makes everything easy on this planet

While that may be true.....it still shows that the Arabs despite all their Oil. Will never have All the power of the money.

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
While that may be true.....it still shows that the Arabs despite all their Oil. Will never have All the power of the money.

because they dont ally with each other

they prefer the alliance with the west ,MMC

then they falsely complain about israel

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
because they dont ally with each other

they prefer the alliance with the west ,MMC

then they falsely complain about israel

Well, even if they were ALL to come together.....they still would never have enough. What the Arabs must face is the fact.....they will Never be a Major World Power or Player. Ever Again. Not even if all the luck in the world was on their side. Which we know that is not the case..

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Well, even if they were ALL to come together.....they still would never have enough. What the Arabs must face is the fact.....they will Never be a Major World Power or Player. Ever Again. Not even if all the luck in the world was on their side. Which we know that is not the case..

because they are fake muslims (or even fake islamists )who serve for imperialism ,thats why their oil isnt enough for them to be a world power

their secularist part is being knocked out too

Top Bottom